Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: Florida Schools Ordered By Law To Display ‘In God We Trust’ Signs

  1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Layton, UT
    Posts
    1,308
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Another liberal brain fart... "MY imagination on how YOU live is the RIGHT one".

    Cit folk still don't get it.
    This is particularly funny in this thread. Who is it again that's trying to make everyone observe their beliefs?

    So called conservatives really have cornered the market on projection.

  2. Top | #22
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Another liberal brain fart... "MY imagination on how YOU live is the RIGHT one".

    Cit folk still don't get it.
    This is particularly funny in this thread. Who is it again that's trying to make everyone observe their beliefs?

    So called conservatives really have cornered the market on projection.
    Everyone wants everyone else to subscribe to their newsletter. RepubliCANs have more subscriptions then the DemoCANT'S. If the Dems stopped for a second and really thought about why that is, they might have a chance at winning the GAME.

  3. Top | #23
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    6
    I have seen many Conservatives show up on Liberal talk shows. Bannon on Bill Mayer most recently I saw. Who on your team bothered to show up on Fox or elsewhere? Keep preaching to your itty bity choir... OR, try to project some taling points out beyond your echo chamber.

  4. Top | #24
    Contributor blastula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The greatesst state
    Posts
    5,085
    Archived
    6,070
    Total Posts
    11,155
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Everyone wants everyone else to subscribe to their newsletter. RepubliCANs have more subscriptions then the DemoCANT'S. If the Dems stopped for a second and really thought about why that is, they might have a chance at winning the GAME.
    No, they don't have more, it's that the electoral laws give them more representation in government than they have in population.

  5. Top | #25
    Member ***
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    16,843
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    41,343
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Everyone wants everyone else to subscribe to their newsletter. RepubliCANs have more subscriptions then the DemoCANT'S. If the Dems stopped for a second and really thought about why that is, they might have a chance at winning the GAME.
    No, they don't have more, it's that the electoral laws give them more representation in government than they have in population.
    Like the Mormons in Utah. They're a minority, but they put a lot of effort into keeping control of the controls.

  6. Top | #26
    Alive in the Superunknown Thumpalumpacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Outside Austin, TX
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    In God We Trust means that we can be sure that things will work out for the best if we do our best to help ourselves.
    If I gotta do the work, what's God there for? To suck up the credit? That's like me saying I'm a great guitarist because Eddie Van Halen shreds ... never mind my thousands of hours of practice.

    I can think of two church shootings off the top of my head which saw a combined total of over thirty killed. I'm sure they trusted their god as well, but they're just as dead as anyone. I'd be willing to bet that many of those deceased were praying their asses off.

    Trust and three bucks will get you a cuppa joe at Starbucks. Do what you need to do and stop thanking God for your touchdown. It's not like he's a good right tackle.
    Ramblin' on my mind.

  7. Top | #27
    Alive in the Superunknown Thumpalumpacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Outside Austin, TX
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post

    Their outward behavior demonstrates quite convincingly that they DO NOT trust in their god. So I don't think they are unworthy, but rather unaware.
    God protects his worshipers. They know they aren't being proper worshipers and thus aren't protected.
    I'll take "What is No True Scotsman" for a true Daily Double, Alex.
    Ramblin' on my mind.

  8. Top | #28
    Alive in the Superunknown Thumpalumpacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Outside Austin, TX
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Silly Rabbit, "always" is for kids.
    I'm sure you have heard the expression, "sometimes the answer is no". That refers to prayers, usually, but the spirit is that YOUR imagination of what is "working out for the best" isn't the universal end-all to paradise and eternal happiness.

    Another liberal brain fart... "MY imagination on how YOU live is the RIGHT one".

    Cit folk still don't get it.
    "God works in mysterious ways" claptrap. Film at eleven.
    Ramblin' on my mind.

  9. Top | #29
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Everyone wants everyone else to subscribe to their newsletter. RepubliCANs have more subscriptions then the DemoCANT'S. If the Dems stopped for a second and really thought about why that is, they might have a chance at winning the GAME.
    No, they don't have more, it's that the electoral laws give them more representation in government than they have in population.
    Still holding out for a technical win? Like, if this were baseball then the quarterback would be in the penalty box, kind of thing?

    Learn the rules of PolitikBall before you continue to play... or get steamrolled (again).

  10. Top | #30
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Silly Rabbit, "always" is for kids.
    I'm sure you have heard the expression, "sometimes the answer is no". That refers to prayers, usually, but the spirit is that YOUR imagination of what is "working out for the best" isn't the universal end-all to paradise and eternal happiness.

    Another liberal brain fart... "MY imagination on how YOU live is the RIGHT one".

    Cit folk still don't get it.
    "God works in mysterious ways" claptrap. Film at eleven.
    I understand why people get tired of that expression. I didn't use it, you did. It can be a cop out, for sure. It also can be the only answer to a question that has no other. Like, why did my brother's plane crash on his flight and not on the next flight? Ask the broken fan blade?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2018, 04:17 PM
  2. Trump ordered Eric to bury Stormy
    By Sarpedon in forum US Presidential Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2018, 10:40 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2018, 05:29 PM
  4. Florida governor signs a gun bill
    By RavenSky in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-13-2018, 06:07 PM
  5. Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine
    By NobleSavage in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •