Thread: The Dude Truly Does Abide

1. Top | #1
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts

The Dude Truly Does Abide

Big Lebowski star Jeff Bridges reprising role of The Dude in mystery project

I’ve got information, man!

Jeff Bridges has teased the possibility that he is reprising the role of “The Dude,” the iconic, White Russian-slurping, perpetually stoned bowler he portrayed in the Coen brothers’ classic 1998 comedy, The Big Lebowski.

In a video posted on Bridges’ Twitter account, the Oscar-winning actor is seen dressed in the distinctive costume of his beloved character while the accompanying message reads “Can’t be living in the past, man. Stay tuned.”
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

Jeff Bridges has teased the possibility that he is reprising the role of “The Dude,” the iconic, White Russian-slurping, perpetually stoned bowler he portrayed in the Coen brothers’ classic 1998 comedy, The Big Lebowski.

In a video posted on Bridges’ Twitter account, the Oscar-winning actor is seen dressed in the distinctive costume of his beloved character while the accompanying message reads “Can’t be living in the past, man. Stay tuned.”
    He provided a date of Feb. 3 for the reveal, so there is speculation that this is just going to be a Superbowl commercial, possibly leading to an ad campaign featuring The Dude. It could be a trailer, or teaser that will be aired during the game, but unless production has not even started yet, I think it would be difficult to keep the fact that a movie sequel is in production under wraps.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Why would The Dude sell out like that, man?
    Do human beings have free will? I can't decide.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    1998 film?!? Holy cats! I can't believe it took me 20 years to get around to watching it.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTalking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

He provided a date of Feb. 3 for the reveal, so there is speculation that this is just going to be a Superbowl commercial, possibly leading to an ad campaign featuring The Dude. It could be a trailer, or teaser that will be aired during the game, but unless production has not even started yet, I think it would be difficult to keep the fact that a movie sequel is in production under wraps.
    An ad campaign would signal the death of The Dude.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinbuckaroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTalking View Post

An ad campaign would signal the death of The Dude.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Do human beings have free will? I can't decide.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It was indeed a Super Bowl ad for Stella Artois, also featuring Sarah Jessica Parker as her Sex and the City character. The ad was leaked online earlier because I realized when it came on last night, I'd already seen it somewhere.