Page 184 of 214 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2135

Thread: Democrats 2020

1. Top | #1831
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Also Kamala Harris should drop out if she can't even hit double digits in her home state
    Things are not looking good for her. Ironically, she'd be one of the stronger general election candidates.

2. Top | #1832
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    We're still annoyed with her for running at all. Talk about tone-deaf. If she doesn't become president, she might have trouble getting re-elected Senator.
    For the record, why in particular do you consider her run "tone-deaf"?
    She thought she could get away with using Barbara Boxer's seat as a brief stepping stone on the way to the White House. A Democrat is not going to reach the presidency having just completely snubbed the most important Democratic state. We don't elect new Senators often or lightly.

3. Top | #1833
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    She thought she could get away with using Barbara Boxer's seat as a brief stepping stone on the way to the White House. A Democrat is not going to reach the presidency having just completely snubbed the most important Democratic state. We don't elect new Senators often or lightly.
    Barack Obama was in US senate as long as Kamala Harris when he (successfully) ran for president. If that's your reason, it is not a particularly compelling one.

4. Top | #1834
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Perhaps she has hired the same speech writers Obama used.

5. Top | #1835
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    We're still annoyed with her for running at all. Talk about tone-deaf. If she doesn't become president, she might have trouble getting re-elected Senator.
    She may have shined during the hearings but her presidential bid brought her opportunistic resume into the public light.

6. Top | #1836
    Barack Obama was in US senate as long as Kamala Harris when he (successfully) ran for president. If that's your reason, it is not a particularly compelling one.
    He's not from California.

7. Top | #1837
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Harvestdancer View Post
    The job of any national government is to take care of the nation of which it is the government.
    I thought the job of any national government was to perpetuate itself. Just judging by what they actually do...
    Also, the US is continually attacking other countries and their governments for doing just that.

So maybe PH has a point and this should be re-evaluated?

8. Top | #1838
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Kamala doesn't have the charisma that Obama does, and I have not met a single black woman who likes her. My black friends all think she's phony. Maybe it take a black woman to find the faults in another black woman. . One of my black female friends now likes Warren, although like me, she's worried that Warren is too far left to beat Trump. I wish I felt really good about any of these candidates.....Of course, I will vote for the eventual nominee. It looks like it will be either Warren or Biden. Biden is holding the lead, but Warren keeps creeping up, while the others are falling back or remaining with very little support. But then, who the fuck knows if any of these polls are very meaningful. Anybody else 20/20

9. Top | #1839
    Archived
    Total Posts

10. Top | #1840
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post

Kamala doesn't have the charisma that Obama does, and I have not met a single black woman who likes her. My black friends all think she's phony. Maybe it take a black woman to find the faults in another black woman. . One of my black female friends now likes Warren, although like me, she's worried that Warren is too far left to beat Trump. I wish I felt really good about any of these candidates.....Of course, I will vote for the eventual nominee. It looks like it will be either Warren or Biden. Biden is holding the lead, but Warren keeps creeping up, while the others are falling back or remaining with very little support. But then, who the fuck knows if any of these polls are very meaningful. Anybody else 20/20
    Harris appeared to have potential, but I think she overplayed the race angle with Biden, mentioned appropriations too much, and the impeachment of Kavanaugh probably not a good thing.