Page 212 of 271 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2709

Thread: Democrats 2020

1. Top | #2111
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The Dems have a death wish. This ought to frighten the living beejesus out of Middle Americans!

https://gellerreport.com/2019/10/hug...resident.html/

2. Top | #2112
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    The Dems have a death wish. This ought to frighten the living beejesus out of Middle Americans!

I'm not a fan of Bernie and I'm pretty sure that he won't be the nominee, but it's funny that your link refers to the squad as Jew haters, when they just endorsed a Jewish guy. You sure do know how to pick some good fake news.

3. Top | #2113
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post

I'm not a fan of Bernie and I'm pretty sure that he won't be the nominee, but it's funny that your link refers to the squad as Jew haters, when they just endorsed a Jewish guy. You sure do know how to pick some good fake news.
    Yea, a self hating anti semetic Jew who should he ever get his grubby hands on the keys to the White House would leave Israel at the mercy [which they have none] of mullahs and terrorists who only live for the day they can slaughter every Jew in existence.

4. Top | #2114
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post

Yea, a self hating anti semetic Jew who should he ever get his grubby hands on the keys to the White House would leave Israel at the mercy [which they have none] of mullahs and terrorists who only live for the day they can slaughter every Jew in existence.
    Sorry. I support Israel and it's right to exist. However, I'm an American first. We don't need politicians who because of their religion are paralyzed in the face of any criticism of Israel. Besides Israel didn't help us during the Normandy invasion.

5. Top | #2115
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So at the debate

Tulsi: We need to talk about our records and ability to run against Trump, for example Elizabeth War-

Moderator: We're out of time!

6. Top | #2116
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

Sorry. I support Israel and it's right to exist. However, I'm an American first. We don't need politicians who because of their religion are paralyzed in the face of any criticism of Israel. Besides Israel didn't help us during the Normandy invasion.
    Stop being so childish!

7. Top | #2117
    Archived
    Total Posts
    How Bernie won a prized endorsement from his hospital bed - POLITICO
    As the 78-year-old Sanders laid in a hospital bed in Nevada after a heart attack, with his presidential campaign in jeopardy, his campaign manager Faiz Shakir received a call and passed his phone to the Vermont senator. It was Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She told Sanders she was coming aboard his campaign, months before she was expected to issue an endorsement.

Asked about the endorsements on CNN following Tuesday night’s debate, Warren said “[L]ook, I have great respect for all three of those women. I think they are terrific. And here’s what I know for sure, when this primary is over, we are all going to be on the same side.” Her campaign declined to comment further.
    I wonder what the three said to her -- did any of them assure her that she was their second choice?

About their recent meeting in Vermont,
    “I remember when they sat and talked to each other, it just felt like people who just know each other and understand each other,” Shakir said. “They have been to some degree within their own caucuses — whether it's the House caucus or the Senate caucus — made to feel that they're outsiders looking in. And I think they find [a] common bond in that: That we are in a struggle where even the establishment of the Democratic Party doesn't always appreciate how we're approaching these issues.”
    They didn't reveal what they talked about at the time, but the two plan a rally together in Queens just outside her district on Saturday, Oct 19.

Ilhan Omar will also be endorsing him.
    Warren’s foreign policy, which is seen by some progressives as more hawkish than Sanders’, was a factor in Omar’s decision to endorse him over the Massachusetts senator. In a video released Wednesday, Omar said Sanders is “the only candidate that wants to make sure that we end our endless wars.”
    'Knock Down the House' Stars Endorse Bernie Sanders' Campaign | Hollywood Reporter
    Bernie Sanders on Twitter: "Thank you @COriBush, @paulajean2020, and @amy4thepeople for endorsing our campaign! Together we can defeat Donald Trump and finally create a government that works for everyone in this country. https://t.co/qNcskMTGs0" / Twitter
    So all four KDtH stars will be endorsing BS: AOC, Cori Bush, Paula Jean Swearengin, and Amy Vilela.
    Vilela, who ran for Congress on a Medicare-for-all platform in Nevada after the death of her daughter and placed third, continues to advocate for Medicare for all. Bush, a community organizer active in Ferguson, Missouri, who ran for the state House and lost, is prepping another bid for U.S. Congress. Swearingen, who ran for Congress in West Virginia as an environmental activist and lost, is also preparing a new 2020 campaign, for the Senate.
    AOC earlier stated
    So far, the freshman representative has suggested she is leaning toward both Sanders and Warren, another of the Democrats' more progressive candidates for 2020. “What I would like to see in a presidential candidate is one that has a coherent worldview and logic from which all these policy proposals are coming forward,” Ocasio-Cortez told CNN months ago. “I think Sen. Sanders has that. I also think Sen. Warren has that.”
    She also worked with Kamala Harris a little bit.

8. Top | #2118
    Archived
    Total Posts
    How Bernie Sanders won the endorsements of Ocasio-Cortez and Omar - The Washington Post
    On Sept. 21, Omar (D-Minn.) spoke at an Iowa forum where she outlined the need for a candidate who would fight for broad change, and soon after, she advocated for Sanders with other members of “the Squad,” a group of left-leaning female House members, according to an aide who is close to her.

A week later, Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), also a Squad member, visited Sanders in his hometown of Burlington, Vt., and the two sat down for breakfast, joined by Sanders’s wife, Jane, and his campaign manager, Faiz Shakir. Ocasio-Cortez’s visit “was a very key step in the process” of earning her endorsement, Shakir said later.
    Why Ocasio-Cortez Is Endorsing Sanders - The New York Times
    Recent alliances: Over the summer. Mr. Sanders proposed legislation to eliminate student debt. The issue is a priority for Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, who has openly talked about her struggle to pay off her student loans. She gave him her full support.

“What a beautiful day to liberate ourselves from student debt,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said at the time. “It was literally easier for me to become the youngest woman in American history elected to Congress than it is to pay off my student loan debt,” she said. “That should tell you everything about the state of this.”
    AOC also had some meetings with Elizabeth Warren, but BS won.

Krystal Ball reacts to Ocasio-Cortez endorsing Sanders: 'Class power over girl power' | TheHill
    Here's campaign manager Faiz Shakir:

"Think about the courage of this person who says, 'you know, I know what you just went through but I have so much trust and confidence in you that you are the one who will fight the fight that I believe in. I'm with you.’ To hear that was like, 'wow’.”
    Then some stuff on class differences.
    "An OpenSecrets review of campaign donations found that while Warren was naturally the top recipient among scientists and professors, Sanders led by far among teachers, nurses, servers, bartenders, social workers, retail workers, construction workers, truckers, and drivers. Of all the money going to 2020 democrats from servers -- one of the lowest-paying jobs in the country -- more than half went to Sanders alone. This is just what is required to challenge the power of the ultrarich: a politics that does not treat lower-income voters as a kind of passive supplement for professional liberals, but one that can put the new working class itself at the center of the action." So well said.

And this is the choice that AOC has just made. It's a choice to center the working class.

I asked myself if AOC was a true leader of character, or just someone who saw an opportunity to beat Joe Crowley because of his arrogant, establishment-bound complacency. Now we know the answer, and the multi-racial working class has another champion to stand next to Bernie and fight the good fight.

9. Top | #2119
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Bernie Sanders on Twitter: "I hope you can join me and @AOC at our rally in New York this weekend and help us show the strength of our movement. RSVP here: https://t.co/nyqtMVEcXQ" / Twitter
    then
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Hey all!
    We’re having a big ol’ NYC party tomorrow & everyone’s invited.
    Thousands of people are RSVP’d. All are welcome.
    (Not sure who you’re going to support yet? That’s great! Come on in, listen to people in the movement, & learn more about the future we’re fighting for.) https://t.co/GiKM3FFEz5" / Twitter

I'll try to catch it live.

AOC had campaigned for BS back in 2016, and some other ex-campaigners formed Brand New Congress, an organization that recruited her to run for Congress. Her brother recommended her, and they accepted.

Bernie Sanders himself has a long progressive history, going back to when he was a civil-rights activists and then mayor of Burlington, VT.

10. Top | #2120
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Hillary Clinton suggests Russians are grooming a Democrat for 2020 - YouTube - "Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton says the Russians are currently "grooming" a Democrat running in the presidential primary to run as a third-party candidate and champion their interests. #CNN #News "

Tulsi Gabbard Lashes Back at Hillary Clinton After Claim of Russian Influence - The New York Times - "In a podcast interview this week, the former secretary of state suggested that Ms. Gabbard was being “groomed” by Russia to run a third-party presidential campaign."

Tulsi Gabbard on Twitter: "Great! Thank you @HillaryClinton. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a ..." / Twitter

Tulsi Gabbard on Twitter: "... concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and ..." / Twitter

Tulsi Gabbard on Twitter: "... powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose.
    It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly." / Twitter

This led to the trending hashtag #QueenOfWarmongers

Someone responded
    BrooklynDad_Defiant Savage! on Twitter: "@TulsiGabbard @HillaryClinton You know what POWERFUL forces have destroyed your campaign?
    - Your past (LGBTQ hate, Assad)
    - Your present (trump defender, views on Mueller & Ukraine)
    - Your future, as a Russian asset & darling of the GOP
    Take ALL the seats, @TulsiGabbard. https://t.co/ZLLBaZLdqL" / Twitter