Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: My experiences that suggest an intelligent force exists

1. Top | #281
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I thought that the Connect 4 and upside-down Bible things showed that God had a sense of humour. This is also the case in post #280 - and I think it's related to God because that's mostly what the Reverend and I talk about.

2. Top | #282
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Dude, we talked about this. Smiley faces are extremely common. Coincidences happen all the time, especially where free, popular, low res .bmps are involved.

And doing elaborate back checks of people you meet online is creepy. Take a step back and think.

3. Top | #283
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
    Dude, we talked about this. Smiley faces are extremely common. Coincidences happen all the time, especially where free, popular, low res .bmps are involved.
    If you do a web search for "smiley" there are dozens of popular styles. Mine is the second one and says it comes from Wikipedia. It would be a minimum of a 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 chance that she'd choose one that looks the same, except that the shading and outline is completely different. Also she chose it as a cover photo in the past 30 days and kept it for 6 days. It has been my YouTube/Google avatar for many months. And I only looked back in her history for about 1 month...

And doing elaborate back checks of people you meet online is creepy.
    I've been seeing her in person about 2-3 times per week. Once at a group dinner, then at a Bible study, then often in a private meeting. I posted about the smiley before I was her friend on Facebook - so I requested to be her friend. This morning she accepted so then I made a post about the smiley with her name linked in the post. She gave a laughing smiley as a response. So it seems like it is going well. BTW she is going away for 2 weeks and she wasn't at the dinner the night before - so it was good she still was able to accept my Facebook friendship (and laugh at my smiley post)

Take a step back and think.
    I did. BTW I don't consider this "proof" that an intelligent force is involved - but like all of the other cases it is associated with God or the big questions. I haven't ever had any coincidences related to my wife, relatives or other friends.
    Last edited by excreationist; 10-17-2019 at 09:00 AM.

4. Top | #284
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but there was another coincidence - and it involves a god. About 7 years ago, me, my wife and two other people were looking for somewhere to rent. One particular place seemed perfect - it was a couple minutes walk from my mother in law, major bus stops, other important places, it was a good price, and it had lots of storage, 4 bedrooms, etc. I said to people that if I got the place I'd believe in god. Then we got it and I replied "I didn't say which god I'd believe in". That is about the only time I'd made a statement like that - well during the first Maundy Thursday service I put god to the test then eventually the "I am the bread of life" song played.