Page 317 of 318 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318 LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3174

Thread: RussiaGate

1. Top | #3161
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

You're like Trump who denies he said something when we have it on tape.
    No, I have all the tapes. Ask random person in US "What is Nord Stream 2?" and then ask about Meghan Markle.

2. Top | #3162
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    You keep bringing up your stupid linguistic derails.
    This thread is about RussiaGate. And the latest round started with my remark about how Media talking heads fail to mention that certain russian agent is actually ukrainian.
    For someone who's so hung up on linguistics, I'm surprised you don't know that in the US, being a nation agent doesn't mean you are a national of that nation. Paul Manafort was convicted of the crime of being an unregistered agent of Ukraine. He is not a Ukrainian.
    There is no need to tell that Manafort is an american, everybody knows who he is.
    In case of a "russian" agent we have a "lie by omission".
    The same shit happened with Clinton email server hacking , where US Media failed to mention that their source was a known liar who had financial ties to Clinton herself.

3. Top | #3163
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTalking View Post

A remark that was shown to be wrong in this post:
    https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...l=1#post885270
    It absolutely was not shown to be incorrect as I have shown in my comments to the post you linked.

Alright then, what do you think it shows that the remark you made which started this side discussion was incorrect?
    why do I have to repeat everything twice? It shows ridiculousness of your theory in which russuian agents walk free in Ukraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Yes, these dumb-asses switched to english. Georgians there understood english, and one ukrainian (the speaker) spoke it well too, but the rest of ukrainians did not. One would ask why all georgians and only one ukrainian speak english? I know you don't know why so I will tell you why. Because all of the georgian government consisted/consists of US "educated" georgians - lawyers and business degrees from US universities. Same with the ukrainian speaker.
    The rest did not speak any english. The next question, why would pretty much everyone in georgian government have US degrees? The answer - because Georgia is US's puppet regime. Same with Ukraine now.
    It has nothing to do with linguistics.

You're welcome.
    That was a bit premature, but thank you for displaying your entrenched ignorance on yet another topic over the last several pages.
    Please do tell me how it is me who is ignorant here?
    Last edited by barbos; 03-28-2021 at 03:03 AM.

4. Top | #3164
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    He worked in Russian media. He recognizes the same tactics at Fox News.

In a newly released report, U.S. intelligence agencies outline how Russia yet again sought to subvert American democracy. The findings confirm that the Kremlin tried to plant damaging disinformation about Joe Biden among associates of then-President Donald Trump.

That report and others that preceded it are important, because the foreign threat to American democracy is real and growing. But they should not distract us from a disturbing reality: The most serious danger to the United States from the Russian propaganda playbook doesn’t come from Moscow. It comes from Manhattan, where Fox News prime-time hosts broadcast conspiracy theories and disinformation while mimicking tactics that insiders in Russian media easily recognize.

One person who finds the United States’ right-wing media ecosystem all too familiar is Peter Pomerantsev, who was born in the Soviet Union but fled and later settled in London. When Pomerantsev was in his 20s, he decided to return to Russia. He soon landed a plum job at the heart of Russian television production.

---

Pomerantsev now teaches at Johns Hopkins University, and his latest book illuminates why propaganda is so effective at dividing us. Today, he watches American right-wing television news — particularly Fox News, Newsmax and OAN — with dismay. And he tells me that a career in Russian media would be perfect preparation for working at those networks.

“It’s the same game,” Pomerantsev explains. “It’s the same rhetorical tactics, the same intellectual tactics, the same psychological tactics.”
    Much more in the link.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

5. Top | #3165
    Archived
    Total Posts
    He worked in Russian media. He recognizes the same tactics at Fox News.
    “It’s the same rhetorical tactics, the same intellectual tactics, the same psychological tactics.”
    And the same pig-ignorant electorate. As some Trumpologists have observed, "we get the government we deserve".

6. Top | #3166
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Staff Notice
    X Thread split
    The derail on Russia-Ukraine language has been split and moved to its own thread in Politics.

In both threads, please remember to address the argument, not the person.

7. Top | #3167
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The issues with Russia never end for the Trump Admin, I suppose that is what happens when you try to bury everything in a shallow grave on a beach. The Barr Memo is ordered to be released. This could be incredibly scandalous... or more of the same with the Barr Justice Department. Time will tell. The heavily redacted document was heavily redacted, making some people think a good deal of redactable scandal could be behind all that redaction.

We won't know until it is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    The Justice Department had argued in court that much of the substance of Engel and O'Callaghan's memo should stay blacked out, because it was protected internal discussions about the law and policy. One DOJ lawyer, Paul Colborn, had told the court the memo was meant to help Barr decide whether to prosecute Trump.
    Discussion about law is redactable? Smells fishy, a redactable sized fish fishy.

8. Top | #3168
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    This could be incredibly scandalous... or more of the same
    It's impossible to scandalize Trump or trumpsuckers. They have no capacity for shame and no inclination to take responsibility for anything.
    Lying to the Court is perfectly legal unless you not only get caught, but get thrown in jail. And that ain't happening to Barr, Colborn or any of the other lying trumpsuckers.

9. Top | #3169
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Second Steele dossier references claims of the existence of more Trump "sex tapes": report
    The former British spy who wrote a salacious dossier about Trump also wrote a sequel, according to a new report

The former British spy who wrote a salacious dossier about Donald Trump also wrote a sequel document, according to a new report.

"The former MI6 spy Christopher Steele produced a second dossier for the FBI on Donald Trump while he was in the White House, sources told The Telegraph. Mr. Steele filed a series of intelligence reports to US authorities during the Trump presidency, including information concerning alleged sexual exploits," the British newspaper reported Monday evening.

"Mr. Steele's continued involvement supplying intelligence to the FBI appears to give credibility to his original dossier, which sparked a special counsel investigation by prosecutor Robert Mueller into Russian interference into the 2016 US presidential elections," the newspaper noted. "The second dossier contains raw intelligence that makes further claims of Russian meddling in the US election and also references claims regarding the existence of further sex tapes. The second dossier is reliant on separate sources to those who supplied information for the first reports."

"The fact the FBI continued to receive intelligence from Mr. Steele, who ran MI6's Russia desk from 2006 to 2009 before setting up Orbis, is potentially significant because it shows his work was apparently still being taken seriously after Mr. Trump took hold of the reins of power," the newspaper explained. "The suggestion it includes further details of Mr. Trump's sexual exploits will infuriate the former president. On Twitter, he has called the allegations a 'pile of garbage.'"
    Full report here.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

10. Top | #3170
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    This could be incredibly scandalous... or more of the same
    It's impossible to scandalize Trump or trumpsuckers. They have no capacity for shame and no inclination to take responsibility for anything.
    Lying to the Court is perfectly legal unless you not only get caught, but get thrown in jail. And that ain't happening to Barr, Colborn or any of the other lying trumpsuckers.
    What's the penalty for a lawyer lying to a judge in court? It may be very difficult to prove Barr committed felonious perjury, but if it were proved, how long a prison term could Barr get?

Since one of the major U.S. parties is now focused solely on telling lies, I think the Dems should focus on perjury prosecutions.

What are the laws on perjury? I assume a Congresscritter can stand up in House or Senate and spout whatever falsehoods he/she wishes with no fear of consequences. How about if the Congresscritter were required to swear an oath on the Bible before each speech? How hard is it to make lying illegal in some new context?