Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: The Wall

1. Top | #351
    Formerly Joedad
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    It seems to be a catch 22 situation for the Trumpet as well as for the Dems. Fail to build the damn wall, he failed to keep an election promise. He can also use this as a sword of Damocles to mortally wound any Dem Presidential candidate in 2022. Especially some old well past it geezer such as Sanders. The Dems stopped me building the wall thereby jeopardising American's security .
    That if elected he'd build wall was only half the promise. The other half- and I'm glad to see Pelosi and kin not letting people forget - is that Mexico would pay for it.

I honestly don't care if he builds wall, but he should keep both halves of his promise. As it stands his campaign promise was a lie. He should have said, "Elect me and I'll build a wall and all of you will be paying for it!" Probably would have lost a lot of support with that promise, which is exactly what he's done.
    Last edited by T.G.G. Moogly; 02-18-2019 at 05:41 PM.

2. Top | #352
    Archived
    Total Posts
    He can also use this as a sword of Damocles to mortally wound any Dem Presidential candidate in 2022.
    It's discouraging to hear that we're having a Presidential election in 2022!
    Dems will certainly lose that one if they win in 2020, especially since the economy will surely be in the tank by then. The trumpsuckers will be crying "LOOK WHAT YOU DID!"

I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if the RNC has already thrown in the towel for 2020, hoping to forestall the full economic effects of trumpism until after the 2020 election. They might pull the pin on an economic grenade and hand it to the Democrats.

3. Top | #353
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    What court is going to hear "I wanted to do it faster" along with "I expect to be sued in the 9the circuit and lose, then lose again in Federal court, the go to the Supreme Court"... and - WHUT? That's going to be FASTER? Pretext piled upon non-credible pretext - if ANY court allows this shit, we are pretty much doomed to becoming a dictatorship.
    The Republicans have been complaining about "activist" judges and want more control of selecting them.

4. Top | #354
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    On the contrary. It's not "failed" capitalism that sees Mexico and most other Latin American nations in very poor shape, but good old fashioned corruption!
    https://www.ft.com/content/42f01af8-...1-31da4279a601
    The people who support the far left position pretend corruption is an aspect of capitalism rather than seeing it's even worse under leftist systems.

5. Top | #355
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Day Three of the National Emergency. Saw a taco truck. The invasion has reached Michigan. Soon there'll be one on every corner. Stashed tequila and chorizo to use to bribe the guards in the prison camp.
    ITMFA I hope Bonespurs learns of his impeachment on Twitter.

"Buy a stinkin' podcast" and "Turn up your mind."

6. Top | #356
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Been without power. Using a generator during this national emergency.

Not going to work since I'm sure people are fleeing and going.............

Food is scarce but I have plenty of ammo.

Ate the dog.

You have to be tough in these times of national emergency.

It's the end times they spoke about in the revelation.

7. Top | #357
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    On the contrary. It's not "failed" capitalism that sees Mexico and most other Latin American nations in very poor shape, but good old fashioned corruption!
    https://www.ft.com/content/42f01af8-...1-31da4279a601
    The people who support the far left position pretend corruption is an aspect of capitalism rather than seeing it's even worse under leftist systems.
    *raises hand*

Umm... didn't capitalism crash and implode the global economy in 2008... which was only saved by an extraordinary global government effort? Also, there were almost no repercussions for people involved in said implosion. And that wasn't even corruption! It was willful neglect.

8. Top | #358
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    *raises hand*

Umm... didn't capitalism crash and implode the global economy in 2008... which was only saved by an extraordinary global government effort? Also, there were almost no repercussions for people involved in said implosion. And that wasn't even corruption! It was willful neglect.
    I'm pretty sure it counts as corruption if the willful neglect was the direct result of millions of dollars worth of bribes given to the people who willfully neglected to level any repercussions.