Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: What video game are you playing?

1. Top | #251
    Might be a replicant Emily Lake's Avatar
    Northern Hemisphere, Bordering the Pacific
    Fallout 76

Slowly, and often painfully

With frequent bouts of running away from the wtf clusters of scorchbeasts and randomly generated super mutants that are double my level because some lvl 127 person wandered through a corner of that map region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top | #252
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Lake View Post
    Fallout 76

With frequent bouts of running away from the wtf clusters of scorchbeasts and randomly generated super mutants that are double my level because some lvl 127 person wandered through a corner of that map region

Umm...why? The Fallout New California mod is out, just saying.

3. Top | #253
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    X-Com 2. It is like X-Com but it has the number 2 next to it.

You win Enemy Unknown, and then... well... it didn't work out well still. And I'm thinking, what in the Terminator?!

Regardless, I liked the first game, and that was my first exposure to that type of game, and really remains my only exposure to it. It would be nice if my X-Com ex-pats survived to the second game, granted it has been 20 years, so they've aged. The enemy probably just do some psyonic crap and then my vets would be whining about how children today just don't revolt against the Advent like they did in their day... then they get killed after getting flanked.

Carnival Games (Switch) - The reviews are generally right. The upgrade from Wii graphics is nice and the new games were done well. The problem is, it is a bit repetitive after a while. The only thing that saves it is being on sale during a Xmas sale and only playing it with my young daughter (and maybe wife). Thankfully, I waited for a sale and updates as apparently the game at launch made Lawrence's crossing of the desert seem like a cakewalk compared to the grinding required to unlock anything (including motion controls?!?!?).

Stardew Valley (Switch) - Well updates were made and I'm casually back into it, but only can stomach a day at a time. I need more rock to build stairs for a deep mine run. The game gets really slow after you really establish yourself. Planting star fruit things only provides so much enjoyment as you have to wait for the darn things to grow.

Cuphead (PC) - Jesus fucking Christ on a stick, is that hard!!! I love the graphics though.

4. Top | #254
    Veteran Member C_Mucius_Scaevola's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This War Of Mine

Compelling. Depressing. Frustrating.

5. Top | #255
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The Witcher 3, Rocket League, CS: GO, and NullPoMino.
    Do human beings have free will? I can't decide.

6. Top | #256
    Might be a replicant Emily Lake's Avatar
    Northern Hemisphere, Bordering the Pacific
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Lake View Post
    Fallout 76

Umm...why? The Fallout New California mod is out, just saying.
    Because console...

7. Top | #257
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by braces_for_impact View Post
    CIvilization 6, Homeworld Remastered collection (God I love this game), I just snagged Baldur's Gate Remastered edition, Endless Space 2, and I just got Stellaris although I haven't played it yet, since it's on sale at Steam.
    Thoughts on Endless Space 2?

8. Top | #258
    Veteran Member braces_for_impact's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Signed into Civ6 today to play, looks like there's some new updates to the game, despite the fact I haven't purchased gathering storm yet, and I'm getting a mostly blue screen instead of graphics. Uninstalled and reinstalling now hopefully this will fix it.
    I take all knowledge to be my province.
    -Sir Francis Bacon

9. Top | #259
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Civ VI: The Gathering Storm

I sooo wanted to like this game. I sooo wanted to get into it and find it interesting. I specifically avoided playing Civ VI until the first expansion pack came out because the initial releases of this franchise barely qualify as a beta and I didn't want to give them money to be one of their QA testers. There was some enjoyable stuff, but it really failed to capture my interest. There was just … something … missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I could not get engaged by this game. I let it drop and then this new update came out with apparently a whole bunch of new features. I gave them more of my money and tried it out again. Exact same result.

Just something about the new mechanics and gameplay which doesn't appeal to me. It's a boring game. I think one of the biggest issues is that it encourages you to play wide instead of tall and I don't like that playstyle and production is hard to come by, so everything happens so slowly but speeding up the game clock just makes eras whip by too fast so that doesn't compensate for it.

I guess when Civ VII comes out, I'll pick up a copy a couple of years afterwards and see if things have gotten better.

10. Top | #260
    I just got the new Farcry game out on computer. It's the sequel to farcry5 and it looks pretty cool.
    HE WHOEVER FIGHTS MONSTERS SHOULD SEE TO IT THAT IN THE PROCESS HE DOES NOT BECOME A MONSTER. AND IF YOU GAZE LONG ENOUGH INTO THE ABYSS, THE ABYSS GAZES INTO YOU.

Friedrich Nietzsche