Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Foodie Thread

1. Top | #951
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    I'm excited that I have all the ingredients for this and don't have to go to the store for anything.

Blueberry Lemon Puffed Omelet
    Looks delish.
    It was!
    I have downloaded the recipe and will make it for an upcoming brunch.

2. Top | #952
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharmas View Post
    It was!
    I have downloaded the recipe and will make it for an upcoming brunch.
    Super easy and so tasty. But also very insubstantial. It's four eggs in that whole pan, just super floofed and puffy. A regular pie slice of it would be less than a half an egg. So consider that pan two servings, really, unless you have other substantial dishes being served.

Of course, I ate the whole pan that I made. I did it in three servings. But, again, so very tasty. I was surprised at how good it was.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

3. Top | #953
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This week's Comfort Stew: onions, carrots, beef broth, tomatoes, white beans, red beans, black beans, chickpeas, corn, peas, and kale, seasoned with McCormick Beef Stew seasoning and a packet of brown gravy mix.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

4. Top | #954
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This is something I do rarely because I find it so good I wouldn't want the experience diluted.

As you can see it's basically take a plate and

Slice some cheese on it add other ingredients by choice.

Break a egg or two on it

Bake in the oven

Until egg is set and cheese melts

Ans you will have cheese and egg in the oven.

Enjoy with crusty bread.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Top | #955
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedbear View Post
    I've taken a leave from cooking for awhile since nothing is working out like it used to. I can't seem to get recipes consistently right. Last winter I had this project to make bread in my dutch oven using dark beers. I was experimenting with different styles of porter and came across this Polish Baltic porter that was simply undrinkable because of the excessive maltyness. But it made a great bread and people liked it at the dinner party I took it to. But I couldn't repeat it again. Then I started making my chili recipe this spring after refining it repeatedly last summer. It was inedible and I ended up throwing out the entire pot. Then the cannellini bean soup I've been playing with for a month or so also had to be tossed in the compost. I tried some bay leaves that I got on recommendation from Penzies spices because I couldn't find them with any flavor elsewhere. So I put in 3 or 4 which was way too much. Now I can't even stand the smell of bay leaves. So it's down to meat loaf and spaghetti sauce and buying precooked meals at the grocery store for awhile.
    Bilby has been doing most of the cooking around here due to him being home, and me, quite frankly, too exhausted to cook.

However, I am on leave (sort of) for two weeks, so I plan on cooking bulk for the freezer and for the dogs, so that it’s easier for Bilby to simply heat, add pasta or rice, and serve!

Bring in my chorizo cacciatore, chicken cacciatore, beef stew, chicken curry, meat loaf etc!

6. Top | #956
    ... Bring in my chorizo cacciatore, chicken cacciatore, beef stew, chicken curry, meat loaf etc!
    I've been eating more beef steak than before, partly due to PyramidHead's thread on going full-on carnivore with good results. It does seem to agree with my system. But I need to keep to lean cuts like London broil (which happens to be the cheapest as well, and has been on sale, so I freeze half-pound portions). I used to always over-cook them for some reason, but found a foolproof method called reverse-sear. 1" thick steak coated with olive oil + salt and pepper and into the mini-oven at 275F for 30 minutes w/o convection. Let rest for 10 minutes and then sear for 1 min on all sides in a very hot skillet. Rare/med-rare and very evenly done all the way through every time.
    Last edited by Treedbear; 06-27-2019 at 04:06 PM.

7. Top | #957
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedbear View Post
    ... Bring in my chorizo cacciatore, chicken cacciatore, beef stew, chicken curry, meat loaf etc!
    I've been eating more beef steak than before, partly due to PyramidHead's thread on going full-on carnivore with good results. It does seem to agree with my system. But I need to keep to lean cuts like London broil (which happens to be the cheapest as well, and has been on sale, so I freeze half-pound portions). I used to always over-cook them for some reason, but found a foolproof method called reverse-sear. 1" thick steak coated with olive oil + salt and pepper and into the mini-oven at 275F for 30 minutes w/o convection. Let rest for 10 minutes and then sear for 1 min on all sides in a very hot skillet. Rare/med-rare and very evenly done all the way through every time.
    Sounds good!

8. Top | #958
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I cooked two things today.

Beef dog food
    Boil 500g of pasta (cheap stuff is fine) and in a seperate pan cook 1kg ground beef and 1kg cheap frozen mixed veg with 2 cups of beef stock until meat is cooked and semi soup like.

Combine the two and separate into portions. We use 500g for a German Shepherd and two Tibbies, and it gets added To dry kibble.

Chorizo pasta sauce
    Take 6 chorizo sausages, 5 ham steaks, 2 tinned chopped tomatoes, 3 cans of whole champignons, 1/2 tomato can of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 can good robust red wine. Cook in slow cooker on low for about 4 hours. Serve with pasta or rice. It has made dinner for tonight and 4 for the freezer. We just cook the pasta or rice as needed.

9. Top | #959
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Trying to decide what I want to make with these ingredients: eggs, cream cheese, cherries, blueberries, lemons, and honey, using as little white flour as possible.
    Last edited by Angry Floof; 07-04-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    The Authoritarians

10. Top | #960
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Trying to decide what I want to make with these ingredients: eggs, cream cheese, cherries, blueberries, lemons, and honey, using as little white flour as possible.
    A cheesecake.