Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Xoxarle1 View Post
Not sure I put much faith in head-to-head polling at this early stage. If Sanders emerges as the winner, he's going to be truly pummelled by corporate and PAC ad spend. It will be Bloomberg on steriods. The following industries, already some of the most powerful lobbyists in DC, will see him as an existential threat: Big Pharma, Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Oil And Gas, Health Insurers, Hospital Chains, Banks, Defense Contractors. They would likely only need to move the needle by 5 percent points. Bloomberg has moved it 15 points by spending half a billion. You can't tell me those industries couldn't amass a warchest 10 or even 100 times that size.
Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me—and I welcome their hatred. - FDR
I wonder how FDR would have fared in 1936 if his opponents had the ability to paste every billboard and swamp every radio with slogans or soundbites about him coming for their bibles, guns, paychecks, flags and unborn babies. It's a little easier to welcome hatred in an era where mass communication is in its infancy and the gatekeepers aren't quite so eager to allow outright slander. Remember, Zuckerberg has no financial incentive whatsoever to stem the flow of anti-progressive propaganda, considering their threats to regulate his company.