Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1079

Thread: Foodie Thread

  1. Top | #861
    Elder Contributor Underseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    11,413
    Archived
    39,172
    Total Posts
    50,585
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Currently roasting some beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, and cabbage. I'm going to eat it in wraps with ranch dressing. I'd like to grill them but I don't have a grill. I think this is my new favorite thing. I'm sure I'll be eating it for months before I get tired of it.
    That's wild. I would never think to combine those ingredients. What did you season it with while roasting? Just salt & pepper?

    I wonder how Blue Top brand creamy "hot" sauce would taste with that.

    I was curious about these hot sauces because their light color stands out in the hot sauce section. It's a white sauce with a blue label instead of a red or green sauce with a red, yellow, or black label. Also, I think it was used on one season of Hot Ones. So I finally broke down and got "Garlic Hatch" recently.

    https://bluetopbrand.com/products/garlic-hatch



    I'm surprised at how mild it is. I have mustards that are spicier than this stuff.

    So I'm thinking that instead of using it like a hot sauce, maybe I should use it like you just used that ranch dressing.

  2. Top | #862
    Mrs Frizzle gmbteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    At home, when I am not at work.
    Posts
    10,223
    Archived
    1,499
    Total Posts
    11,722
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Currently roasting some beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, and cabbage. I'm going to eat it in wraps with ranch dressing. I'd like to grill them but I don't have a grill. I think this is my new favorite thing. I'm sure I'll be eating it for months before I get tired of it.
    Bilby and I just picked up a toaster oven that sits on the Ben top for $40AUD brand new from KMart. It works great as a grill or as an oven. Maybe you could find something similar. I love it as I can cook my vegetables on low and my pork Belly strip on high and get the crackling good!
    Good idea. I may have one of those in storage if I didn't give it away last time I moved. Those are great for roasting or broiling in the summer when the regular oven can heat up the house too much.
    Definitely!

  3. Top | #863
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancre
    Posts
    9,879
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    24,314
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    Good idea. I may have one of those in storage if I didn't give it away last time I moved. Those are great for roasting or broiling in the summer when the regular oven can heat up the house too much.
    Definitely!
    Like the way I heated up this house in 90F (32C) weather. Hot and humid here today.
    The Authoritarians

    GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

  4. Top | #864
    Mrs Frizzle gmbteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    At home, when I am not at work.
    Posts
    10,223
    Archived
    1,499
    Total Posts
    11,722
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    Good idea. I may have one of those in storage if I didn't give it away last time I moved. Those are great for roasting or broiling in the summer when the regular oven can heat up the house too much.
    Definitely!
    Like the way I heated up this house in 90F (32C) weather. Hot and humid here today.
    And we are chilled here. It’s going to drop to 4C tonight.

  5. Top | #865
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancre
    Posts
    9,879
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    24,314
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    Like the way I heated up this house in 90F (32C) weather. Hot and humid here today.
    And we are chilled here. It’s going to drop to 4C tonight.
    That's great sleeping weather. I haven't slept all night and I think it's due to the heat.
    The Authoritarians

    GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

  6. Top | #866
    Mrs Frizzle gmbteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    At home, when I am not at work.
    Posts
    10,223
    Archived
    1,499
    Total Posts
    11,722
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    Like the way I heated up this house in 90F (32C) weather. Hot and humid here today.
    And we are chilled here. It’s going to drop to 4C tonight.
    That's great sleeping weather. I haven't slept all night and I think it's due to the heat.
    It is. I am not looking forward to getting up at 6 am tomorrow with it being 4C though.

  7. Top | #867
    Elder Contributor Underseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    11,413
    Archived
    39,172
    Total Posts
    50,585
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    Like the way I heated up this house in 90F (32C) weather. Hot and humid here today.
    And we are chilled here. It’s going to drop to 4C tonight.
    I'll take cold over the heat any day.

    If I'm too cold, I can always put on more clothes, but if I'm too hot, there's only so much clothes I can take off before they arrest me.

  8. Top | #868
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancre
    Posts
    9,879
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    24,314
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    That's great sleeping weather. I haven't slept all night and I think it's due to the heat.
    It is. I am not looking forward to getting up at 6 am tomorrow with it being 4C though.
    Yeah, cold is for sleeping, NOT for getting up out of a warm bed! Better have some hot tea ready.
    The Authoritarians

    GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

  9. Top | #869
    Mrs Frizzle gmbteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    At home, when I am not at work.
    Posts
    10,223
    Archived
    1,499
    Total Posts
    11,722
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    That's great sleeping weather. I haven't slept all night and I think it's due to the heat.
    It is. I am not looking forward to getting up at 6 am tomorrow with it being 4C though.
    Yeah, cold is for sleeping, NOT for getting up out of a warm bed! Better have some hot tea ready.
    It’s actually 1.6C and yes, I have hot coffee ready. Bilby’s tea is mashing and I shall deliver that to him in bed shortly.

  10. Top | #870
    Fair dinkum thinkum bilby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Posts
    22,616
    Archived
    10,477
    Total Posts
    33,093
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post

    Yeah, cold is for sleeping, NOT for getting up out of a warm bed! Better have some hot tea ready.
    It’s actually 1.6C and yes, I have hot coffee ready. Bilby’s tea is mashing and I shall deliver that to him in bed shortly.
    I would get up but Tiger won't let me.


Similar Threads

  1. The Tea Thread
    By rousseau in forum Foods and Recipes
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 05-18-2020, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •