Thread: Have you forgotten recipes?

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Question Have you forgotten recipes?

I was watching Guy Fieri's grocery game thing and one guy made an apple slaw, but with cubes, not shreds. And I was thinking... hey wait a second, I invented apple cole slaw. Shredded apple, shredded carrots, raisins, no dressing... done! I had completely forgotten that I made and loved it. For obvious reasons, you want to prep this at the very last second.

Made me wonder of other ideas I came up, at least independently, with that I have since forgotten.

2. Top | #2
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce is legendary. My father used to work in Flint and him and his buddies all loved it. The recipe, however, is a closely held secret. My father and his buddies we're out drinking and ran across a waitress from their favorite coney dog place, got her drunk, and got her to reveal the recipe.

We enjoyed flint style coney dogs for many years after. My father passed away and then my mother passed away suddenly and the recipe was lost. We are desperately trying to find someone who has that recipe.

The quest moves on.
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

You submit to tyranny when you renounce truth. - Timothy Snyder

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member Cheerful Charlie's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce is legendary. My father used to work in Flint and him and his buddies all loved it. The recipe, however, is a closely held secret. My father and his buddies we're out drinking and ran across a waitress from their favorite coney dog place, got her drunk, and got her to reveal the recipe.

We enjoyed flint style coney dogs for many years after. My father passed away and then my mother passed away suddenly and the recipe was lost. We are desperately trying to find someone who has that recipe.

The quest moves on.
    Googling "Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce" pulls up some recipes. Some of them should do.
    Cheerful Charlie

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post

The quest moves on.
    Googling "Flint Michigan style coney dog sauce" pulls up some recipes. Some of them should do.
    I and my sister have done the same. We do remember some parts of the real recipe and the ones we find online aren't it.
    ITMFA

When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post

The quest moves on.
    I and my sister have done the same. We do remember some parts of the real recipe and the ones we find online aren't it.
    Be sure to leave the lead out.

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post

Be sure to leave the lead out.
    Very good idea.
    ITMFA