Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF is this?

1. Top | #11
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Floof View Post
    I'd definitely try them once but I wouldn't expect to like them enough to eat more.
    This is exactly why Oreo is releasing stuff like this. People 'try' them, then remember and start buying regular Oreos. Also because people make threads about them on internet forums.

2. Top | #12
    Intergalactic Villainess Angry Floof's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    I'd definitely try them once but I wouldn't expect to like them enough to eat more.
    This is exactly why Oreo is releasing stuff like this. People 'try' them, then remember and start buying regular Oreos. Also because people make threads about them on internet forums.
    YOU DON'T SAY. lol
    The Authoritarians

GOP and Trump supporters will not be able to say they didn't know. Vote in numbers too big to manipulate.

3. Top | #13
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    YOU DON'T SAY. lol
    I guess that might be obvious. I just don't get all the chatter over Oreo flavours.. it's a shitty flavour of a shitty cookie released as a marketing ploy, complaining about them is what they want you to do.

We had one of my partner's friends living at our place for a couple months in the spring and she was their target market. She'd come home with all of these crazy Oreos and try to shove them in my face. 'No actually I don't want to try a cinnamon roll oreo, thanks'.

4. Top | #14
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Okay, lets get something straight, Oreo or Hydrox are not shitty. They are a good cookie, however, they are best (by a good margin) if eaten frozen.

5. Top | #15
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Most of the time I'm proud to be from the UK, sometimes, not so much.....

A seaside ice cream parlour has launched a range of new controversial flavours which they hope will be the ‘taste of the summer’ – including ketchup and mushy peas. Ice cream maker Nejmi Hassan admits that his unusual flavours (include Marmite)are an ‘acquired taste’, but he thinks they’ll be a big hit.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/28/an-ic...cream-7583306/
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett

6. Top | #16
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Okay, lets get something straight, Oreo or Hydrox are not shitty. They are a good cookie, however, they are best (by a good margin) if eaten frozen.
    I must have just moved right outside the sweet zone and fully into savory. I'll enjoy a thoroughly good, freshly baked cookie, or worst case scenario a few select brands of grocery brand chocolate chip cookie. But Oreos? What the fuck even is an Oreo? I'd rather snack on cheese/crackers, or some other kind of bread.

7. Top | #17
    anything's possible out there
    BUT FIRST.... coffee

~ www.personalstacks.com ~

8. Top | #18
    Quote Originally Posted by phands View Post
    I've eaten this in that place...wasn't as bad as I expected....

Garlic Ice Cream
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...alifornia.html
    Ice cream is the staple of the Gilroy Garlic Festival. There are other odd garlicky foods on offer, but the oce cream causes the most hubbub.

9. Top | #19
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phands View Post
    I've eaten this in that place...wasn't as bad as I expected....

Garlic Ice Cream
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...alifornia.html
    Ice cream is the staple of the Gilroy Garlic Festival. There are other odd garlicky foods on offer, but the oce cream causes the most hubbub.
    Anything that is churned with a high enough fat content will be like. There is little you can put in with that much fat that won't be adored!

I think I've got it... a basil pesto ice cream served with a honey glazed broiled salmon filet. For dessert you could do it with crumbled chocolate covered bacon.

10. Top | #20
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Jalapeno is surprisingly good in chocolate fudge. Tiny bits of the pepper, of course. And dark chocolate.

One of my husband's favorite cakes is a chocolate cake with whiskey and coffee and---ground black pepper. I'm not a fan of whiskey or coffee but if you put them together with enough chocolate, they're pretty good. (And sugar)

One of the specialties of a local bakery is a maple long john with bacon on it. Not a fan.