Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making Coffee

1. Top | #21
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    Anyone tried Laughing Man Coffee? I read about it in People, in an article listing perfect Xmas gifts. I think it's Hugh Jackman's brand (not that that matters.) I ordered a bag, won't get it for 5 or 6 days.
    You're better off finding a local roaster. The brand is arbitrary, the quality of the beans will be based on how much time has passed since they've been roasted. With 6 days shipping they're already starting to decline, assuming they haven't already been sitting in a warehouse for a couple weeks.

If you can't find a local roaster just make sure you're buying whole beans and grinding them. After that point you're only looking at the darkness of the roast.

2. Top | #22
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Laughing Man arrived. Anxiously brewed my first cup, and meh -- can't tell it from Starbucks house brew, and that's not an endorsement, coming from me. Strong, bitter coffee; passable with extra creamer; no interesting side notes in the flavor. But I was curious -- now I know. Now, if Roseanne brings out a coffee -- that might be hellacious.