Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Thread: Foodie Thread

1. Top | #961
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Trying to decide what I want to make with these ingredients: eggs, cream cheese, cherries, blueberries, lemons, and honey, using as little white flour as possible.
    A cheesecake.
    I made a cheesecake souffle. I used that same lemon puffed omelet recipe (which is a souffle, let's face it) that I made earlier this week and added cream cheese and flour to the egg yolk mixture before folding in the whites.

It's not as pretty. The difference in texture allowed the blueberries to sink, but same, even better, taste, and a more substantial dish.

I want to get my ramekins out of storage and make some proper little souffles from this recipe.

NOM!

Attached Images Attached Images
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

2. Top | #962
    Archived
    Total Posts

Today’s effort to fill the freezer.

Aussie curry? (Green and gold)

Or Trump’s chicken (it could come out orange)

3. Top | #963
    I mostly prefer Indian food every time. last time take the most delicious Indian food with my friends.

4. Top | #964
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharmas View Post
    Baked French Toast Casserole

This is actually a very simply dish, as are most of the things I make, and there’s not a lot of cleanup.

Ingredients

One pound (.45 kg) breakfast sausage. I actually use sausage crumbles, which seem to work OK (also easier!).
    One fairly large loaf Italian bread
    I cup (240 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    8 eggs (we get our eggs from our cleaning lady, who keeps chickens, and some of them run a little smaller, so I throw in an extra one)
    1 cup (240 ml) milk

Instructions

1. Brown sausage in skillet.
    2. Slice bread into 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick slices and cut off crusts.
    3. Grease high sided 9x13 baking dish (approx. 23x33 cm) and arrange bread slices so they completely cover the bottom of the dish.
    4. Drain sausage and spread evenly over bread. Sprinkle cheeses evenly over bread and sausage.
    5. In separate bowl, beat eggs and milk. Pour evenly over all ingredients in baking dish.
    6. Cover and let sit in fridge overnight.
    7. When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees (176 C).
    8. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until knife poked in center comes out clean. Let stand a few minutes before serving.

I serve it with some kind of sweet syrup, maple or other.
    I typically hate French Toast Casseroles because they have way too much moisture and I find the texture disturbing. My solution is to cube the bread (I usually bake white bread for this and one plus a little loaves will do the job), don't let it sit overnight! Make certain the baking dish is about half way filled with the egg mixture. Also, don't forget cinnamon sugar on the top! Helps provide a bunch of textures from crunchy tops to soft bottom instead of having way too much sog. The recipe above at least has the benefit of not being sweet. Often these recipes call for way too much sweetness... which ruins an already soggy toast.

5. Top | #965
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Breakfast feast: Potato bread toast with butter, lightly scrambled eggs, and avocado. Coffee and a mug of coconut milk. Food of the Goddesses.

The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

6. Top | #966
    Veteran Member
    Wood fired venison salami and sharp cheddar sammies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22515[/ATTACH]

Foraged mushrooms and humbolt fog cheese. (not sure what the pink labia looking shrooms are. Bought them at a small market in the Catskills).