Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 87

Thread: NFL

  1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,472
    Archived
    1,927
    Total Posts
    4,399
    Rep Power
    63
    Temperature went below 50, and the Chargers fell apart. What a dismal performance.

  2. Top | #22
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    21,284
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    63,757
    Rep Power
    94
    Well, that went a bit easier than I expected for the Patriots. Have no idea what to expect in Kansas City.

    Saints beat the Eagles after the Saints remember how to play defense.

  3. Top | #23
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    West Hollywood
    Posts
    3,483
    Rep Power
    19
    Eagles Saints game was pretty good. I didn’t think the Eagles were going to close the deal. Saints looked confident throughout the game.

  4. Top | #24
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    21,284
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    63,757
    Rep Power
    94
    Forecast from way on out... for Sunday in Kansas City (the 6:30 PM game... yeah, the dome team in New Orleans plays the afternoon game, granted, only people in Kansas City are aware of what the weather is like during this time of year, so that might explain the oversight)...

    Mostly sunny. Frigid. Highs around 18. Wind chill
    readings 10 below to 15 below zero in the morning.

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Temperature went below 50, and the Chargers fell apart. What a dismal performance.
    Funny that Rivers still threw for 331 yds, had 3 TDs and just 1 INT. Granted, about 2/3's of that was when the Patriots weren't trying.

  5. Top | #25
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,472
    Archived
    1,927
    Total Posts
    4,399
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Forecast from way on out... for Sunday in Kansas City (the 6:30 PM game... yeah, the dome team in New Orleans plays the afternoon game, granted, only people in Kansas City are aware of what the weather is like during this time of year, so that might explain the oversight)...

    Mostly sunny. Frigid. Highs around 18. Wind chill
    readings 10 below to 15 below zero in the morning.

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Temperature went below 50, and the Chargers fell apart. What a dismal performance.
    Funny that Rivers still threw for 331 yds, had 3 TDs and just 1 INT. Granted, about 2/3's of that was when the Patriots weren't trying.
    Exactly. Aside from garbage time, he threw for maybe a buck and a quarter. They looked as unprepared on both sides of the ball as the Ravens did on offense the previous week, and the Ravens fired their OC. Chargers are a lousy playoff team.

  6. Top | #26
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    21,284
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    63,757
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Forecast from way on out... for Sunday in Kansas City (the 6:30 PM game... yeah, the dome team in New Orleans plays the afternoon game, granted, only people in Kansas City are aware of what the weather is like during this time of year, so that might explain the oversight)...

    Mostly sunny. Frigid. Highs around 18. Wind chill
    readings 10 below to 15 below zero in the morning.

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Temperature went below 50, and the Chargers fell apart. What a dismal performance.
    Funny that Rivers still threw for 331 yds, had 3 TDs and just 1 INT. Granted, about 2/3's of that was when the Patriots weren't trying.
    Exactly. Aside from garbage time, he threw for maybe a buck and a quarter. They looked as unprepared on both sides of the ball as the Ravens did on offense the previous week, and the Ravens fired their OC. Chargers are a lousy playoff team.
    I was laughing in disbelief during parts of the first half. After the initial drive, I remarked, if the Chargers can't stop the Patriots running game, this thing is over. Then the Chargers scored quickly and my Dad noted it'd be a shoot out and I said, but if the Chargers can't stop the Patriots running game, the Pats won't lose. The Patriots did everything they wanted on the field.

    In general, it seems to be which system plays better against the other system on the field. And now I'm doing my best to ignore the outcome for the Kansas City game. What happened in New England was Belicheck out coached San Diego. The Charger defense kept on playing against a team that was playing 3rd and long, despite being manhandled, and the Patriots played very well on defense, obliterating the Chargers running game.

  7. Top | #27
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    West Hollywood
    Posts
    3,483
    Rep Power
    19
    Getting closer to the Maroon 5 halftime show !

    I’m hoping the Rams go through and I am quietly confident they will squeak through after a thoroughly entertaining game.

    I don’t have a preference as to who wins the other game. I think the Pats will probably win though. And get destroyed in the Super Bowl by the Rams.

  8. Top | #28
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    West Hollywood
    Posts
    3,483
    Rep Power
    19
    Rams squeak through !! Brilliant effort but a little bit lucky with one of the non calls.

  9. Top | #29
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    21,284
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    63,757
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    Rams squeak through !! Brilliant effort but a little bit lucky with one of the non calls.
    But what about the INT. Was the pass deflected or did the Rams player illegally knock down the Saints receiver?

  10. Top | #30
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    West Hollywood
    Posts
    3,483
    Rep Power
    19
    Open to interpretation I guess. Rules during playoffs can get a bit fuzzy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •