Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Jews are afraid in Europe

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Why the Jews are afraid in Europe

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/intern...iticize-israel

Trying to torch a synagogue is anti-Israel rather than anti-Jew????

And just because they are incompetent arsonists doesn't seem to me to warrant no jail time.

2. Top | #2
    Member *
    Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

And just because they are incompetent arsonists doesn't seem to me to warrant no jail time.
    There's not much to the article. However the act of attempted arson is the same thing no matter what the persons were thinking and the reasons for not sentencing them seemed more to do with semantics than justice.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post

There's not much to the article. However the act of attempted arson is the same thing no matter what the persons were thinking and the reasons for not sentencing them seemed more to do with semantics than justice.
    If it's not an antisemitic act then assessing the fairness of the sentencing should be by comparison with other arson attacks, the specifics of the case, and what the law requires in such cases.
    EB

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

europe and white people are going thru identity crisis, i would not surprised european abandon jews / israel and support palestinian in future

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

The difference between being anti-Israel and being antisemitic has to be in the motive of the arsonists' act. The article doesn't provide the level of detail that could justify you in making a claim of antisemitic motive. I would agree that trying to torch a synagogue suggests antisemitism rather than a protest against the state of Israel but the judgement has to be made on the basis of judiciary principles not on the basis of a poll of public opinion. As it happens, the article does say that the court see the act as "a justified expression of criticism of Israel", which seems to rule out a charge for antisemitic act. The court may well be wrong in that but again you would need details that are not in the article to be able argue that.

Again the article doesn't provide the details necessary to assert that the absence of jail time was justified by the incompetence of the arsonists. If it's not an antisemitic act then assessing the fairness of the sentencing should be by comparison with other arson attacks, the specifics of the case, and what German law requires in such cases -- i.e. due process.
    EB

6. Top | #6
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

The arsonists (terrorists really) are Palestinian Muslims. And for some reason Muslims must be treated with kid gloves (they don't even get deported) in Europe, no matter what kind of crime they commit.

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post

The arsonists (terrorists really) are Palestinian Muslims. And for some reason Muslims must be treated with kid gloves (they don't even get deported) in Europe, no matter what kind of crime they commit.
    even murder ?

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Fascinating how long you can be riding that hobby horse of nothing but hot air

9. Top | #9
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed View Post
    even murder ?
    Rape and attempted murder at least. There was an Iraqi Islamist in Germany who tried to assassinate Iraqi prime minister. He served a few years and then was released, no deportation. A bit later, he stabbed a police woman in Berlin and almost killed her before getting shot and killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juma View Post
    A bunch of Islamic terrorists in Europe try to torch a synagogue and get no jail time. It's not riding any hobby horses, it's pointing out what should be obvious. But I am sure you and Dr. Z will try to tell us how none of this has anything to do with Islam and how you welcome your new Islamic overlords.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Rape and attempted murder at least. There was an Iraqi Islamist in Germany who tried to assassinate Iraqi prime minister. He served a few years and then was released, no deportation. A bit later, he stabbed a police woman in Berlin and almost killed her before getting shot and killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juma View Post
    A bunch of Islamic terrorists in Europe try to torch a synagogue and get no jail time. It's not riding any hobby horses, it's pointing out what should be obvious. But I am sure you and Dr. Z will try to tell us how none of this has anything to do with Islam and how you welcome your new Islamic overlords.
    So from one single case,which you misinterpret, of a handful peopke, you generalize over all european muslims?