Page 433 of 433 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433
Results 4,321 to 4,325 of 4325

Thread: Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

1. Top | #4321
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Any Questions for Ben? 7/10

Existential angst blended with a nice little love story on a bed of a great visual ad. for Melbourne and Victoria.
    My Brane Hertz

2. Top | #4322
    Archived
    Total Posts
    What's Easter without a religious fantasy blockbuster or two.

The Ten Commandments A little long in the tooth now as it was made in 1956.

Starring Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner and Anne Baxter and a cast of thousands, including Edward G Robinson.

As long as it's not taken seriously, it's a true blockbuster.

8.5/10

3. Top | #4323
    Veteran Member
    My Friend Dahmer, 6/10; Based on the book, the movie is the story of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer's early life or last couple of years in high school as told by classmate John Backderf. There's nothing particularly menacing about the young Dahmer. He is an oddball and a bit weird of course but he doesn't seem particularly threatening or dangerous. The movie ends just after he graduates and he is picking up a hitchhiker who will be his first victim. It's an ok movie but it's fairly pedestrian and it seems like an attempt by the author to make a few bucks off the back of his acquaintance with Dahmer.

4. Top | #4324
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Avengers Endgame.

A movie full of fan service. I think I wanted more. Infinity War in spite of its bombast was wonderful. The opening scene was perfect and I wanted more of it. Sometimes it came along. There were definately surprises. The end was not what was talked about for years and it’s hard to see how the MCU will continue given this - at least in some respects. I do hope I saw the genesis of a movie that will make the incels wet the bed.
    Already have my second ticket for tonight and do look forward to it.

5. Top | #4325
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Colourful Jester View Post
    Avengers Endgame.

A movie full of fan service. I think I wanted more. Infinity War in spite of its bombast was wonderful. The opening scene was perfect and I wanted more of it. Sometimes it came along. There were definately surprises. The end was not what was talked about for years and it’s hard to see how the MCU will continue given this - at least in some respects. I do hope I saw the genesis of a movie that will make the incels wet the bed.
    Already have my second ticket for tonight and do look forward to it.
    I have not seen the movie yet, have tickets for Sunday evening but wanted to comment on the above in bold. Avengers: End Game marks the end of phase 3 of the MCU, and it is expected that the Avengers will no longer carry the MCU torch in phase 4. Current rumor is that the Eternals will take over at the center of the MCU in phase 4, and an Eternals movie is currently being cast, and should start production later this year. Before that comes out, however, we will see Spider-Man: Far From Home, which could possibly start laying the ground work for phase 4. Black Widow and Black Panther 2 are also starting production later this year, and they may both come out before the Eternals move. If they do come out first, expect those two movies to provide some heavy clues for the future of the MCU.