Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollet - Horrible Hate Crime or Horrible Case of TDS?

1. Top | #21

2. Top | #22
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    t sounds a bit hokey, "unknown chemical substance" ? Diet Dr Pepper ?
    Or maybe even worse, pure dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO). Otherwise known as hydrogen hydroxide, oxidane and hydroxylic acid.
    Oxidane is a new one to me.

3. Top | #23
    Archived
    Total Posts

4. Top | #24
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSwizzle View Post
    t sounds a bit hokey, "unknown chemical substance" ? Diet Dr Pepper ?
    Or maybe even worse, pure dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO). Otherwise known as hydrogen hydroxide, oxidane and hydroxylic acid.
    Oxidane is a new one to me.
    It's the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) name for the chemical compound; And has been mentioned a few times on these boards (the earliest mention I found on a quick search is from 2015, by me).

5. Top | #25

6. Top | #26
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It sounded fishy to me at first too. I still don't know what to think.
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

7. Top | #27
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If my hero Morton Downey Jr could commit a hate crime hoax, then anyone can.

8. Top | #28
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    There was a kidnapping case in Vallejo a few years ago that pretty much everyone (including myself) thought was a hoax perpetrated by the victim and her boyfriend. The police publicly announced it was a hoax and condemned the couple as a drain on their time and resources. It wasn't until months later that the kidnapper was caught in another crime, and evidence recovered showed the Vallejo kidnapping to be true. The couple sued and won. So, yeah, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, its probably (but not always) a duck.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...316-story.html

9. Top | #29
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    It sounded fishy to me at first too. I still don't know what to think.
    What seems the more fishy? That a well-known, black/openly gay actor (who constantly attacks Trump through Twitter) who lived in the area and had just a week prior been sent an anthrax-scare package complete with racist/homophobic threats, thereby indicating that whoever sent it was serious enough to commit a federal crime and knew his whereabouts and might therefore have been stalking him for a while and knew his routine pretty well and could therefore easily have been expecting him to go out for a late night meal or the like (and also did a simple recon around the area a few days before to see where the security cameras might have blind spots to exploit, etc)...

Or, a popular, working actor--openly gay, so not needing to hide anything about his sexuality--just decided for no apparent reason to scuff himself up at 2:00 in the morning after grabbing a Subway sandwich and buy a rope (at one of those twenty four hour hardware stores that don't exist in Chicago) to make into a noose so he could file a false claim (committing his own felony in the process if it is in fact a false claim, facing severe penalties and even jail time) and pretending it was a hate crime, no less, thereby involving the FBI (and doubling down on the false claim felony) as a publicity stunt for what exactly?

He doesn't have a movie coming out that I can find any information on. He's already on a popular TV show. Iow, he doesn't need to generate his own publicity for anything, let alone do it in such a way as to commit a felony--involving the FBI,no less--if not true.

Unless he's off his meds or something, in which case one still has to wonder where the rope came from. Because either that was what the fuckhead Trump stalkers had with them in their stakeout car (along with the bleach, or whatever the liquid was), or this guy took time out of his busy schedule to shop for a planned psychotic break.

ETA: Btw, it actually makes sense that he was not too badly beaten, if in fact, as I surmise, they had been staking out and did a quick recon of the area around his apartment for any security cameras, looking for dead spots and found one or two. Iow, they may not have had enough space to freely beat the shit out of him.
    Last edited by Koyaanisqatsi; 02-04-2019 at 12:14 AM.

10. Top | #30
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The thing most fishy to me is the maga reference. It reminds me of the conservative woman who lied that someone carved an O in her forehead for Obama. Maga is more an ignorant indirectly racist thing than an overt racist thing. It's not like burning crosses. Generally. It's more like Gone with the Wind.

I could be wrong. Also it could be his victimizers were any race but hated the guy for being gay and so portrayed themselves as maga. But who knows. People are very stupid.