Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheese

1. Top | #31
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    A simple sandwich I like.

Smear tomato paste on a piece of bread. Season with garlic powder. Add cheese and onions and the other piece of bread . Microwave until cheese melts.Add a few pieces of peperoni and microwave pizza sandwich. Or some ham.

Fast, little cleanup, and tastes good.
    I used to do something similar to this but I used pitas. Cooked in a microwave at work.
    Cheerful Charlie

2. Top | #32
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    A simple sandwich I like.

Smear tomato paste on a piece of bread. Season with garlic powder. Add cheese and onions and the other piece of bread . Microwave until cheese melts.Add a few pieces of peperoni and microwave pizza sandwich. Or some ham.

Fast, little cleanup, and tastes good.
    I used to do something similar to this but I used pitas. Cooked in a microwave at work.
    Smart minds think alike.

It is easy to substitute better food for junk fast food without a lot of work.

3. Top | #33
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    For mac and cheese, double creme gouda. Found this at a high end grocer in our area that a Whole Foods store managed to evaporate. Samples of cheese were out and this one spoke to me. Perfect mix of tang, nuttiness, and cream for a great adult mac and cheese. Goudas seem to have flavors that range from tasteless to creamy to smoky. This one hits all of the right spots.

For lasagna, Parrano. I was guessing in a local grocer and picked this up. Turned out to be perfect and try not to make serious lasagnas with anything but. It provides the perfect blend of flavor for lasagnas or other baked pastas.
    So I found a place that sold Parrano about January 2020... then the pandemic hit and that store closed up almost instantly! So out of double cream gouda and Parrano.

However, I have discovered Beeminster's Paradiso Reserve! This provides a comparable tang/nut/creamy flavor which is perfect for ravioli, lasagna, and other baked dishes. It isn't cheap, but it isn't incredible expensive either.