Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 569

Thread: "throw capitalism at it" ad absurdum

  1. Top | #181
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,541
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    111,293
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    Note that that article has a content warning on it.
    The warning is that it was written by people who know what is going on. They are close to the thing they are writing about.
    The warning is about likely bias. Of course Mondragon says Mondragon is good!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    So you've never had a baby? Parent + baby = dictatorship.
    All relationships are judged individually.

    They are not all the same thing. Having no ability to discriminate between very different cases is no argument.

    With a child you are dealing with someone that has undeveloped faculties. So they have to be told what to do many times.

    But workers are not children and ordering them around in a top down dictatorship is immoral. Are you a child? Do you want to be treated as one?

    It is forcing adults to be as if children. It is denying them full human expression at the workplace. Not only immoral but incredibly wasteful.
    You said all dictatorships are wrong. I'm showing a dictatorship that you are accepting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoatheist View Post

    The infinite wisdom of the government will decide every project and decide what every workers best interest is.
    You really don't understand anything, do you? The government - any government - is the central committee of the ruling class, and serves its interest. The vast working majority won't need one after the first few years, while they are re-educating the invincibly selfish and the deeply brainwashed to behave like normal people.
    We understand that you are regurgitating anarchist propaganda.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    I don't see the connection.

    You are taking it on faith that all businessmen are evil so what we say just goes in one ear and out the other if it doesn't match your ideas.
    What you forget is that these people own all the means of propaganda and have been brainwashing you since you were born. Try to think out where profit comes from! God doesn't send it down like manna, you know. I don't go in for terms like 'evil' - capitalism didn't intentionally slaughter all those Russians, Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals and so on - it was just a means to protect their profits, as will be the destruction of the world unless we stop it pretty fast.
    No profit = no money to build with = continued stone age lifestyle.

    Profit is a portion of the efficiency gain someone provides. In a free market you can't make profit without improving things for the customer.

  2. Top | #182
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,541
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    111,293
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoatheist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post

    You really don't understand anything, do you? The government - any government - is the central committee of the ruling class, and serves its interest. The vast working majority won't need one after the first few years, while they are re-educating the invincibly selfish and the deeply brainwashed to behave like normal people.

    Thanks for the good laugh. So Pol Pot had it right that most people in the ocuntry should be six feet under and only people that should be alive are the ones who agree with you?
    I don't think Pol Pot demanded that people agree with him, just that they not act on disagreement.

    Millions died because they acted on their disagreement with being sent into a situation where survival was unlikely.

  3. Top | #183
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,247
    Archived
    11,319
    Total Posts
    14,566
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoatheist View Post


    Thanks for the good laugh. So Pol Pot had it right that most people in the ocuntry should be six feet under and only people that should be alive are the ones who agree with you?
    I don't think Pol Pot demanded that people agree with him, just that they not act on disagreement.

    Millions died because they acted on their disagreement with being sent into a situation where survival was unlikely.
    He killed intellectuals and he sent people to re-education camps. It's the "solution" to get people who don't believe like you do to confirm.

  4. Top | #184
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    11,552
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    28,105
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post

    The warning is that it was written by people who know what is going on. They are close to the thing they are writing about.
    The warning is about likely bias. Of course Mondragon says Mondragon is good!
    Mondragon is a well known cooperative.

    You are desperately grasping at straws.

    There is no evidence dictatorships are necessary or even efficient. They are merely a convenient way to steal from workers. That is why they exist.

    Why a sane human would defend the structure is beyond me. It shows a real lack of integrity.

    You said all dictatorships are wrong. I'm showing a dictatorship that you are accepting.
    The parent/child relationship is not a dictatorship. It is an authoritarian relationship, for very good reasons, but not a dictatorship.

    A dictatorship is more than giving orders. It is a relationship, really a malicious scheme, that mostly benefits the dictator.

    The authoritarian nature of the parent/child relationship is done for the good of the child, not the parent.

  5. Top | #185
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    3,940
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    4,647
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    The warning is about likely bias. Of course Mondragon says Mondragon is good!
    Mondragon is a well known cooperative.
    And it doesn't rely on any government services or goods like say, roads, does it?

  6. Top | #186
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    11,552
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    28,105
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post

    Mondragon is a well known cooperative.
    And it doesn't rely on any government services or goods like say, roads, does it?
    I see no point.

    The production of roads by the government is not capitalism. It is socialism.

    When the government props up the system, like in the US, that is socialism.

    If you want naked capitalism you have to go to places like Haiti or Guatemala.

  7. Top | #187
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,247
    Archived
    11,319
    Total Posts
    14,566
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    The warning is about likely bias. Of course Mondragon says Mondragon is good!
    Mondragon is a well known cooperative.

    You are desperately grasping at straws.

    There is no evidence dictatorships are necessary or even efficient. They are merely a convenient way to steal from workers. That is why they exist.

    Why a sane human would defend the structure is beyond me. It shows a real lack of integrity.

    You said all dictatorships are wrong. I'm showing a dictatorship that you are accepting.
    The parent/child relationship is not a dictatorship. It is an authoritarian relationship, for very good reasons, but not a dictatorship.

    A dictatorship is more than giving orders. It is a relationship, really a malicious scheme, that mostly benefits the dictator.

    The authoritarian nature of the parent/child relationship is done for the good of the child, not the parent.
    You say it's not necessary and praise its benefits but you won't create one of your own? I think that shows a lot.

    I have shown you a multitude of reasons it works and it creates multiple parties symbiotic relationship.

  8. Top | #188
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,541
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    111,293
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoatheist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    I don't think Pol Pot demanded that people agree with him, just that they not act on disagreement.

    Millions died because they acted on their disagreement with being sent into a situation where survival was unlikely.
    He killed intellectuals and he sent people to re-education camps. It's the "solution" to get people who don't believe like you do to confirm.
    But he didn't kill them for being intellectual. He killed them for saying his grandiose plans wouldn't work.

  9. Top | #189
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,541
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    111,293
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    The warning is about likely bias. Of course Mondragon says Mondragon is good!
    Mondragon is a well known cooperative.
    Well known--debatable, a lot of people don't know about it.

    Cooperative--sort of.

    Note that you aren't proving how well it works!

    There is no evidence dictatorships are necessary or even efficient. They are merely a convenient way to steal from workers. That is why they exist.
    Efficient, certainly, because they don't waste time on politics.

    Why a sane human would defend the structure is beyond me. It shows a real lack of integrity.
    We defend it because it works. Most of the evils are from being a monopoly, not from being a dictatorship. (Nations are inevitably something akin to monopolies.)

    You said all dictatorships are wrong. I'm showing a dictatorship that you are accepting.
    The parent/child relationship is not a dictatorship. It is an authoritarian relationship, for very good reasons, but not a dictatorship.
    When the baby is young enough it's a dictatorship.

    A dictatorship is more than giving orders. It is a relationship, really a malicious scheme, that mostly benefits the dictator.

    The authoritarian nature of the parent/child relationship is done for the good of the child, not the parent.
    So it's not a dictatorship because it's not evil.

    Sorry, but that's not a proper definition.

  10. Top | #190
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    11,552
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    28,105
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    A dictatorship is more than giving orders. It is a relationship, really a malicious scheme, that mostly benefits the dictator.

    The authoritarian nature of the parent/child relationship is done for the good of the child, not the parent.
    So it's not a dictatorship because it's not evil.

    Sorry, but that's not a proper definition.
    A child cannot just wander into the street at will. They will get killed. Somebody has to hold their hand and say, no, a car is coming.

    It is dictatorship to protect the child from it's own naivete and ignorance.

    Not a dictatorship to steal from it.

    If you can't see a moral difference you have no moral compass.

    If you can't see the difference between ordering somebody to save them and teach them and ordering somebody to serve your interests you have no moral compass.

    But that is what capitalism does, corrupts everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •