Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: NFL

1. Top | #221
    Contributor
    It was a decent game, but the commercials and half time shpw killed the continuity. Thankfully there were no commercials at the end and they were allowed to play it out without interruption.

The half time show reminded me of a strip club pole dance.

Call me old foamed. A 15 minijet marching band at half tome is enough.

2. Top | #222
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Kyle Shanahan has now lost two Super Bowls when leading in the 4th quarter. He was the offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons, who blew a 28-3 lead against the Patriots by going too conservative in their play-calling. Even Andy Reid hadn't done that.
    If memory serves, only three teams have surrendered 10 or more pt 4th qtr leads in the Super Bowl. He was involved in two of them.

3. Top | #223
    Veteran Member
    NFL players have come to an agreement with the league over a new collective bargaining agreement, which opens the way for an increase in salaries while also ushering in a 17-game season.

The new agreement will run until 2030. Immediate impacts will see players receive higher minimum salaries, improved benefits and less severe punishment for marijuana use. Rosters will increase from 53 to 55 players for each team, meaning there will be 64 more jobs for players in the league in the 2020 season. The players’ share of league income will also rise from the current 47% to as much as 48.5% by 2021. The NFL’s revenue was around $15bn in the 2018 season. There are also likely to be two additional playoff spots for the new season, with 14 teams making the postseason. That change was suggested by team owners and did not have to be approved by the NFLPA.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...17-game-season

Good grief. Even with the extra money I don’t know why the players would agree to this.

4. Top | #224
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Tom Brady just announced he's leaving the Patriots.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.