Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Aron Ra video: What is Darwinism?

  1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor Underseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    11,413
    Archived
    39,172
    Total Posts
    50,585
    Rep Power
    73

    Aron Ra video: What is Darwinism?



    There are legitimate uses of the term Darwinism (say, to distinguish the original conception of Evolution from the post-Synthesis version, or to distinguish it from Lamarckism which came before), and then there's how creationists use the term, which has parallels with flat Earth believers and their use of the term "ball Earth."

  2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    4,563
    Rep Power
    11
    Darwinism is obsolete. It is the Theory Of Evolution into which feeds all the relevant branches of science.

    The term Darwinism is usually used by the religious as a pejorative, often wrongly inferring 'men came from apes' is part of TOE.

  3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member braces_for_impact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Clearwater, FL.
    Posts
    3,057
    Archived
    6,637
    Total Posts
    9,694
    Rep Power
    69
    Yes, I often noticed that Christians (especially evangelicals) call evolution Darwinism, for what to my mind appears to be a type of projection. They often feel that atheists "worship" Charles Darwin, or hold him in some place of devout reverence, like they do with Jesus. This is often followed by equivocation of the words, "faith", "worship" and "theory".

  4. Top | #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    727
    Archived
    14,394
    Total Posts
    15,121
    Rep Power
    68
    First off, love Aron Ra! I've been a subscriber for some time now and enjoy his content. If I had some money, I'd be a patron.

    Secondly, this reminds me of what seems to be a trend among the religious: to try to create "-isms/-ists" which don't really exist. Aron has had to debunk the idea that "evolutionism" is a thing or that there are "evolutionists". While debating a theist in YouTube comments, I was surprised to learn that "scientism" actually is a thing, but most folks don't use it properly, rather they use it to mock science itself and/or the scientific method and peer review. So, as I believe he'd also say, I understand evolution and accept its conclusions, but I wouldn't say I'm an "evolutionist."

  5. Top | #5
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    10,484
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    11,191
    Rep Power
    42
    So you accept the godless evolution, and don't call yourself an evolutionist??
    Then you've been brainwashed by the evolution preachers. That's like saying you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, and The Bible as the Word of God, but you're not a Christian!
    90% of Darwinistas are like that - they pretend that their faith in evolution is based on scientifically observable facts, but nor a single one of them has ever been seen to have grown wings and flown away. Why not? Because evolution is a fairy tale, and faith in evolution can only be instilled at the devil-controlled hands of the anti-God liberal science establishment (aka the Deep State).

  6. Top | #6
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    8,619
    Archived
    3,444
    Total Posts
    12,063
    Rep Power
    68
    I enjoy Aron Ra.

  7. Top | #7
    Elder Contributor Underseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    11,413
    Archived
    39,172
    Total Posts
    50,585
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Darwinism is obsolete. It is the Theory Of Evolution into which feeds all the relevant branches of science.

    The term Darwinism is usually used by the religious as a pejorative, often wrongly inferring 'men came from apes' is part of TOE.
    In America it is used as a perjorative, but in England they use it interchangeably with evolution because they are proud that Darwin came from there.

    Isn't it odd how some cultures teach people to value truth and others do the exact opposite?

  8. Top | #8
    Elder Contributor Underseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    11,413
    Archived
    39,172
    Total Posts
    50,585
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    So you accept the godless evolution, and don't call yourself an evolutionist??
    Then you've been brainwashed by the evolution preachers. That's like saying you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, and The Bible as the Word of God, but you're not a Christian!
    90% of Darwinistas are like that - they pretend that their faith in evolution is based on scientifically observable facts, but nor a single one of them has ever been seen to have grown wings and flown away. Why not? Because evolution is a fairy tale, and faith in evolution can only be instilled at the devil-controlled hands of the anti-God liberal science establishment (aka the Deep State).
    Funny parody. And accurate.

  9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    4,563
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Underseer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Darwinism is obsolete. It is the Theory Of Evolution into which feeds all the relevant branches of science.

    The term Darwinism is usually used by the religious as a pejorative, often wrongly inferring 'men came from apes' is part of TOE.
    In America it is used as a perjorative, but in England they use it interchangeably with evolution because they are proud that Darwin came from there.

    Isn't it odd how some cultures teach people to value truth and others do the exact opposite?
    Not odd at all, social evolutionary processes...

  10. Top | #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553
    Archived
    979
    Total Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    23
    Is it neo Darwinism or Post Post Modern Synthesis?

Similar Threads

  1. 1000+ Apostates from Darwinism!
    By Keith&Co. in forum Religions vs. Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-15-2019, 02:24 AM
  2. A Social Darwinism Question
    By SLD in forum Natural Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2019, 02:35 PM
  3. Aron Ra video: how paleontology disproves Noah's flood
    By Underseer in forum Religions vs. Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 09:15 AM
  4. Aron Ra video on the ten commandments
    By Underseer in forum General Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •