Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 222

Thread: NFL

  1. Top | #201
    Contributor blastula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The greatesst state
    Posts
    5,314
    Archived
    6,070
    Total Posts
    11,384
    Rep Power
    59
    Baltimore will have to put off their dynasty for another year. Disappointed won't be able to see Jackson in the remaining games, the playoffs will be a bit duller.

    I didn't like some of the playcalling, especially that 4th down try instead of a field goal, but whatever. Henry is making like Terrell Davis and their defense is peaking.

    That first half of KC-Hou was nuts, but also didn't like the play call of the fake punt. which if you don't make it, it gives them life when you still had a comfortable lead, and that's what happened. Why is everyone going for it on 4th all the time now?

  2. Top | #202
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    25,778
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    68,251
    Rep Power
    100
    Freddie Kitchens is responsible for 4th and go for it stupidity game calling. Ever since he ran a draw play on 4th and 7, other coaches had to try game play calling so crazy, it just has to work.

  3. Top | #203
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,097
    Archived
    1,927
    Total Posts
    5,024
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Baltimore will have to put off their dynasty for another year. Disappointed won't be able to see Jackson in the remaining games, the playoffs will be a bit duller.

    I didn't like some of the playcalling, especially that 4th down try instead of a field goal, but whatever. Henry is making like Terrell Davis and their defense is peaking.
    I wanted them to go for it on 4th down both times, but both the play call and execution were awful. They were money on 4th and short all year. But the Titans made every play on offense and defense, and deserve to be in the championship game. I'm sure many people blame Jackson for the loss, but he played reasonably well, better than any Raven beside Hollywood Brown.

    No, Kitchens had nothing to do with those 4th-and-short decisions.

  4. Top | #204
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    12,046
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    12,753
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Baltimore will have to put off their dynasty for another year. Disappointed won't be able to see Jackson in the remaining games, the playoffs will be a bit duller.

    I didn't like some of the playcalling, especially that 4th down try instead of a field goal, but whatever. Henry is making like Terrell Davis and their defense is peaking.
    I wanted them to go for it on 4th down both times, but both the play call and execution were awful. They were money on 4th and short all year. But the Titans made every play on offense and defense, and deserve to be in the championship game. I'm sure many people blame Jackson for the loss, but he played reasonably well, better than any Raven beside Hollywood Brown.

    No, Kitchens had nothing to do with those 4th-and-short decisions.
    Fully agree with HB. Tennessee is really good, and they are holding the hot hand at the right time. Their game with the Chefs (derogatory nickname, not a typo) should be a good one. But I expect KC to get ground down in the end, just like New England and Baltimore. Hoping to see them in the Superbowl against Green Bay.

  5. Top | #205
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blastula View Post
    Baltimore will have to put off their dynasty for another year. Disappointed won't be able to see Jackson in the remaining games, the playoffs will be a bit duller.

    I didn't like some of the playcalling, especially that 4th down try instead of a field goal, but whatever. Henry is making like Terrell Davis and their defense is peaking.
    I wanted them to go for it on 4th down both times, but both the play call and execution were awful. They were money on 4th and short all year. But the Titans made every play on offense and defense, and deserve to be in the championship game. I'm sure many people blame Jackson for the loss, but he played reasonably well, better than any Raven beside Hollywood Brown.

    No, Kitchens had nothing to do with those 4th-and-short decisions.
    Jackson deserves a good part of the blame. His interceptions were bad throws and his fumble was due to his reckless failure to protect the ball. He'd just been bumped by the defender and got away , but then still just held the ball out there to be stripped.

    That said, Titans' D line just dominated and the lack of a run game due partly to Ingram's injury meant they could just come after Jackson. Fortunately, those are things Jackson can correct. I still think he'll be a top 5 QB over the next 5 years at least.

  6. Top | #206
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    25,778
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    68,251
    Rep Power
    100
    Chiefs v 49ers. It'll be the first time in Super Bowl History that a red team plays a red team. I didn't fact check that, so that could be factually inaccurate.

    But what is definitely true is this is the first time two teams have played against each other after having steam rollered over their opponents in the playoffs. Actually, this was also not fact checked, even as far as it goes for this year, forget about the history of the NFL playoffs. It is like 50+ years... I'm not going through all of that data!

    But what we definitely know is that this match up will provide us with a classic Super Bowl that people will talk to their children's children's children about. Well, it could be a blow out, after the Chiefs give up two touchdowns in the first 30 seconds, but go on to score 62 unanswered points. I'm not a fortune teller!

    But we can all be certain that America is quite content, because the Patriots aren't even in the Super Bowl this year (first time in four years!). Even Patriots fans can handle that... I mean three straight Super Bowl appearances? Going 2-1... making it 6 Super Bowl titles overall? Yeah... we'll be fine. Thanks for asking.

  7. Top | #207
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    9,634
    Archived
    9,514
    Total Posts
    19,148
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Chiefs v 49ers. It'll be the first time in Super Bowl History that a red team plays a red team. I didn't fact check that, so that could be factually inaccurate.

    But what is definitely true is this is the first time two teams have played against each other after having steam rollered over their opponents in the playoffs. Actually, this was also not fact checked, even as far as it goes for this year, forget about the history of the NFL playoffs. It is like 50+ years... I'm not going through all of that data!

    But what we definitely know is that this match up will provide us with a classic Super Bowl that people will talk to their children's children's children about. Well, it could be a blow out, after the Chiefs give up two touchdowns in the first 30 seconds, but go on to score 62 unanswered points. I'm not a fortune teller!

    But we can all be certain that America is quite content, because the Patriots aren't even in the Super Bowl this year (first time in four years!). Even Patriots fans can handle that... I mean three straight Super Bowl appearances? Going 2-1... making it 6 Super Bowl titles overall? Yeah... we'll be fine. Thanks for asking.
    I didn't follow San Francisco or KC too closely this year, but caught KC's game last weekend, and a bit of the 49ers game last night. Based on that it looks like it's going to be an exciting Super Bowl.

  8. Top | #208
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Chiefs v 49ers. It'll be the first time in Super Bowl History that a red team plays a red team. I didn't fact check that, so that could be factually inaccurate.
    Ha, that was one of my first thoughts too. There aren't many possible combos for it since Chiefs are arguably the only "red team" in the AFC (I'd consider Texans primary color to be blue with red secondary).

    But what is definitely true is this is the first time two teams have played against each other after having steam rollered over their opponents in the playoffs. Actually, this was also not fact checked, even as far as it goes for this year, forget about the history of the NFL playoffs. It is like 50+ years... I'm not going through all of that data!

    But what we definitely know is that this match up will provide us with a classic Super Bowl that people will talk to their children's children's children about. Well, it could be a blow out, after the Chiefs give up two touchdowns in the first 30 seconds, but go on to score 62 unanswered points. I'm not a fortune teller!

    But we can all be certain that America is quite content, because the Patriots aren't even in the Super Bowl this year (first time in four years!). Even Patriots fans can handle that... I mean three straight Super Bowl appearances? Going 2-1... making it 6 Super Bowl titles overall? Yeah... we'll be fine. Thanks for asking.
    Yeah, but you gotta be a bit concerned about the future. I mean, despite the last 19 years, the smart money would be on the Pats not getting to the SB for the next couple of years with or without Brady. Bill is arguably the GOAT, but he ain't magic. Especially with the increase in serious competition in the AFC. I'd put their cumulative odds of even 1 SB appearance in the next 3 years at below 50% . That's still much higher than the odds for my Bears and their half-wit QB, but a lot less than being the odds favorite for most of the last 20 years.

  9. Top | #209
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    25,778
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    68,251
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Yeah, but you gotta be a bit concerned about the future. I mean, despite the last 19 years, the smart money would be on the Pats not getting to the SB for the next couple of years with or without Brady. Bill is arguably the GOAT, but he ain't magic. Especially with the increase in serious competition in the AFC. I'd put their cumulative odds of even 1 SB appearance in the next 3 years at below 50% . That's still much higher than the odds for my Bears and their half-wit QB, but a lot less than being the odds favorite for most of the last 20 years.
    If Brady stays and they draft well, it is possible to return to the AFC Championship next year or the Super Bowl, but in all honesty, I'm quite ready for the end of the dynasty. It has been an absurd run and I'm not one of those stupid types of fans that other teams have (Patriots fans are all class and the ones without class aren't "true Patriots fans" ) who can't handle losing. Many of us have learned how to accept being terrible or mediocre. Despite occasional years of goodness, the 70s and 80s and 90s were filled with much more mediocrity at best and completely embarrassing awfulness at worst.

    And the Super Bowl LI comeback alone will leave me warm for decades.

    So I'm good.

  10. Top | #210
    Mazzie Daius fromderinside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oregon's westernmost
    Posts
    11,922
    Archived
    18,213
    Total Posts
    30,135
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post

    So I'm good.

    Jimmy Higgins why am I chained to this assembly with a tube and a feather tickling my arse? Are you pumping yourself up again?

    SF ferever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •