Page 1396 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 396896129613461386139413951396139713981406 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,960 of 14281

Thread: Images that make you laugh

1. Top | #13951
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

2. Top | #13952
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Your stores haven't had a run on pasta? And spaghetti sauce?
    Maybe they have, but I don't do a lot of shopping. Although last night I went to the store and couldn't find any rice.

If the comic is saying, "Humans are cooking lots of pasta to defeat the virus," then lots of other products could have been mentioned. The big ones, the ones that they talk about on the news, is toilet paper, paper towels, and water bottles. Then comes meat like chicken and beef.

I guess if I had to rank all the things that crazy humans have been needlessly hoarding this month, then pasta would be far down on the list. And all the other actions that are stymieing the anthropomorphic virii in the cartoon are actually effective (washing hands, keeping distance, etc.) "Making lots of pasta" wouldn't make a difference to them.

Or else I'm just really missing something about this comic. I don't know who Gloria Gaynor is, but I infer from the second-to-last panel that she filmed a video of herself singing about the importance of washing hands, which her fans started doing, which is hampering the virus' battle plans.

But cooking pasta?

3. Top | #13953
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
    Maybe they have, but I don't do a lot of shopping. Although last night I went to the store and couldn't find any rice.

If the comic is saying, "Humans are cooking lots of pasta to defeat the virus," then lots of other products could have been mentioned. The big ones, the ones that they talk about on the news, is toilet paper, paper towels, and water bottles. Then comes meat like chicken and beef.

I guess if I had to rank all the things that crazy humans have been needlessly hoarding this month, then pasta would be far down on the list. And all the other actions that are stymieing the anthropomorphic virii in the cartoon are actually effective (washing hands, keeping distance, etc.) "Making lots of pasta" wouldn't make a difference to them.

Or else I'm just really missing something about this comic. I don't know who Gloria Gaynor is, but I infer from the second-to-last panel that she filmed a video of herself singing about the importance of washing hands, which her fans started doing, which is hampering the virus' battle plans.

But cooking pasta?
    Humans who have a lot of pasta don't need to go shopping for food.

"They have a lot of pasta" = "They can stay in isolation for a long time"

4. Top | #13954
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post

But cooking pasta?
    The pasta aisle in the places I shop got cleaned out right away. It’s cheap, easy to store, has a long shelf life, and goes with almost everything.

Gloria Gaynor is a performer from the disco era. Her biggest hit was “I Will Survive”, which is kind of appropriate.

5. Top | #13955
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Funny you should ask... on last week's list were spaghetti noodles and macaroni elbows. Got to Safeway and the whole section was wiped out, EXCEPT - they had a brand of actual Italian pasta from actual Italy. Nobody wanted it. Made me laugh out loud.

6. Top | #13956
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Ronnie XXXXX
    · March 19 ·

Being on lock down is boring, so this morning I made this Bloody Mary to take the edge off.

7. Top | #13957
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

8. Top | #13958
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts

9. Top | #13959
    Archived
    Total Posts

10. Top | #13960
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.