Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baphomet statue appears at Arkansas state capitol

1. Top | #11
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    You would be on the side of the "Union" Christians with their statues at least, I guess.

Errrrmmmmm..no. I was merely pointing out the usual hypocrisy of xtians.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett

2. Top | #12
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Ah thats ok ... but you would at least say one side could be right maybe?

I mean ... two sides fought each other "to the death". So each side are then seperate entities (individuals) that are NOT fighting with TWO causes! You might as well say, as it seems, that " human-beings as a group " are like hypocrites as they're both Religious and Atheist".

3. Top | #13
    Archived
    Total Posts

I mean ... two sides fought each other "to the death". So each side are then seperate entities (individuals) that are NOT fighting with TWO causes! You might as well say human-beings as a group with that logic are hypocrites because they're both Religious and atheist.
    Which side? The xtian loons vs the satanist loons, or the confederates vs the winners?

To try to elucidate...

I want to draw attention to the hypocrisy of xtians decrying statues of enemies of their mythical sky-fairy while NOT decrying statues of enemies of the US, or decrying the removal of said statues.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett

4. Top | #14
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phands View Post

Which side? The xtian loons vs the satanist loons, or the confederates vs the winners?

To try to elucidate...

I want to draw attention to the hypocrisy of xtians decrying statues of enemies of their mythical sky-fairy while NOT decrying statues of enemies of the US, or decrying the removal of said statues.
    Those "particular people". As I said, I don't agree with some aspects pointed out about those statues and could agree with you to some extent, even though you're an atheist-loon. (using your discriptive manner)

5. Top | #15
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phands
    The xtian loons vs the satanist loons
    Small nit to pick- in this particular case, the satanists are "satanists" and not loons at all. From underseer's link in the OP-
    Despite the Baphomet statue, members of the Satanic Temple, which is headquartered in Salem, Massachusetts, don’t worship any deity. They consider themselves “compassionate” humanists who believe in science. The Satanic Temple’s mission is to “encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority [and] advocate practical common sense and justice,” according to its website.

Satanic Temple members have been involved in others protests for religious freedom. Because evangelical Christians won a Supreme Court decision allowing them to teach classes on public school grounds, the Satanic Temple launched its own (forked) tongue-in-cheek “After School Satan Club” featuring “rationality” and “fun.”
    No doubt there are Satanists who qualify as loons at the Olympic level, but these guys don't.

6. Top | #16
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I disagree withe the micronit! Believing in satan is just as daft as believing in god/jebus, because they are facets of the same xtian nonsense. And if they don't worship any deity, they are atheists, not satanists, or they are deliberately setting out to provoke the already self-serving xtians who whine about being persecuted.

7. Top | #17
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Follow-up...

This holiday season, the Illinois State Capitol is celebrating both Santa and Satan.

A statue designed and funded by the Satanic Temple of Chicago is on display in the statehouse in Springfield along with a Christmas tree, Nativity scene, and a menorah.

The resin sculpture, which the Satanic Temple has dubbed a "Snaketivity," depicts a hand holding an apple, with a snake wrapped around it. The arm and hand are 18 inches tall, said Dave Druker, the press secretary for the Illinois Secretary of State's office, which maintains the capitol building.

The figure rests on a 4-foot tall base that reads "Knowledge is the greatest gift."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ations-n944706

8. Top | #18
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    How long until we see "Dyslexic's head explodes at the Illinois State Capitol"?

9. Top | #19
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    How long until we see "Dyslexic's head explodes at the Illinois State Capitol"?
    I think they've probably already had issues with Santa/Satan, and moreover I think the fundamentalists' heads will explode way before that. You know I once attended a fundamentalist baptist church and the pastor was making a point that Satan and Santa had the same letters. Even though they weren't Jehovah's Witnesses, he wanted to make a point about the meaning of Christmas and how it ought to be more focused on religion and less on consumerism, i.e. worldly selfishness, which, you know, Satan is all about. So...yeah...I think other people's heads will explode first.

10. Top | #20
    Archived
    Total Posts

I mean ... two sides fought each other "to the death". So each side are then seperate entities (individuals) that are NOT fighting with TWO causes! You might as well say, as it seems, that " human-beings as a group " are like hypocrites as they're both Religious and Atheist".
    In just about every public conflict between Satanists and Christians that I can think of, the Satanists were on the side of moral right.