Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Schools Ordered By Law To Display ‘In God We Trust’ Signs

1. Top | #11
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    In God We Trust means that we can be sure that things will work out for the best if we do our best to help ourselves. What better message could you give a kid in school that working hard will reap its rewards.
    Liberals are really bad at slogans. City folk just don't get it, for sure.

Reps: Make America Great

Dems: Give up everything that bothers anyone
    That's a fantasy world. In the real world doing our best to help ourselves doesn't always work.

2. Top | #12
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This whole "in god we trust" idea is utter bullshit. Christians don't really trust their god. If they did, why are so many of them in the US walking around carrying guns. Why do they go to the doctor if they feel sick. Why do they hide in foxholes like nonbelievers. Why do they buy insurance. Why do they "eat healthy". Why do they "save for a rainy day"....

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

3. Top | #13
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkorswim View Post
    This whole "in god we trust" idea is utter bullshit. Christians don't really trust their god. If they did, why are so many of them in the US walking around carrying guns. Why do they go to the doctor if they feel sick. Why do they hide in foxholes like nonbelievers. Why do they buy insurance. Why do they "eat healthy". Why do they "save for a rainy day"....

Because they know they are unworthy.

4. Top | #14
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

Their outward behavior demonstrates quite convincingly that they DO NOT trust in their god. So I don't think they are unworthy, but rather unaware.

5. Top | #15
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post

Their outward behavior demonstrates quite convincingly that they DO NOT trust in their god. So I don't think they are unworthy, but rather unaware.
    God protects his worshipers. They know they aren't being proper worshipers and thus aren't protected.

6. Top | #16
    Veteran Member
    In God We Trust means that we can be sure that things will work out for the best if we do our best to help ourselves. What better message could you give a kid in school that working hard will reap its rewards.

That's a fantasy world. In the real world doing our best to help ourselves doesn't always work.
    Help me understand what "always work" means here, please. My umbrella does not always work. Sometimes, the rain blows sideways.... and sometimes, bad things happen to good people. Does that mean that the message, "be good to others" is in "a fantasy world"?

Such a perfect liberal response... "I heard a story about this girl that once got wet.... therefore water should be illegal for anyone to carry without a commercial license that costs X to purchase from the government, in quantities greater than 1 liter."

Your "this product contains shit that is known to cause cancer by the sate of California.." offends me. Therefore that sign should be removed from everything everywhere.

7. Top | #17
    Veteran Member

Help me understand what "always work" means here, please. My umbrella does not always work. Sometimes, the rain blows sideways.... and sometimes, bad things happen to good people. Does that mean that the message, "be good to others" is in "a fantasy world"?

Such a perfect liberal response... "I heard a story about this girl that once got wet.... therefore water should be illegal for anyone to carry without a commercial license that costs X to purchase from the government, in quantities greater than 1 liter."

Your "this product contains shit that is known to cause cancer by the sate of California.." offends me. Therefore that sign should be removed from everything everywhere.
    You mean, such a perfect right wing mischaracterization of a liberal response.

Yer welcome.

8. Top | #18
    Veteran Member

you don't seem to understand Christians, then. The bible teaches to help yourself. God will decide if your efforts are worthy.

what you said is no different than saying that atheists are just "mad at god". It's just a willful act of blind disbelief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post

You mean, such a perfect right wing mischaracterization of a liberal response.

Yer welcome.
    That does not help me with understanding Loren's comment. But thank you anyway.

9. Top | #19
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts

Read what you wrote: "we can be sure that things will work out for the best if we do our best to help ourselves". Now you're saying sometimes the rain blows sideways--in other words, doing our best sometimes isn't enough.

You can't have it both ways.

10. Top | #20
    Veteran Member

Read what you wrote: "we can be sure that things will work out for the best if we do our best to help ourselves". Now you're saying sometimes the rain blows sideways--in other words, doing our best sometimes isn't enough.

You can't have it both ways.
    Silly Rabbit, "always" is for kids.
    I'm sure you have heard the expression, "sometimes the answer is no". That refers to prayers, usually, but the spirit is that YOUR imagination of what is "working out for the best" isn't the universal end-all to paradise and eternal happiness.

Another liberal brain fart... "MY imagination on how YOU live is the RIGHT one".

Cit folk still don't get it.