Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Have you forgotten recipes?

  1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    26,740
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    69,213
    Rep Power
    100

    Question Have you forgotten recipes?

    I was watching Guy Fieri's grocery game thing and one guy made an apple slaw, but with cubes, not shreds. And I was thinking... hey wait a second, I invented apple cole slaw. Shredded apple, shredded carrots, raisins, no dressing... done! I had completely forgotten that I made and loved it. For obvious reasons, you want to prep this at the very last second.

    Made me wonder of other ideas I came up, at least independently, with that I have since forgotten.

  2. Top | #2
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,105
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,139
    Rep Power
    94
    Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce is legendary. My father used to work in Flint and him and his buddies all loved it. The recipe, however, is a closely held secret. My father and his buddies we're out drinking and ran across a waitress from their favorite coney dog place, got her drunk, and got her to reveal the recipe.

    We enjoyed flint style coney dogs for many years after. My father passed away and then my mother passed away suddenly and the recipe was lost. We are desperately trying to find someone who has that recipe.

    The quest moves on.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  3. Top | #3
    Contributor Cheerful Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,277
    Archived
    3,884
    Total Posts
    9,161
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce is legendary. My father used to work in Flint and him and his buddies all loved it. The recipe, however, is a closely held secret. My father and his buddies we're out drinking and ran across a waitress from their favorite coney dog place, got her drunk, and got her to reveal the recipe.

    We enjoyed flint style coney dogs for many years after. My father passed away and then my mother passed away suddenly and the recipe was lost. We are desperately trying to find someone who has that recipe.

    The quest moves on.
    Googling "Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce" pulls up some recipes. Some of them should do.
    Cheerful Charlie

  4. Top | #4
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,105
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,139
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce is legendary. My father used to work in Flint and him and his buddies all loved it. The recipe, however, is a closely held secret. My father and his buddies we're out drinking and ran across a waitress from their favorite coney dog place, got her drunk, and got her to reveal the recipe.

    We enjoyed flint style coney dogs for many years after. My father passed away and then my mother passed away suddenly and the recipe was lost. We are desperately trying to find someone who has that recipe.

    The quest moves on.
    Googling "Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce" pulls up some recipes. Some of them should do.
    I and my sister have done the same. We do remember some parts of the real recipe and the ones we find online aren't it.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

  5. Top | #5
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    13,095
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    13,802
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce is legendary. My father used to work in Flint and him and his buddies all loved it. The recipe, however, is a closely held secret. My father and his buddies we're out drinking and ran across a waitress from their favorite coney dog place, got her drunk, and got her to reveal the recipe.

    We enjoyed flint style coney dogs for many years after. My father passed away and then my mother passed away suddenly and the recipe was lost. We are desperately trying to find someone who has that recipe.

    The quest moves on.
    Googling "Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce" pulls up some recipes. Some of them should do.
    I and my sister have done the same. We do remember some parts of the real recipe and the ones we find online aren't it.
    Be sure to leave the lead out.

  6. Top | #6
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,105
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,139
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

    I and my sister have done the same. We do remember some parts of the real recipe and the ones we find online aren't it.
    Be sure to leave the lead out.
    Very good idea.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Similar Threads

  1. Your best chili recipes
    By rousseau in forum Foods and Recipes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2019, 12:26 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-28-2017, 11:50 PM
  3. The Forgotten Egyptologist and First Wave Feminist Who Invented Wicca
    By Potoooooooo in forum General World History
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2015, 06:18 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 04:26 AM
  5. A Bestiary Of Largely Forgotten Medieval Creatures
    By Potoooooooo in forum General World History
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 02:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •