Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: March for women. A message from Conservatives

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

March for women. A message from Conservatives

From a conservative friend on Facebook today

Something a friend posted today: I found a lot of truth in this, for me...
    "I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am " not respected or undermined" because I am a woman.
    I AM a woman.
    I can make my own choices.
    I can speak and be heard.
    I can VOTE.
    I can work if I want.
    I control my body.
    I can defend myself.
    I can defend my family.
    There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.
    I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.
    I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.
    Quit blaming.
    Take responsibility.
    If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.
    If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.
    If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not have the opportunity or means to have their voices heard.
    Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered.
    China and India, infanticide of baby girls.
    Afghanistan, unequal education rights.
    Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV infected and left to care for children alone.
    Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation.
    Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crime.
    Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages.
    And that's just a few examples.
    So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and they're marching in their clean clothes after eating a hearty breakfast, I have to shake my head. If you want to protest, and as long as it's peaceful have at it; I will not be there."
    Thoughts?

SLD

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLD View Post

"I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am " not respected or undermined" because I am a woman.
    I AM a woman.
    I can VOTE.
    I can work if I want.
    I control my body.
    I can defend myself.
    I can defend my family.
    I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.
    I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.
    Quit blaming.
    Take responsibility.
    If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.
    If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.
    If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not have the opportunity or means to have their voices heard.
    Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV infected and left to care for children alone.
    Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages.
    So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and they're marching in their clean clothes after eating a hearty breakfast, I have to shake my head. If you want to protest, and as long as it's peaceful have at it; I will not be there."
    Thoughts?

SLD
    Not really
    There is no life, no living, without pain. There is no safe space other than death. In our wounding, we learn healing. In our sorrow, we enable joy. In our mourning, we are reborn.

#Resistance #Persistence #Insistence #Deliverance

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

I AM a woman.
    I can VOTE.
    I can work if I want.
    I control my body.
    I can defend myself.
    I can defend my family.
    Quit blaming.
    Take responsibility.
    Thoughts?

SLD
    Yep. I thought "if she's so damn empowered and concerned, why doesn't she go help all those foreign women instead of complaining"?

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Reads like someone with little self-awareness ranting about something she doesn't really understand. But you said this was from Facebook so I guess that just goes without saying.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Sounds reasonable to me. What would something posted by a "liberal" friend sound like? I'm a woman, and I can't do anything right or take responsibility for my actions?

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That fb poster sounds tremendously ignorant. Big league ranting, trying to convince herself that she has control over something. She doesn't

Sounds like people are going to get into a Rex 84 - triggering tizzy if they don't stfu and ctfd. There is plenty of room for more than just illegals in those camps. I'd keep my mouth shut on social media, for fear of seeming a little too subversive. The "potentials" list is so large now, they have crashed the system.

Let us just hope that the hundreds of FEMA camps stay full of illegals, and not average white people, who are innocent in all of this.

God Bless Trump, God Bless Pence.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Standard conservative boilerplate

You could go to Townhall, or any facsimile thereof, and cut and paste everything in that post

Nothing new there, not even the phrasing. And if you don't buy into the religion of rugged individualism, you have probably already argued every sentence a hundred times across the internet, if not a hundred time just here.
    There is no life, no living, without pain. There is no safe space other than death. In our wounding, we learn healing. In our sorrow, we enable joy. In our mourning, we are reborn.

#Resistance #Persistence #Insistence #Deliverance

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts

I AM a woman.
    I can VOTE.
    I can work if I want.
    I control my body.
    I can defend myself.
    I can defend my family.
    Quit blaming.
    Take responsibility.
    Thoughts?

SLD

"Hey, look at this nice park bench! It is just for you. In fact, if someone other than you (or your kind) tries to sit on this park bench, all hell will break loose. You should be happy to have this bench. You're much better off than those folks in Africa who don't even have a park let alone a bench to sit upon. Be grateful that you live in such a free country, and stop with all your protesting."

(my mom actually made the mistake of sitting on a "colored only" park bench in late 1950s Birmingham)

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If that's an American woman, she is in denial or so short sighted as to render her view useless. Everything she said may be true for her (I doubt it, but OK), but it's not all of what's true. At best, her understanding of the wider world is severely myopic. I appreciate the reminder that women in other countries have it so much worse, but that does not mean all is well for women in the US. Does she not understand that fighting for our rights at home only strengthens women everywhere? Is she too stupid to understand that others having it worse does not excuse abuses here just because they're not as extreme? She is blind to much of what her fellow female human beings lives are like, and they aren't that way because of weakness or victim mentality or any shortcoming of the women involved.

Most importantly, she clearly doesn't understand what makes all those heinous abuses possible in any society to begin with. I bet she is also in denial about the millions of otherwise good, decent, intelligent men in our culture who, by waving off demeaning attitudes as normal, only serve to make the world a more welcoming and safe place for predators, for the men who commit the crimes she described, and for continuing the cultures that abuse and kill women and stifle our speech. That mindless, culturally programmed normalization of injustices much smaller than genocide is the substrate of any misogynistic culture. Some people need things to be obvious before they notice.

We are aware of and do speak on injustices everywhere, you fucking moron. And we don't just use the headline version of human rights abuses in other lands to bolster an argument that doesn't actually convey anything like empathy or a realistic understanding of women's issues. The whole rant stinks of "look at me, I go against the grain of all those sheeple" like a contrarian for the sake of controversy rather than fresh perspective. Women have been opposing other women working for women's rights for centuries. They have always been on the wrong side of history. Nothing fresh about this moralizing bullshit.

I do like how she demands that people speak kindly to her, though. Is there a line to speak to her? Is there a green room where people get a protocol briefing on how to approach the idiot with the passionate but irrelevant opinion?
    Last edited by Angry Floof; 01-22-2017 at 04:17 AM.
    The Authoritarians: http://theauthoritarians.org/

Americans, are you registered to vote?

10. Top | #10
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The green room is called a safe space and the protocol briefing is called a trigger warning