Thread: Tony Reed video 81: Genetic Entropy

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Tony Reed video 81: Genetic Entropy

I'm mostly posting this to introduce people to the Tony Reed channel on YouTube. He took an extended break from making videos and returned recently.

His videos all focus on specific arguments from creationists and are generally well-researched.

As Potholer54 pointed out, a lot can be debunked just by actually reading what they cite, which often don't support the conclusions they draw from those sources.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Underseer View Post
    by actually reading what they cite, which often don't support the conclusions they draw from those sources.
    There used to be a poster on this site, two incarations back, David from Texas, who argued the creationist side. Every single time he posted a link, it actually contradicted the claims he made in his post. Sometgimes it took some digging. Like, three or four sentences into the article, or the summary, or the research proposal, but it was an amazing string of self-administered footings....

We had to think he just put the desired word string into google, and assumed that the top of the hits returned would include that phrase. No one told him about ", i guess.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Underseer View Post
    by actually reading what they cite, which often don't support the conclusions they draw from those sources.
    There used to be a poster on this site, two incarations back, David from Texas, who argued the creationist side. Every single time he posted a link, it actually contradicted the claims he made in his post. Sometgimes it took some digging. Like, three or four sentences into the article, or the summary, or the research proposal, but it was an amazing string of self-administered footings....

We had to think he just put the desired word string into google, and assumed that the top of the hits returned would include that phrase. No one told him about ", i guess.
    I admit that I often don't read citations. I presume that most people don't, which is why so many (it's not just creationists by any stretch of the imagination) will cite sources that don't actually support their claims. The claims of climate change deniers can often be debunked just by reading the sources they cite.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, here is the full playlist of Tony Reed's "How Creationism Taught Me Real Science" video series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sirT2VbeRQbLk7

If you get an argument from a creationist, there's a good chance you'll find that argument on the above playlist, and he cites his sources.