Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 577

Thread: March for women. A message from Conservatives

  1. Top | #561
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
    Posts
    4,855
    Archived
    11,254
    Total Posts
    16,109
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post

    The Women's Global March has no time for Civil rights of Muslims around the world.
    According to who? All the MUSLIM women I know who participated in the march thought the rights of Muslim women were pretty damn important, and they made sure I and everyone else in their lives knew about it. I supported them, and I still do.

    Are you here to tell me that they don't really care about it after all? How do I mansplain it convincingly to THEM that they're wrong about what they actually believe?
    I've worked for 3 Arab companies in the Middle East over several years. So I have some idea of Islamic viewpoints. Also I have worked with Sharia Law in contracts and employment and I have no problem with Sharia Civil law providing it complies with the existing laws of the UK etc.

    Muslim women have much better rights in the US than in the country they or their parent left, though there are many issues. Why are they not campaigning for women's rights back in the Islamic world?? So far no answer or, let me see, it was not a global march.

  2. Top | #562
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
    Posts
    4,855
    Archived
    11,254
    Total Posts
    16,109
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post

    People will protests for a reason.
    People will protest for MANY reasons.

    A single person may protest for a hundred reasons, and a hundred people may all protest for the same reason.

    But the same hundred people won't always have the same hundred reasons. And you don't get to claim they have "no" reasons just because they don't all share the same list of grievances.

    However when individuals cannot say exactly why they protest
    Except INDIVIDUALS can, and do, which has been pointed out to you repeatedly. What individuals can't do is say exactly why EVERYONE ELSE is protesting. Neither can you, obviously, although you keep trying to pretend that you can.


    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post

    Newsflash: most of the signs and sentiments at the march were NOT for removal or impeachment. It was to advocate that particular issues not be dismissed or catered to a minority. It was to show how many people feel about the executive and legislative actions about particular issues.

    It was not to remove by undemocratic processes (even though those non-ballot-box methods are certainly part of our system, just like executive orders are) and it was not to remove by unAmerican processes, either.

    Please keep up.
    Is there anything specific that you would march for?
    Because my tolerance for stupidity is apparently way higher than Rhea's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    We were advocating for issues that we want our government to pay attention to. Among those are "Women's Rights are Human Rights" on a global scale. Among them were sex trafficking, LGBT rights, equal pay, freedom from assault, rape and marriage slavery; reproductive rights, education, racial equality, economic equality
    In fairness, she didn't give you a whole lot of detail and didn't wax poetical about all the reasons why she personally went. Also in fairness, when I pointed to the website that explained some of the reasons for the march, she didn't explicitly tag that post as relevant to her reasons.

    That being said: we BOTH know that you understand perfectly well what her reasons are. You're not a moron, you're just clinging to a moronic point for rhetorical purposes, trying to digging little philosophical mud ditches trying to get Rhea to slip into one of them so you can argue against her more efficiently. The thing is, this is just a conflict-avoidance strategy: you never actually get around to making a coherent point, you just come off looking like a jackass for repeatedly asking leading questions like a prosecutor on Law and Order. This is NOT how honest dialog works, and you're giving people the impression that you're not trying to find out WHAT THEY THINK, you're trying to find out WHY THEY'RE WRONG.
    Protesters are not wrong for protesting and its not my business what they wish to belief except for the purpose of debating.My only point is the silence of the rights of women in the Islamic world. Is this a taboo question, forbidden knowledge.

  3. Top | #563
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
    Posts
    4,855
    Archived
    11,254
    Total Posts
    16,109
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post

    I can ask what it is about but I have no right to suggest any restrictions in the rights of protest.
    Way to dodge the question. We are not talking about whether you restrict the march. We are talking about you trying to define the march, and trying to do so contrary to those who were at the march. We're talking about the fact that you are being given answers that you refuse to acknowledge and that you are claiming to know what the march was about, despite being the opposite of an authority on the subject.


    So I'll ask again. Try answering _this_ question this time, not a new one that you made up.


    Just out of curiosity, why do you think you are qualified to state, "what this protest is about"?


    Specifically, what makes you think you have an accurate handle on what it was "about" for the 5 million people who participated in it?
    You, a person who can't even figure out why _I_ went when I told you, in writing, multiple times?

    Why do you think you should be a credible source?
    I have not right to restrict the free expression of people around the world.

    I am allowed to ask what the protest is about why not?
    The march is about a lot of things

    My question is why is everyone so far silent on why there is no protest of women's lack of rights in the Islamic world.

    I worked in the UAE for a number of years. It is considered progressive. It does not stone women rape victims for adultry any more; they just go to jail for a few years.
    UAE courts have upheld the husbands right to hit his wife but as long as they are not injured.

    So why is this being stonewalled with thundering silence?? One Atheist ex Muslim received worse comments about her than Trump made in 2005. I quoted this earlier. I quoted this. In fact she said the same thing.

    I am not a source I am a questioner. Isn't democracy also about raising queries to strange inconsistencies or are we subject to political correctness?

  4. Top | #564
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
    Posts
    4,855
    Archived
    11,254
    Total Posts
    16,109
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKiran View Post
    You know what makes for an enjoyable activity while a video buffers? Reading 20-odd pages of people trying to explain their basic ideological tenants to WP and then flipping out when he proves incapable of processing the information into understanding.
    LOL This made me chuckle.

    Although I will note that despite my use of colors and font sizes, my blood pressure remains low and healthy.
    Get the other guy annoyed. That will shoot his blood pressure up and your's down. It works.
    You can use red next time if you like and if possible highlights on certain words. The size is okay (kindergarten size).

  5. Top | #565
    Veteran Member PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,338
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    5,727
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie View Post
    People will protest for MANY reasons.

    A single person may protest for a hundred reasons, and a hundred people may all protest for the same reason.

    But the same hundred people won't always have the same hundred reasons. And you don't get to claim they have "no" reasons just because they don't all share the same list of grievances.

    However when individuals cannot say exactly why they protest
    Except INDIVIDUALS can, and do, which has been pointed out to you repeatedly. What individuals can't do is say exactly why EVERYONE ELSE is protesting. Neither can you, obviously, although you keep trying to pretend that you can.


    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post

    Newsflash: most of the signs and sentiments at the march were NOT for removal or impeachment. It was to advocate that particular issues not be dismissed or catered to a minority. It was to show how many people feel about the executive and legislative actions about particular issues.

    It was not to remove by undemocratic processes (even though those non-ballot-box methods are certainly part of our system, just like executive orders are) and it was not to remove by unAmerican processes, either.

    Please keep up.
    Is there anything specific that you would march for?
    Because my tolerance for stupidity is apparently way higher than Rhea's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    We were advocating for issues that we want our government to pay attention to. Among those are "Women's Rights are Human Rights" on a global scale. Among them were sex trafficking, LGBT rights, equal pay, freedom from assault, rape and marriage slavery; reproductive rights, education, racial equality, economic equality
    In fairness, she didn't give you a whole lot of detail and didn't wax poetical about all the reasons why she personally went. Also in fairness, when I pointed to the website that explained some of the reasons for the march, she didn't explicitly tag that post as relevant to her reasons.

    That being said: we BOTH know that you understand perfectly well what her reasons are. You're not a moron, you're just clinging to a moronic point for rhetorical purposes, trying to digging little philosophical mud ditches trying to get Rhea to slip into one of them so you can argue against her more efficiently. The thing is, this is just a conflict-avoidance strategy: you never actually get around to making a coherent point, you just come off looking like a jackass for repeatedly asking leading questions like a prosecutor on Law and Order. This is NOT how honest dialog works, and you're giving people the impression that you're not trying to find out WHAT THEY THINK, you're trying to find out WHY THEY'RE WRONG.
    Protesters are not wrong for protesting and its not my business what they wish to belief except for the purpose of debating.My only point is the silence of the rights of women in the Islamic world. Is this a taboo question, forbidden knowledge.
    Because not every protest is about everything.

    And that's just assuming you're right that none of the millions who marched were carrying signs about the treatment of women in the Middle East. How could you possibly know such a thing?

  6. Top | #566
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
    Posts
    4,855
    Archived
    11,254
    Total Posts
    16,109
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie View Post
    People will protest for MANY reasons.

    A single person may protest for a hundred reasons, and a hundred people may all protest for the same reason.

    But the same hundred people won't always have the same hundred reasons. And you don't get to claim they have "no" reasons just because they don't all share the same list of grievances.

    However when individuals cannot say exactly why they protest
    Except INDIVIDUALS can, and do, which has been pointed out to you repeatedly. What individuals can't do is say exactly why EVERYONE ELSE is protesting. Neither can you, obviously, although you keep trying to pretend that you can.


    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post

    Newsflash: most of the signs and sentiments at the march were NOT for removal or impeachment. It was to advocate that particular issues not be dismissed or catered to a minority. It was to show how many people feel about the executive and legislative actions about particular issues.

    It was not to remove by undemocratic processes (even though those non-ballot-box methods are certainly part of our system, just like executive orders are) and it was not to remove by unAmerican processes, either.

    Please keep up.
    Is there anything specific that you would march for?
    Because my tolerance for stupidity is apparently way higher than Rhea's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    We were advocating for issues that we want our government to pay attention to. Among those are "Women's Rights are Human Rights" on a global scale. Among them were sex trafficking, LGBT rights, equal pay, freedom from assault, rape and marriage slavery; reproductive rights, education, racial equality, economic equality
    In fairness, she didn't give you a whole lot of detail and didn't wax poetical about all the reasons why she personally went. Also in fairness, when I pointed to the website that explained some of the reasons for the march, she didn't explicitly tag that post as relevant to her reasons.

    That being said: we BOTH know that you understand perfectly well what her reasons are. You're not a moron, you're just clinging to a moronic point for rhetorical purposes, trying to digging little philosophical mud ditches trying to get Rhea to slip into one of them so you can argue against her more efficiently. The thing is, this is just a conflict-avoidance strategy: you never actually get around to making a coherent point, you just come off looking like a jackass for repeatedly asking leading questions like a prosecutor on Law and Order. This is NOT how honest dialog works, and you're giving people the impression that you're not trying to find out WHAT THEY THINK, you're trying to find out WHY THEY'RE WRONG.
    Protesters are not wrong for protesting and its not my business what they wish to belief except for the purpose of debating.My only point is the silence of the rights of women in the Islamic world. Is this a taboo question, forbidden knowledge.
    Because not every protest is about everything.

    And that's just assuming you're right that none of the millions who marched were carrying signs about the treatment of women in the Middle East. How could you possibly know such a thing?
    https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...Principles.pdf
    We believe that all women’s issues are issues faced by women with disabilities and Deaf women.
    As mothers, sisters, daughters, and contributing members of this great nation, we seek to break barriers
    to access, inclusion, independence, and the full enjoyment of citizenship at home and around the world.
    We strive to be fully included in and contribute to all aspects of American life, economy, and culture


    and

    We recognize that to achieve any of the goals outlined within this statement, we must work
    together to end war and live in peace with our sisters and brothers around the world. Ending war means
    a cessation to the direct and indirect aggression caused by the war economy and the concentration of
    power in the hands of a wealthy elite who use political, social, and economic systems to safeguard and
    expand their power.


    And

    https://www.womensmarch.com/womensday/

    We unite with the International Women’s Strike on March 8th and we observe Strike4Democracy’s Day of Planning on Friday, February 17th as we gather our friends, families, neighbors and coworkers and make plans to stand up for economic justice, affirmatively building community, and supporting local, women- and minority-owned businesses.


    If you are right then there is censorship for it is clearly an international organisation even if it avoids Middle Eastern issues. Is this to curry favour with Muslim groups in their unprecedented alliance with gay groups and leftists inc marxists

  7. Top | #567
    Veteran Member PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,338
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    5,727
    Rep Power
    44
    You're doing it again. The march did not originate with that organization and most of the people who marched probably had no idea it existed. The final word on why people marched comes from the people themselves, not from a webpage. Again, it's a right/left thing. I don't really expect you to get that people can spontaneously gather from the bottom up rather than following a rubric imposed from the top down.

  8. Top | #568
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Recluse
    Posts
    4,772
    Archived
    9,040
    Total Posts
    13,812
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    So I'll ask again. Try answering _this_ question this time, not a new one that you made up.


    Just out of curiosity, why do you think you are qualified to state, "what this protest is about"?


    Specifically, what makes you think you have an accurate handle on what it was "about" for the 5 million people who participated in it?
    You, a person who can't even figure out why _I_ went when I told you, in writing, multiple times?

    Why do you think you should be a credible source?
    I have not right to restrict the free expression of people around the world.

    I am allowed to ask what the protest is about why not?
    The march is about a lot of things

    My question is why is everyone so far silent on why there is no protest of women's lack of rights in the Islamic world.

    I worked in the UAE for a number of years. It is considered progressive. It does not stone women rape victims for adultry any more; they just go to jail for a few years.
    UAE courts have upheld the husbands right to hit his wife but as long as they are not injured.

    So why is this being stonewalled with thundering silence?? One Atheist ex Muslim received worse comments about her than Trump made in 2005. I quoted this earlier. I quoted this. In fact she said the same thing.

    I am not a source I am a questioner. Isn't democracy also about raising queries to strange inconsistencies or are we subject to political correctness?
    So again, you have no answer on why your claims that the women's march "was about" this or "wasn't about" that should be taken seriously.

    You have no credibility on saying it _wasn't_ about muslima in the middle east. It could have been for many people, and you wouldn't know.

    So to your question,
    why is everyone so far silent on why there is no protest of women's lack of rights in the Islamic world.
    They aren't silent and there was a protest.
    You are not a credible source to claim I'm wrong. Because you weren't there, you aren't listening, you don't listen and in all likelihood it was right in front of your face but you didn't want to see it. Probably someone showed you a sign, even, but you gaslighted yourself and it no longer exists, just like your crazy opinion that I haven't told you why I went.

    That's what I see. You're wrong and you don't know it. And nothing can be done for you. Like the jitterbug.

  9. Top | #569
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
    Posts
    4,855
    Archived
    11,254
    Total Posts
    16,109
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post

    I have not right to restrict the free expression of people around the world.

    I am allowed to ask what the protest is about why not?
    The march is about a lot of things

    My question is why is everyone so far silent on why there is no protest of women's lack of rights in the Islamic world.

    I worked in the UAE for a number of years. It is considered progressive. It does not stone women rape victims for adultry any more; they just go to jail for a few years.
    UAE courts have upheld the husbands right to hit his wife but as long as they are not injured.

    So why is this being stonewalled with thundering silence?? One Atheist ex Muslim received worse comments about her than Trump made in 2005. I quoted this earlier. I quoted this. In fact she said the same thing.

    I am not a source I am a questioner. Isn't democracy also about raising queries to strange inconsistencies or are we subject to political correctness?
    So again, you have no answer on why your claims that the women's march "was about" this or "wasn't about" that should be taken seriously.

    You have no credibility on saying it _wasn't_ about muslima in the middle east. It could have been for many people, and you wouldn't know.

    So to your question,
    why is everyone so far silent on why there is no protest of women's lack of rights in the Islamic world.
    They aren't silent and there was a protest.
    You are not a credible source to claim I'm wrong. Because you weren't there, you aren't listening, you don't listen and in all likelihood it was right in front of your face but you didn't want to see it. Probably someone showed you a sign, even, but you gaslighted yourself and it no longer exists, just like your crazy opinion that I haven't told you why I went.

    That's what I see. You're wrong and you don't know it. And nothing can be done for you. Like the jitterbug.
    It's very clear what the Women's march represents itself to be. I quoted from the website. There were no protests against ill treatment of Women in the Middle East. If there were I would be surprised and would like to hear of this.

    The reason I mention this is I am checking 2 documents

    The Black Flag of Rome seemingly from ISIS mentioning how Islam can infiltrate left wing and civil rights groups. I have this one which is quoted on website and is obtained from one website direct.

    Another document not in my possession yet is I understand issued by the Muslim Brotherhood. I believe it says the same. One of the groups under it is Muslim Student's Association (MSA) I found out about this by chance.

    I may be wrong but I am checking.

    Regards,




    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    You're doing it again. The march did not originate with that organization and most of the people who marched probably had no idea it existed. The final word on why people marched comes from the people themselves, not from a webpage. Again, it's a right/left thing. I don't really expect you to get that people can spontaneously gather from the bottom up rather than following a rubric imposed from the top down.
    This is spread through the MSA, twitter, email and the internet. People are not telepathic.
    Last edited by whichphilosophy; 02-17-2017 at 06:35 PM.

  10. Top | #570
    Veteran Member PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,338
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    5,727
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by whichphilosophy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post

    So again, you have no answer on why your claims that the women's march "was about" this or "wasn't about" that should be taken seriously.

    You have no credibility on saying it _wasn't_ about muslima in the middle east. It could have been for many people, and you wouldn't know.

    So to your question,
    why is everyone so far silent on why there is no protest of women's lack of rights in the Islamic world.
    They aren't silent and there was a protest.
    You are not a credible source to claim I'm wrong. Because you weren't there, you aren't listening, you don't listen and in all likelihood it was right in front of your face but you didn't want to see it. Probably someone showed you a sign, even, but you gaslighted yourself and it no longer exists, just like your crazy opinion that I haven't told you why I went.

    That's what I see. You're wrong and you don't know it. And nothing can be done for you. Like the jitterbug.
    It's very clear what the Women's march represents itself to be. I quoted from the website. There were no protests against ill treatment of Women in the Middle East. If there were I would be surprised and would like to hear of this.

    The reason I mention this is I am checking 2 documents

    The Black Flag of Rome seemingly from ISIS mentioning how Islam can infiltrate left wing and civil rights groups. I have this one which is quoted on website and is obtained from one website direct.

    Another document not in my possession yet is I understand issued by the Muslim Brotherhood. I believe it says the same. One of the groups under it is Muslim Student's Association (MSA) I found out about this by chance.

    I may be wrong but I am checking.
    So what you're suggesting is, ISIS and/or the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrated a women's rights march, which prominently lobbied for abortion rights, contraceptive availability, sexual freedom, and a host of other things that Islamists oppose, in order to make sure they didn't also march for the rights of Muslim women. And they were able to prevent all women who marched everywhere in the world from protesting against the treatment of Muslim women. This is where I get off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    You're doing it again. The march did not originate with that organization and most of the people who marched probably had no idea it existed. The final word on why people marched comes from the people themselves, not from a webpage. Again, it's a right/left thing. I don't really expect you to get that people can spontaneously gather from the bottom up rather than following a rubric imposed from the top down.
    This is spread through the MSA, twitter, email and the internet. People are not telepathic.
    With the exception of those who know the motives of each individual protester that took part in the march, of course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •