Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 284

Thread: Post Your Own Wildlife Photography

  1. Top | #261
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,342
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,094
    Rep Power
    100
    Found this guy walking across the road:



    (While it technically is a road I was hiking on it as I don't have a car suitable to drive down it to the actual trail I was after.)

    Vegas, beware, it's coming!!

  2. Top | #262
    Super Moderator crazyfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    2,778
    Archived
    13,699
    Total Posts
    16,477
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Found this guy walking across the road:



    (While it technically is a road I was hiking on it as I don't have a car suitable to drive down it to the actual trail I was after.)

    Vegas, beware, it's coming!!
    How big is it?

  3. Top | #263
    Super Moderator crazyfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    2,778
    Archived
    13,699
    Total Posts
    16,477
    Rep Power
    78
    The raccoon has been back. I don't know why it likes my front lawn so much. It's a front lawn like any other front lawn. While at the edge of the lawn up by the road there are acorns and chestnuts on the ground it's not spending time there. I don't think I have more bugs/worms in my lawn than any other average lawn. There are no berries where it is. There are lots of berries on the other side of the house. So it's a puzzle. He's not interested in the trash bin.

    But anyway, I got a much better photo last night. He was very very shy of me but didn't run like hell away but did keep trying to get away from me while still very interested in staying on the law. Here it is by a cedar tree. It's well after dark. Between my high intensity flashlight and the flash on the camera this came out pretty well.




  4. Top | #264
    My Brane Hertz spikepipsqueak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,137
    Archived
    8,811
    Total Posts
    12,948
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Well the young skunks are using the entire wood piles to stay during the day. One was out in the cat fence tonight and when I shined a flashlight at it it just went under the wood pile. I have not seen any adults.

    I think tomorrow or the next day i need to try something new. A radio on all night and I need to get some ammonia and a sprayer to spray as much under and on top of the wood pile as possible. The wood is just too much to move and not with skunks under it!

    I'm still keeping the cats in at night and blocking the cat flap.

    I guess I need to go to the hardware store for a new sprayer and ammonia.
    How's your skunk problem?

    We discourage determined wombats with 500g of ground black pepper. Might help.

  5. Top | #265
    Super Moderator crazyfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    2,778
    Archived
    13,699
    Total Posts
    16,477
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by spikepipsqueak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Well the young skunks are using the entire wood piles to stay during the day. One was out in the cat fence tonight and when I shined a flashlight at it it just went under the wood pile. I have not seen any adults.

    I think tomorrow or the next day i need to try something new. A radio on all night and I need to get some ammonia and a sprayer to spray as much under and on top of the wood pile as possible. The wood is just too much to move and not with skunks under it!

    I'm still keeping the cats in at night and blocking the cat flap.

    I guess I need to go to the hardware store for a new sprayer and ammonia.
    How's your skunk problem?

    We discourage determined wombats with 500g of ground black pepper. Might help.
    Ah yes. When we went to Maine in August i set a radio out there on top of the wood pile and put it just not tuned right to a punk rock station. It sounded terrible. I set up a floodlight and dumped 5 half gallon bottles of ammonia through the wood pike onto the dirt. They appear to have moved out.

  6. Top | #266
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,342
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,094
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Found this guy walking across the road:



    (While it technically is a road I was hiking on it as I don't have a car suitable to drive down it to the actual trail I was after.)

    Vegas, beware, it's coming!!
    How big is it?
    I'd say the body was about 1" across.

  7. Top | #267
    Fair dinkum thinkum bilby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Posts
    24,675
    Archived
    10,477
    Total Posts
    35,152
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Found this guy walking across the road:



    (While it technically is a road I was hiking on it as I don't have a car suitable to drive down it to the actual trail I was after.)

    Vegas, beware, it's coming!!
    How big is it?
    I'd say the body was about 1" across.
    You haven't seen a mad scientist with a striking resemblance to Leo G Carroll hanging around out there, have you?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula!

  8. Top | #268
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,342
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,094
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

    I'd say the body was about 1" across.
    You haven't seen a mad scientist with a striking resemblance to Leo G Carroll hanging around out there, have you?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula!
    I didn't see much of anyone out there. Given all the idiots we have around here I have deliberately been hiking trails that don't see much use to minimize the amount of time I need to hike with a mask on.

    It was heading straight for the city when I saw it.

  9. Top | #269
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,342
    Archived
    96,752
    Total Posts
    129,094
    Rep Power
    100
    Found a flock of Vice Presidents in the front yard:



    Unfortunately, they promptly departed and this was the best shot I was able to get--if I had gone in for a real camera I would have gotten nothing at all. This is maybe 1/3 of the whole group.

  10. Top | #270
    Isn't it Cute???

    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

  1. General Photography Thread
    By Jimmy Higgins in forum Hobbies And Crafts
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 07-06-2021, 08:30 PM
  2. UFO Contactee Billy Meier's Creative Photography
    By lpetrich in forum Pseudoscience
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2018, 08:33 PM
  3. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 11:59 PM
  4. Upskirt Photography, (or a voyeur and his art)
    By AthenaAwakened in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 12:58 PM
  5. Muslims and dislike of photography.
    By Sarpedon in forum General Religion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •