Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1039

Thread: Foodie Thread

1. Top | #1021
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Our dinner tonight will consist of a tin or whole baby potatoes, a tin of champignon pieces and stems, about 500g of diced ‘bacon bits’, mixed together, covered with grated tasty cheese and cooked in the oven alongside some sausages. I have found baking the sausages keeps them moist on the inside but with a crispy skin outside!

2. Top | #1022
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    This week's Big Stew:

onions, carrots, peas, corn, tomatoes, chickpeas, Great Northern beans, black beans, red beans, brown rice, chicken broth (only because they didn't have no-salt beef broth. ), beef stew seasonings, basil, Mrs. Dash. With cheez-its and parmesan cheese on top.
    Did Mrs Dash complain when you put her in the stew?
    Yes, but not for long.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

3. Top | #1023
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

4. Top | #1024
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This morning I made a baked Denver "omelet" for Sunday brunch. It consisted of enough eggs for four omelets (8) plus finely chopped ham, green pepper and onion, and shredded cheddar cheese, all mixed together with some half-and-half cream, poured into a 9 X 9 inch baking dish, which translates to 24 X 24 cm, and baked at 410 degrees (215 C) for 25 minutes or a little more.

It worked out well.

I also tried popovers. I had a recipe for popovers in a muffin tin and this is the second time I’ve tried it. I used a disposable muffin tin made of aluminum foil I guess, or aluminium if you prefer, and the results are not satisfactory. The popovers don’t rise enough and are quite dense, although they tasted OK. I’ll have to go ahead and buy custard cups and use a more traditional recipe, or at least buy a real muffin tin.

5. Top | #1025
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts

If you overcook your rice

When you make it too long and it's stuck to the bottom of the pan, not burned, just cooked too long, leave it set with the lid on, heat off and it will rehydrate at the bottom. Works like a charm.

And of course this only pertains to the unwashed masses who still make their rice the old fashioned way.

6. Top | #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post
    When you make it too long and it's stuck to the bottom of the pan, not burned, just cooked too long, leave it set with the lid on, heat off and it will rehydrate at the bottom. Works like a charm.

And of course this only pertains to the unwashed masses who still make their rice the old fashioned way.
    Actually that's what I've learned to do with my $20 rice cooker. 30 oz water to 14 oz rice and an hour later when it beeps and goes into the keep warm mode I leave it plugged in another 15 minutes or so. That greatly minimizes the sticking and burning on the bottom. I see that's a common complaint on all but the more expensive automatic rice cookers.

7. Top | #1027
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Has anyone here ever made tuna salad except with salmon instead? I love tuna salad and crab salad, so it's probably delicious. I don't know. The interwebs don't have much in the way of recipes because "salmon salad" comes up as a garden salad with grilled salmon on top, or pasta salads. I'm going to try it the same way I make tuna salad and see what happens.

Edit: Never mind. I found some recipes. I just searched on 'tuna salad salmon' and found some recipes.

So I just made some salmon salad with mayo, dijon mustard, onion, celery, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and paprika, and holy flipping cthulhu, this is good stuff. I don't know why I was so wary about it.
    Last edited by Angry Floof; 03-12-2020 at 03:21 AM.
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

8. Top | #1028
    Archived
    Total Posts

From Pancake Day - Pancake With Gravy

9. Top | #1029
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Cream of chicken and mushroom soup. Butter, olive oil, flour, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, chicken broth, chick peas, coconut milk. Once the rice bags come out, I'll throw in some fresh spinach, let it simma dah nah, and done.

The Authoritarians

10. Top | #1030
    Archived
    Total Posts