Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: NFL

1. Top | #421
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Chargers of the past 10 year would have lost that game. They could be for real this year, but they are living on the edge relying on 4th down conversions. Herbert has been a perfect 8 for 8, but so many have been in risky spots where a miss would have been a disaster.

2. Top | #422
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yesterday, my Vikings resorted to playing to avoid losing, they almost lost. Instead of actually trying to move the ball and get a game ending first down, they ran and fumbled. The Lions recovered. A couple of plays later they scored a TD. Instead of going for the game tying PAT, they went for 2 and made it. The Vikings were down a point with 37 seconds left. They got lucky and kicked a field goal to win.

The Bengals came from behind against the Packers to force the game into OT. They were driving with 2 minutes left in OT and had a first down. Instead of trying to get into better field position (or score a TD or even run out the clock a bit), they went for the field goal and missed. The Packers had 2 minutes to move down the field and score, which they did.

Playing it safe backfired in both games. One team got lucky, but the Vikes deserved to lose.

3. Top | #423
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Yesterday, my Vikings resorted to playing to avoid losing, they almost lost. Instead of actually trying to move the ball and get a game ending first down, they ran and fumbled. The Lions recovered. A couple of plays later they scored a TD. Instead of going for the game tying PAT, they went for 2 and made it. The Vikings were down a point with 37 seconds left. They got lucky and kicked a field goal to win.

The Bengals came from behind against the Packers to force the game into OT. They were driving with 2 minutes left in OT and had a first down. Instead of trying to get into better field position (or score a TD or even run out the clock a bit), they went for the field goal and missed. The Packers had 2 minutes to move down the field and score, which they did.

Playing it safe backfired in both games. One team got lucky, but the Vikes deserved to lose.
    Ain't that how it is? The Broncos were conservative, a little unlucky and quite lackluster until they were down 6-24 to the Steelers in the 4th quarter. Then they suddenly started letting it hang out, converting 4th downs, making plays and came within two yards and a 2 point conversion of tying it up ... they failed, but looked like a whole other team when they were desperate.

4. Top | #424
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

Last 7 drives from Bengals-Packers:

1) Missed field goal
    2) Missed field goal
    3) Missed field goal
    4) Interception
    5) Missed field goal
    6) Missed field goal
    7) Field goal

Here is the official decision tree for coaches:

Is your kicker Justin Tucker?
    .........|.................|
    .......yes..............no
    .........|.................|
    ...do kicks......never do kicks

5. Top | #425
    I guess the Las Vegas, Raiders, can't handle a little fag talk amongst themselves.
    First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.
    Jackass Forever February 4, 2022..

6. Top | #426
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    ...but... but... but.... he didn't kneel. You shouldn't get fired unless you kneel.

7. Top | #427
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    ...but... but... but.... he didn't kneel. You shouldn't get fired unless you kneel.
    But he said bad things about the commissioner.

8. Top | #428
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I turned off the Colts-Ravens game after the Colts took a 22-3 lead, following a disastrous Lamar Jackson fumble on the Colts' 1-yard-line. Lamar then proceeded to carve them up like a Thanksgiving turkey, with several milestones:

• an NFL record for the highest completion percentage by any QB who had 40 or more passing attempts (there have been over 4,000 instances of a QB throwing 40 or more times)
    • the only QB in history with over 400 yards passing and a completion % above 85%
    • a Ravens record for passing yardage

He also ran for 50 yards. I was absolutely stunned when I saw the score this morning. The defense looked like a high school team, and the offense hadn't been much better, until they let Jackson take control. But some people will still call him a running back who throws. LOL.

9. Top | #429
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    I turned off the Colts-Ravens game after the Colts took a 22-3 lead, following a disastrous Lamar Jackson fumble on the Colts' 1-yard-line. Lamar then proceeded to carve them up like a Thanksgiving turkey, with several milestones:

• an NFL record for the highest completion percentage by any QB who had 40 or more passing attempts (there have been over 4,000 instances of a QB throwing 40 or more times)
    • the only QB in history with over 400 yards passing and a completion % above 85%
    • a Ravens record for passing yardage

He also ran for 50 yards. I was absolutely stunned when I saw the score this morning. The defense looked like a high school team, and the offense hadn't been much better, until they let Jackson take control. But some people will still call him a running back who throws. LOL.
    There are lots of great young QBs in the game today. Love Herbert. Love watching the Chargers. Burrows is great also. Jackson, while different, is fun to watch.

10. Top | #430
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I hope the Bengals have improved their offensive line; they almost got Burrow killed last year. Herbert, Mahomes, Murray, Allen, and Jackson, all 26 or younger. Then there’s Dorian Gray in Tampa.