Page 476 of 483 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 4822

Thread: Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

  1. Top | #4751
    Senior Member OLDMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    724
    Archived
    2,107
    Total Posts
    2,831
    Rep Power
    47
    The Life of a Bee 8/10 A CBC documentary from the show "The Nature of Things". I think it can be seen on CBC Gems. Story of the 7 week life of a scout bee as told though her eyes. Great show for the kids during the virus crisis. But parents can learn a lot too.

  2. Top | #4752
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    1,724
    Archived
    2,829
    Total Posts
    4,553
    Rep Power
    33
    Really? I found it dull and utterly predictable. I'm bummed that I wasted the $$ on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMAN View Post
    The Invisible man 8/10 Ignore the obvious problems of occupying space and this is a great thriller. This works because of the acting abilities of Elisibeth Moss and the way the movie is allowed to play out. Close to a horror movie feel, because the villain is a mastermind. Worth the rent.

  3. Top | #4753
    Senior Member OLDMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    724
    Archived
    2,107
    Total Posts
    2,831
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Playball40 View Post
    Really? I found it dull and utterly predictable. I'm bummed that I wasted the $$ on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMAN View Post
    The Invisible man 8/10 Ignore the obvious problems of occupying space and this is a great thriller. This works because of the acting abilities of Elisibeth Moss and the way the movie is allowed to play out. Close to a horror movie feel, because the villain is a mastermind. Worth the rent.
    Yeah, got it for free...wouldn't pay for regular tv. Though the kids would enjoy it, It wasn't a murder mystery or anything...just bees.

  4. Top | #4754
    My Brane Hertz spikepipsqueak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,434
    Archived
    8,811
    Total Posts
    12,245
    Rep Power
    52
    The Skin I Live In. 8/10
    My Brane Hertz

  5. Top | #4755
    Elder Contributor angelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    12,412
    Archived
    5,706
    Total Posts
    18,118
    Rep Power
    61
    A movie made in 2011 has attracted a new widespread audience for it's eerie prophetic nature to the current COVID-19 pandemic.

    Contagion



    The death of Beth Emhoff and her son leads to the discovery of a deadly virus. While the US Centers for Disease Control struggles to curb its spread, a worldwide panic ensues.

  6. Top | #4756
    Senior Member OLDMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    724
    Archived
    2,107
    Total Posts
    2,831
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    A movie made in 2011 has attracted a new widespread audience for it's eerie prophetic nature to the current COVID-19 pandemic.

    Contagion



    The death of Beth Emhoff and her son leads to the discovery of a deadly virus. While the US Centers for Disease Control struggles to curb its spread, a worldwide panic ensues.
    That's pretty far fetched...

  7. Top | #4757
    Elder Contributor angelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    12,412
    Archived
    5,706
    Total Posts
    18,118
    Rep Power
    61
    It was at the time wasn't it.

    What next, an alien invasion to resemble War Of The Worlds? Or The Day The Earth Stood Still? Which I thoroughly enjoyed, and rate it 8.5/10 Luckily that's not possible because of the vast distance, even our nearest neighboring star is around 5 light years away.

  8. Top | #4758
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD, USA
    Posts
    233
    Archived
    1,844
    Total Posts
    2,077
    Rep Power
    71
    Knives Out 2019

    Wife and I watched Knives Out based on recommendation from our son. Very much an Agatha Christie type story. Though it was somewhat hard to watch Daniel Craig act with a southern accent. I even believe that one character derisively makes a reference to "a bucket of chicken" when speaking to Benoit Blanc. And this is very similar to my having trouble watching Christie movies with Hercule Poirot and his heavy hard-to-understand accent. But, back to the movie - great twists and turns. So much to consider, this is a movie that I want to watch again to catch more of what is going on in each scene. 9/10

  9. Top | #4759
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    18,363
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    42,863
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by hyzer View Post
    I even believe that one character derisively makes a reference to "a bucket of chicken" when speaking to Benoit Blanc.
    Captain America: "SHUT UP , with that Kentucky-fried, Foghorn Leghorn drawl!"

  10. Top | #4760
    My Brane Hertz spikepipsqueak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,434
    Archived
    8,811
    Total Posts
    12,245
    Rep Power
    52
    The covid derail has been moved to this thread.

    https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...m-movie-thread
    My Brane Hertz

Similar Threads

  1. What Live Event Did You See (Rate it)?
    By Jimmy Higgins in forum Media & Culture Gallery
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-01-2019, 11:50 PM
  2. Bernie Sanders on the current state of media today today
    By RVonse in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-08-2018, 08:07 PM
  3. Paternity fraud rate: 2%
    By Loren Pechtel in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-09-2016, 08:04 AM
  4. Black Crime Rate
    By JonA in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-16-2015, 05:59 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •