Thread: Major League Baseball

1. Top | #101
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Has there ever been a World Series where the visiting team won every game?
    Nope, but there also hasn't been a day where some statistical anomaly wasn't generated by the random number generator (MLB).
    In fact, it's never even happened for the first six games, in MLB, NBA, or NHL; so, the first time in 1,420 best-of-7 series.
    It'd be interesting to get a statistician on it. Based on this link there's only 35 different permutations in a 7 game series. So given random chance you should get roughly that sequence every 35 series.

That it didn't happen until 1420 were played suggests to me that home-field advantage is huge. I wonder if someone's tried to quantify that before..

2. Top | #102
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Congrats to the Nats and to the Stros for giving me my dream series. When my team is not in it, I always root for the road team. This was a dream come true!

Still amazed that Kendrick batted .344, good for him. But go to hell Soto, keep your crotch out of my face.

3. Top | #103
    Veteran Member
    I always watch baseball after I have recorded at least an hour. So I was only in to the fourth inning and the Astros up by two runs when a notification popped up on my phone with the title "Nationals Win Their First World Series" !! Kinda spoiled it for me. But the Nationals deserved their championship, they played a hell of a series, winning all their games on the road (as did the Astros) and playing some really good baseball. Two great teams. What an enjoyable series that was.

4. Top | #104
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Also, the last 4 WS champions had to beat the Dodgers to make it. Yay for being stepping-stones.

5. Top | #105
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The Expos finally won the World Series! This should have been their second one, but the players couldn't handle a French Canadien city winning the World Series, so they made with the strike.

6. Top | #106
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    I always watch baseball after I have recorded at least an hour. So I was only in to the fourth inning and the Astros up by two runs when a notification popped up on my phone with the title "Nationals Win Their First World Series" !! Kinda spoiled it for me. But the Nationals deserved their championship, they played a hell of a series, winning all their games on the road (as did the Astros) and playing some really good baseball. Two great teams. What an enjoyable series that was.
    Yeah, I don't have any sports apps like ESPN on my phone, just for that reason.

An amazing post-season run by the Nats. To come from behind in the late innings of 5 elimination games is impressive.

7. Top | #107
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    Yeah, I don't have any sports apps like ESPN on my phone, just for that reason.
    And Apple News says "Hold my beer". I need to find out how to stop those push notifications.

8. Top | #108
    Contributor
    Some of the best baseball completion, pitching, and plays I've seen.