Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Florida Schools Ordered By Law To Display ‘In God We Trust’ Signs

1. Top | #81
    Veteran Member braces_for_impact's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I anxiously await all school shootings within the state of Florida to cease.
    I take all knowledge to be my province.
    -Sir Francis Bacon

2. Top | #82
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    As of May, Florida teachers can be licensed to keep a firearm in their classroom. So...In God We Trust, as long as teacher is packin' and Mom bought me a bullet-proof backpack?
    This is great but maybe not enough teachers will be armed or maybe there will be a bad teacher with a gun and, so, the students should be armed, too. But if you arm all the students, then some bad ones will be shooting people and get shot down...more violence. So, that doesn't make sense... Well, since more guns is always the solution, what we need is to add armed robots to the schools too. So, arming the teachers, arming the students, and adding armed robots to the schools will finally provide a safe learning environments for our kids.

3. Top | #83
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    As of May, Florida teachers can be licensed to keep a firearm in their classroom. So...In God We Trust, as long as teacher is packin' and Mom bought me a bullet-proof backpack?
    This is great but maybe not enough teachers will be armed or maybe there will be a bad teacher with a gun and, so, the students should be armed, too. But if you arm all the students, then some bad ones will be shooting people and get shot down...more violence. So, that doesn't make sense... Well, since more guns is always the solution, what we need is to add armed robots to the schools too. So, arming the teachers, arming the students, and adding armed robots to the schools will finally provide a safe learning environments for our kids.
    My wife's side of the family is full of teachers... oodles of them.. working across 3 or 4 states.
    Every single one of them has reported to me that no one in or around their profession is even talking about this outside of making jokes.
    Best response I got.... "I have to pay for my own chalk, I'm not paying for bullets too"... their point being that schools are so financially poor the idea of buying guns for teachers (or asking them to buy them) is ludicrous.
    another response (from my Mother in law this time)... "I rather be shot than endure the recurring nightmare of accidentally shooting someone, or purposefully shooting even the craziest of kids", which she said would happen to her if she had to carry a gun.

I carry a gun, and strongly agree there is no place for them in schools... not even under lock and key.

4. Top | #84
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Columbine High School had an armed guard on duty when the two killers arrived. He failed to stop them (and he had nothing like their fire power.) The answer, clearly then, is more guns, because the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to bring in a good guy with a gun. And the more good guys there are...do the math, hoss. So, yes, arm the teachers and the lunch ladies. (They'll stiff-arm you from getting extra potato rounds, and they'll damn sure mess up any school shooter who's gonna disrupt their lunch line.) And arm the good students. This should involve turning in all homework, no demerits, no tardies, and no excessive restroom requests. Enough crossfire will stop any shooter, BTW. School needs to start with the good students and the lunch ladies on the firing range, while the teachers watch the bad ones. Then prayer. Then start work on the state learning objectives while the good students take turns as lookouts.
    Remember: crossfire is your friend.