Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parenting...How did you find out you were going to be?

1. Top | #11
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Not so much about how he found out as much as his reaction. Our daughter was still an infant and I was BFing full time (in short no cycle yet) when I had that 'pregnant' feeling. When it wouldn't go away I finally went to the doctor who confirmed and said we were about 9-10 weeks along from the look/feel of things, but ordered a TVS just to be certain. At the sono, the tech said...'well you're not 10 weeks, more like 7.....but there's two." Without missing so much as a pause my husband said "TWO WHAT?" He totally freaked thinking it had two heads or something......It just didn't hit him there could be twins.

2. Top | #12
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Is there an old wives tale that you can’t get pregnant while breastfeeding? Because I’ve heard several similar stories.

3. Top | #13
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    Is there an old wives tale that you can’t get pregnant while breastfeeding? Because I’ve heard several similar stories.
    Yeah. Pregnancy *may* be less likely but mileage varies, as Playball40 has so aptly described. Ovulation may be suppressed but it's not always suppressed. I mean, where do you think Irish twins come from, anyway??????

4. Top | #14
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Yeah. Pregnancy *may* be less likely but mileage varies, as Playball40 has so aptly described. Ovulation may be suppressed but it's not always suppressed. I mean, where do you think Irish twins come from, anyway??????
    Yup. In our case Irish triplets.

5. Top | #15
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Not just old wives tale. It is true that breastfeeding can suppress ovulation for a while. For me it was 13 months, but for a friend it was only 2 months even though she continued nursing for a year. But either way, what you don't know is what month it stops suppressing ovulation until AFTER you have had a fertile ovulation. There's no warning sign.

6. Top | #16
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Not just old wives tale. It is true that breastfeeding can suppress ovulation for a while. For me it was 13 months, but for a friend it was only 2 months even though she continued nursing for a year. But either way, what you don't know is what month it stops suppressing ovulation until AFTER you have had a fertile ovulation. There's no warning sign.
    All part of that "intelligent design".