Page 254 of 477 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4765

Thread: Democrats 2020

  1. Top | #2531
    Sapere aude Politesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chochenyo Territory, US
    Posts
    4,246
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

    I was thinking the exact opposite! Pete could dramatically move the moderates to the left.
    Name one left-wing policy of Pete's.
    Well, he's pro gay marriage...

  2. Top | #2532
    Contributor PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    5,080
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    9,469
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

    I was thinking the exact opposite! Pete could dramatically move the moderates to the left.
    Name one left-wing policy of Pete's.
    Well, he's pro gay marriage...
    I was referring to his position relative to the field, which is what Harry was implying if I'm not mistaken.

  3. Top | #2533
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    4,325
    Archived
    945
    Total Posts
    5,270
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Parker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    The reason for these tactics should be clear: Pete's plan is more of the same means-tested McKinsey bullshit that never changes anything because it leaves the structural institutions that are to blame for racial discrepancies fully intact.
    The reason is competition for donors.

    With more billionaires in the Dem party than one could poke a stick at, [including the sinister G Soros] the Dems need donors?
    Duh, yeah. So do Republicans, btw.

  4. Top | #2534
    Contributor PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    5,080
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    9,469
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Parker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post


    With more billionaires in the Dem party than one could poke a stick at, [including the sinister G Soros] the Dems need donors?
    Duh, yeah. So do Republicans, btw.
    Another reason Bernard is the only choice for president

  5. Top | #2535
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Recluse
    Posts
    9,776
    Archived
    9,040
    Total Posts
    18,816
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Parker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post


    With more billionaires in the Dem party than one could poke a stick at, [including the sinister G Soros] the Dems need donors?
    Duh, yeah. So do Republicans, btw.
    Another reason Bernard is the only choice for president
    "Only" ?

    Not best, but "only"?

    That is so weird.

  6. Top | #2536
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    28,093
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    70,566
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Parker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    The reason for these tactics should be clear: Pete's plan is more of the same means-tested McKinsey bullshit that never changes anything because it leaves the structural institutions that are to blame for racial discrepancies fully intact.
    The reason is competition for donors.
    With more billionaires in the Dem party than one could poke a stick at, [including the sinister G Soros] the Dems need donors?
    Trump is allegedly a billionaire and wanted money. Mitt Romney, pretty rich, wanted money.

  7. Top | #2537
    Contributor PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    5,080
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    9,469
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post

    Another reason Bernard is the only choice for president
    "Only" ?

    Not best, but "only"?

    That is so weird.
    I know, being an actual leftist and evaluating primary candidates based on those principles is highly weird.

  8. Top | #2538
    Elder Contributor Keith&Co.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Far Western Mass
    Posts
    18,947
    Archived
    24,500
    Total Posts
    43,447
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post

    Another reason Bernard is the only choice for president
    "Only" ?

    Not best, but "only"?

    That is so weird.
    Well, you know those 'single issue voters.'
    Abortion, homosexuals, Bernie, guns...

  9. Top | #2539
    Contributor PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    5,080
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    9,469
    Rep Power
    62
    ...honesty, consistency, anti-imperialism, theory of change, grassroots support, incorruptibility...

  10. Top | #2540
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    18,417
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    34,103
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Another reason Bernard is the only choice for president

Similar Threads

  1. Republicans 2020
    By lpetrich in forum US Presidential Politics
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 05-01-2020, 12:51 PM
  2. 2020: The Hamburger Election
    By ideologyhunter in forum US Presidential Politics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2019, 09:07 AM
  3. Oprah Winfrey in 2020???
    By lpetrich in forum US Presidential Politics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-02-2018, 03:39 AM
  4. US Presidency 2020
    By lpetrich in forum US Presidential Politics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-17-2017, 08:10 PM
  5. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 11-28-2016, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •