Page 155 of 164 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1631

Thread: New report on climate change released today

1. Top | #1541
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starwater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post

Teh Gruaniad for a start, Extinction Rebellion, the weird Swedish kid, AOC and load of others.

What evidence is there that actual man made climate change is/has actually occurred ?

Climate change is a Rapture like cult.
    Ice cores that have atmospheric data for a 40, 000 year time frame for one.
    40.000 years is less than the blink of an eye on the timescale of mother Earth! Besides, if one talks about such a timescale, that pesky Medieval Warming period from around 1000-1400 has to be explained away, and not hidden as Mann did!

2. Top | #1542
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The issue is not that climate change happens due to natural processes and events, which of course it does, but how much we are adding to the mix with our activity.

3. Top | #1543
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post

Teh Gruaniad for a start, Extinction Rebellion, the weird Swedish kid, AOC and load of others.

What evidence is there that actual man made climate change is/has actually occurred ?

40.000 years is less than the blink of an eye on the timescale of mother Earth! Besides, if one talks about such a timescale, that pesky Medieval Warming period from around 1000-1400 has to be explained away, and not hidden as Mann did!
    Well if you understand the science - which you say you do and then when it slaps your denialism in your face you don't - the earth is 4.5 billion years old. The earth wobbles on its axis and its rotation around the sun changes from oval to circluar to more oval - these factors among others indeed do change the climate. However, the science - if you bother to look at it says these factors are not what is causing what is happening today.

40,000 years is significantly before the industrial revolution. The ice cores show very clearly the influence of humans. How do I know? I have actually seen the ice cores. The demarcation is very apparent. But oh - that doesn't support your denialism so you can't possible look at any of this evidence - because you know science - you can't possibly believe in that unless it supports your position. Stick your head farther in the sand and continue to let your butt burn in the ever increasing temperatures of down under. Maybe some day that burn will reach your brain.
    Keep messing with 45

4. Top | #1544
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts

Except it basically doesn't show in the ice cores. It wasn't a worldwide thing like you take on faith.

5. Top | #1545
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    The issue is not that climate change happens due to natural processes and events, which of course it does, but how much we are adding to the mix with our activity.
    Easily fixed! Every human in existence is to go back to living as hunter gatherers. Not even a gathering around a log fire to keep warm or cook on it is to be allowed!

I wonder if the warmists and alarmists will ever learn the truth that it's not man that influences climate, but vice versa. It's climate that has influenced mankind's evolution and adaption to the conditions ever since homo sapiens first appeared!

6. Top | #1546
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    Easily fixed! Every human in existence is to go back to living as hunter gatherers. Not even a gathering around a log fire to keep warm or cook on it is to be allowed!
    You know, by installing insulation and replacing my furnace, I reduced the natural gas usage in my house by 75 to 80%. I support CAFE standards that continue to help reduce emissions. There are ways to contribute to reducing the footprint without needing to resort to childish hyperbole.

I wonder if the warmists and alarmists will ever learn the truth that it's not man that influences climate, but vice versa. It's climate that has influenced mankind's evolution and adaption to the conditions ever since homo sapiens first appeared!
    The exclamation point helps to sell that Dianetics level AGW Conspiracy fiction.

7. Top | #1547
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    You know, by installing insulation and replacing my furnace, I reduced the natural gas usage in my house by 75 to 80%. I support CAFE standards that continue to help reduce emissions. There are ways to contribute to reducing the footprint without needing to resort to childish hyperbole.
    New air conditioner. Cut cooling electricity use in our house by 60% without moving the thermostat. New roof is going to cut it another 20-30%. I don't think there's a light in our house that draws more than 6 watts. Just imagine if I put solar up on the roof to power the house and charge my commuter car. I bet my personal carbon would come down to a point that could be assimilated by plants out there in the world.

But no, the propagandists from the Heartland Institute, API, etc... say that it is "become cavemen" or keep being super wasteful with no in-between.

8. Top | #1548
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post

Except it basically doesn't show in the ice cores. It wasn't a worldwide thing like you take on faith.
    The Medieval Warm Period appears to have been a purely Western European phenomenon - not global warming, but just local warming in the region whose inhabitants went on to think themselves and their history uniquely important.

The best hypothesis I have seen for its proximate cause is an increase in the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation, bringing more warm Caribbean water to Europe via the Gulf Stream. This increased circulation may have been due to a cooling of the North West Atlantic, reducing freshwater run-off from Greenland and Eastern Canada; The net global temperature may not have changed at all, or more plausibly, may have actually been lower.

Indeed in today's warmer conditions, we observe that the North West Atlantic is one of the few areas that is cooler than it was in recent pre-industrial history, suggesting that the opposite effect could occur over the next few centuries - in a warmer world, Europe could easily experience a dramatic cooling. Bear in mind that the city of Glasgow, in Scotland, is almost 56° North of the equator; Far further North than any Canadian or North American city of any size, other than Anchorage, Alaska.

9. Top | #1549
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scombrid View Post
    New air conditioner. Cut cooling electricity use in our house by 60% without moving the thermostat. New roof is going to cut it another 20-30%. I don't think there's a light in our house that draws more than 6 watts. Just imagine if I put solar up on the roof to power the house and charge my commuter car. I bet my personal carbon would come down to a point that could be assimilated by plants out there in the world.
    This irrational obsession with carbon really needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by scombrid View Post
    But no, the propagandists from the Heartland Institute, API, etc... say that it is "become cavemen" or keep being super wasteful with no in-between.
    That's a load of male bovine excrement right there in regards to the upgrades mentioned.

10. Top | #1550
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I for one welcome global warming. I am buying beachfront property on Hudson's Bay and installing volleyball courts and a waterski jumping course. I am going to make millions.