Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My experiences that suggest an intelligent force exists

1. Top | #101
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    I felt like I should tell my boss (the only other person at work that day) about the answered prayer but I felt a bit embarrassed.
    Dude, never be ashamed to tell people what worked. Or appeared to work. Or, in your mind, what seemed to be connected to what worked.

If YOU feel your prayer accomplished something feel free to share that.

With the above fault, I wanted to log it: "Naked Chicken Danced around tube, fault corrected."
    WEPS threatened to keel haul me if I did. Ended up with a compromise. I logged, "Fault cleared during troubleshooting, was unable to identify the action which restored system operations. Intermittent fault." But I was free to tell anyone about it.

Offered the bones to the Nukes when the distilling system went down a month later, too.

2. Top | #102
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I thought that the meaning of life ("42") had a strong connection to "Connect 4" - it happens to also be 6 x 7. When I thought about this and checked the numbers of yellow and red pieces I found something unexpected:
    https://sky-walker.net/temp/connect4.jpg
    That set was the one in the mental ward I was in recently. Also I was reading a Gideon's Bible recently upside down - I was reading the 6th chapters, trying to annoy God.... then a sealed NIV Bible I got from my sister had the contents upside down!

3. Top | #103
    Veteran Member
    Synchronicity I think. Things that appear related but are not.

One time you prayed and felt something. An emotional response to stress or something, prayer as a release mechanism.

Modern medicine acknowledges aspects of ancient traditions do have benefits.

Still nothing supernatural,.

When I Christian connects prayer with something positive it is god's will. When prayers are unanswered it is also god's will.

4. Top | #104
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That connect 4 set might be one of the only ones like it in the world -
    e.g. here is an example of a set with 21 of each colour:
    https://bouncycastlenetwork-res.clou...9acf653cc547ec
    But it was the first time I'd ever tried counting the pieces.
    The Bible being printed upside down was even more significant because I had been reading a Bible upside down recently...

5. Top | #105
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The Bible being printed upside down was even more significant because I had been reading a Bible upside down recently...
    Ever bought a car?

I have gone years without paying much attention to car ads. Then I was in the market for a car. I saw kajillions of ads.
    It wasn't that any company's advertising budget increased 80-fold, it was just that I was geared to pay attention to them.

After I bought my CR-V, I stopped noticing much of any car ads, except those for CR-Vs. It seemed for about two months that every other commercial was for Honda, half of those for the car I was driving.

And the cars are everywhere! For the first month, it seemed that every parking lot I stopped in had at least one CR-V in it!

This was not a 'sign,' however. Just a predilection on the part of my own brain.

6. Top | #106
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Ever bought a car?

I have gone years without paying much attention to car ads. Then I was in the market for a car. I saw kajillions of ads.
    It wasn't that any company's advertising budget increased 80-fold, it was just that I was geared to pay attention to them.

After I bought my CR-V, I stopped noticing much of any car ads, except those for CR-Vs. It seemed for about two months that every other commercial was for Honda, half of those for the car I was driving.

And the cars are everywhere! For the first month, it seemed that every parking lot I stopped in had at least one CR-V in it!

This was not a 'sign,' however. Just a predilection on the part of my own brain.
    It's funny; I was just the other day reading an article about the Baader-Meinhof Effect.

7. Top | #107
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    It's funny; I was just the other day reading an article about the Baader-Meinhof Effect.
    Spooky...

8. Top | #108
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Spooky...
    Gods work in mysterious ways.

Come to think of it, why do mysteries exist? Could it be that gods like soap operas?

9. Top | #109
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Beyond the Higgs-field theory is the mysterious ways , the process workings of the universe. " I wonder what it is ? ", ponders the scientist.

10. Top | #110
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Beyond the Higgs-field theory is the mysterious ways , the process workings of the universe. " I wonder what it is ? ", ponders the scientist.

....and?