Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black woman White babies (I'm drunk sorry in advance)

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Black woman White babies (I'm drunk sorry in advance)

Hey team! I can't remember ever starting a post on this message board and I'm not the brightest star in the sky. Quick question (may be wrong forum, I'm drunk don't ban me love this place and have high respect for it (except this moment). Ok; I'll get to it. Where can I find stuff about black women having 100% white babies? Is this something that's possible? These just as drunk people around me think it impossible for some (I presume) self concocted reason.

That is all,

2. Top | #2
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    No such thing as "100% white".

3. Top | #3
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfield View Post
    No such thing as "100% white".
    I beg to differ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism_in_humans

The mistake is in thinking that it has anything at all to do with 'race'.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    There are like five or six skin color genes right? They should have various alleles as well. Also, which are dominant or recessive?

Anyone up on these genes?

5. Top | #5
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    1) Albinos.

2) There are few black people in America, most people we call "black" are actually black/white crosses. While on average they will produce a baby similar to their appearance it's possible for the luck of the draw to produce a baby much closer to one of their ancestors--much lighter or much darker than their parents.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospel View Post
    Hey team! I can't remember ever starting a post on this message board and I'm not the brightest star in the sky. Quick question (may be wrong forum, I'm drunk don't ban me love this place and have high respect for it (except this moment). Ok; I'll get to it. Where can I find stuff about black women having 100% white babies? Is this something that's possible? These just as drunk people around me think it impossible for some (I presume) self concocted reason.

That is all,
    Sounds like a creationist trying to confront evolution and genetics.

There are cases of black families with a white ancestor producing offspring that look Caucasian.

The practice of those offspring who hide black parentage and passing themselves as white is called 'passing' in the black community.

Go ahead and get yourself tested for genes. Black, Jewish, Native American and the rest are distributed in the white population. You may have a black ancestor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_(racial_identity)

Passing for white[edit]

James Weldon Johnson, author of the Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man
    To fully understand how some African-American people pass as white, one must acknowledge the rape of slave women at the hands of white plantation owners

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    1) Albinos.

2) There are few black people in America, most people we call "black" are actually black/white crosses. While on average they will produce a baby similar to their appearance it's possible for the luck of the draw to produce a baby much closer to one of their ancestors--much lighter or much darker than their parents.
    Not most, some. Native American genes are dispersed and I have one distant NA ancestor. I'd hardly consider myself a 'mix'.

Sub Saharan Africa is racial and generically diverse. Contrary to what some think, they do not all look the same. Generic testing for a black can resolve a general area they trace back to.

We are all a mix. I am German, Irish, English, Welsh and that one NA. I am the typical America mutt. My aunt married an Italian. That added to the mix in the family.

Blacks in America that trace back themselves are a mix.

As Bigfield said there is no 100% white. That is a white racist fantasy.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If there was a history of having much higher social status for being Nigerian black instead of Nordic white and a high concentration of black skinned ancestry (and facial features associated with Nigerians etc..) then someone like Barack Obama would be called white or mixed but never black.

At any rate, skin color and facial structure genes are probably not much related, As for example you can see in Ethiopians.

9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    1) Albinos.

Not most, some.
    Yes, most.

Indeed, almost all.

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospel View Post

That is all,
    It all depends on your definition of black and white. In USA having the slightest drop of black blood makes you black. While in Brazil having if you can have a lot of black blood and still be considered white. Where we draw the line is culturally dependent, but ultimately arbitrary. If your parents have mixed genetic backgrounds your skin colour can vary quite a bit... because that's how genetic traits are inherited.

So it's possible to have a mother who is over the line of what we consider black, while her child has what we'd consider being over the line of what we consider white.

The rapper Logic, has a black father. Logic is clearly white.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...UN8_GkxFLdZOM: