Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Schools Ordered By Law To Display ‘In God We Trust’ Signs

1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Another liberal brain fart... "MY imagination on how YOU live is the RIGHT one".

Cit folk still don't get it.
    This is particularly funny in this thread. Who is it again that's trying to make everyone observe their beliefs?

So called conservatives really have cornered the market on projection.

2. Top | #22
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Another liberal brain fart... "MY imagination on how YOU live is the RIGHT one".

This is particularly funny in this thread. Who is it again that's trying to make everyone observe their beliefs?

So called conservatives really have cornered the market on projection.
    Everyone wants everyone else to subscribe to their newsletter. RepubliCANs have more subscriptions then the DemoCANT'S. If the Dems stopped for a second and really thought about why that is, they might have a chance at winning the GAME.

3. Top | #23
    Veteran Member
    I have seen many Conservatives show up on Liberal talk shows. Bannon on Bill Mayer most recently I saw. Who on your team bothered to show up on Fox or elsewhere? Keep preaching to your itty bity choir... OR, try to project some taling points out beyond your echo chamber.

4. Top | #24
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Everyone wants everyone else to subscribe to their newsletter. RepubliCANs have more subscriptions then the DemoCANT'S. If the Dems stopped for a second and really thought about why that is, they might have a chance at winning the GAME.
    No, they don't have more, it's that the electoral laws give them more representation in government than they have in population.

5. Top | #25
    Member ***
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    No, they don't have more, it's that the electoral laws give them more representation in government than they have in population.
    Like the Mormons in Utah. They're a minority, but they put a lot of effort into keeping control of the controls.

6. Top | #26
    Alive in the Superunknown Thumpalumpacus's Avatar
    In God We Trust means that we can be sure that things will work out for the best if we do our best to help ourselves.
    If I gotta do the work, what's God there for? To suck up the credit? That's like me saying I'm a great guitarist because Eddie Van Halen shreds ... never mind my thousands of hours of practice.

I can think of two church shootings off the top of my head which saw a combined total of over thirty killed. I'm sure they trusted their god as well, but they're just as dead as anyone. I'd be willing to bet that many of those deceased were praying their asses off.

Trust and three bucks will get you a cuppa joe at Starbucks. Do what you need to do and stop thanking God for your touchdown. It's not like he's a good right tackle.
    Ramblin' on my mind.

7. Top | #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.G. Moogly View Post

Their outward behavior demonstrates quite convincingly that they DO NOT trust in their god. So I don't think they are unworthy, but rather unaware.
    God protects his worshipers. They know they aren't being proper worshipers and thus aren't protected.
    I'll take "What is No True Scotsman" for a true Daily Double, Alex.
    Ramblin' on my mind.

8. Top | #28
    Silly Rabbit, "always" is for kids.
    I'm sure you have heard the expression, "sometimes the answer is no". That refers to prayers, usually, but the spirit is that YOUR imagination of what is "working out for the best" isn't the universal end-all to paradise and eternal happiness.

"God works in mysterious ways" claptrap. Film at eleven.
    Ramblin' on my mind.

9. Top | #29
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Still holding out for a technical win? Like, if this were baseball then the quarterback would be in the penalty box, kind of thing?

Learn the rules of PolitikBall before you continue to play... or get steamrolled (again).

10. Top | #30
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
    Silly Rabbit, "always" is for kids.
    I'm sure you have heard the expression, "sometimes the answer is no". That refers to prayers, usually, but the spirit is that YOUR imagination of what is "working out for the best" isn't the universal end-all to paradise and eternal happiness.

"God works in mysterious ways" claptrap. Film at eleven.
    I understand why people get tired of that expression. I didn't use it, you did. It can be a cop out, for sure. It also can be the only answer to a question that has no other. Like, why did my brother's plane crash on his flight and not on the next flight? Ask the broken fan blade?