Page 3 of 328 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 3274

Thread: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  1. Top | #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    730
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    It was just one guy's tweet, not some coordinated right wing attack. He ended up deleting his account, maybe sorry for bringing AOC so much good PR.

    Let's hope she becomes as good at legislating as she is attractive and memeable.

    Enjoy, https://mobile.twitter.com/aoc_dances
    I wouldn't be so sure it is Republicans who are trying to marginalize her. So far she's a threat only to establishment Democrats (neoliberals).
    "I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean"
    Fiona Apple

  2. Top | #22
    Veteran Member funinspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,235
    Archived
    10,245
    Total Posts
    13,480
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Democratic Socialists are full-on socialists, i.e. they want public ownership of means of production.
    Good to learn I'm not a Democratic Socialist. At least in your perverted book...
    So what are you within Derec's "Pervert Book"?

  3. Top | #23
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    11,071
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    11,778
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    It was just one guy's tweet, not some coordinated right wing attack. He ended up deleting his account, maybe sorry for bringing AOC so much good PR.

    Let's hope she becomes as good at legislating as she is attractive and memeable.

    Enjoy, https://mobile.twitter.com/aoc_dances
    I wouldn't be so sure it is Republicans who are trying to marginalize her. So far she's a threat only to establishment Democrats (neoliberals).
    Oh, don't sell the Republitards short - they're definitely ramping up to vilify her. It looks like it's going to take them a while to figure out an effective way, but never fear - alternative facts go a long way with their base!

  4. Top | #24
    Veteran Member PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    4,495
    Archived
    4,389
    Total Posts
    8,884
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Democratic Socialists are full-on socialists, i.e. they want public ownership of means of production.
    Good to learn I'm not a Democratic Socialist. At least in your perverted book...
    Democrats: We need to appeal to the base of centrists who will actually go out and vote in elections even if it alienates those on the left

    Democratic Socialists of America membership growth stats:



    And here's the increase in 2018:

    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. Top | #25
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Georgia, US
    Posts
    2,480
    Archived
    3,862
    Total Posts
    6,342
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funinspace View Post
    And Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez can dance as well...

    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...34130841600000

    Alt-reality dipshits...
    She is one person in Congress, one young newbie. She's not going to turn the country socialist, so stop worrying.


    Who cares about her dancing? Her politics is the problem, not her dance moves.
    She's just one of 435 members of the House. It's going to be okay.

  6. Top | #26
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    15,528
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    31,214
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Democratic Socialists are full-on socialists, i.e. they want public ownership of means of production.
    Good to learn I'm not a Democratic Socialist. At least in your perverted book...
    It's not in my book. Try wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Democratic socialism is a political philosophy that advocates political democracy alongside social ownership of the means of production[1] with an emphasis on self-management and democratic management of economic institutions within a market or some form of decentralized planned socialist economy.[2] Democratic socialists hold that capitalism is inherently incompatible with what they hold to be the democratic values of liberty, equality and solidarity; and that these ideals can only be achieved through the realization of a socialist society. Democratic socialism can be supportive of either revolutionary or reformist politics as a means to establish socialism.
    DSA is particular are fans of Marx too.

  7. Top | #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    730
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    It was just one guy's tweet, not some coordinated right wing attack. He ended up deleting his account, maybe sorry for bringing AOC so much good PR.

    Let's hope she becomes as good at legislating as she is attractive and memeable.

    Enjoy, https://mobile.twitter.com/aoc_dances
    I wouldn't be so sure it is Republicans who are trying to marginalize her. So far she's a threat only to establishment Democrats (neoliberals).
    Oh, don't sell the Republitards short - they're definitely ramping up to vilify her. It looks like it's going to take them a while to figure out an effective way, but never fear - alternative facts go a long way with their base!
    It was a softball. The person or persons who put it out knew it was soft. It seems to me that they knew It would keep her in the spotlight in the news without damaging the democratic leadership.

    Republicans usually aren't afraid to put their names to stuff like this.
    "I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean"
    Fiona Apple

  8. Top | #28
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    11,071
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    11,778
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post

    It's not in my book. Try wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Democratic socialism is a political philosophy that advocates political democracy alongside social ownership of the means of production[1] with an emphasis on self-management and democratic management of economic institutions within a market or some form of decentralized planned socialist economy.[2] Democratic socialists hold that capitalism is inherently incompatible with what they hold to be the democratic values of liberty, equality and solidarity; and that these ideals can only be achieved through the realization of a socialist society. Democratic socialism can be supportive of either revolutionary or reformist politics as a means to establish socialism.
    DSA is particular are fans of Marx too.
    You're confused. DSA might be a fringe looney group for all I know, but I know they don't speak for all those who consider themselves Democratic Socialists.
    Do you also think that all independents subscribe to the libertarian "Independence Party"? You know, the one that deceptively named themselves to glean phony membership?

  9. Top | #29
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    24,144
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    66,617
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Democratic Socialists are full-on socialists, i.e. they want public ownership of means of production.
    Good to learn I'm not a Democratic Socialist. At least in your perverted book...
    Democrats: We need to appeal to the base of centrists who will actually go out and vote in elections even if it alienates those on the left
    We do. This whole pivot well to the left won't work. The GOP have successfully demonized very popular ideas. Bernie Sanders would have lost to Trump because he was a "radical" and out of touch with the "common American" despite having a platform most Americans want.

    Democratic Socialists of America membership growth stats:
    10,000 to 30,000... nice. Just a couple zeros from 3 million.

  10. Top | #30
    Contributor blastula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The greatesst state
    Posts
    5,062
    Archived
    6,070
    Total Posts
    11,132
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post

    Oh, don't sell the Republitards short - they're definitely ramping up to vilify her. It looks like it's going to take them a while to figure out an effective way, but never fear - alternative facts go a long way with their base!
    It was a softball. The person or persons who put it out knew it was soft. It seems to me that they knew It would keep her in the spotlight in the news without damaging the democratic leadership.

    Republicans usually aren't afraid to put their names to stuff like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

  1. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can't afford to live in DC
    By lpetrich in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-18-2018, 08:31 AM
  2. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Mike Huckabee
    By lpetrich in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 12-13-2018, 01:35 AM
  3. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-06-2018, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •