Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: *Warning: May contain nuts, Christians and/or both

1. Top | #501
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ICrying View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post

You think the smiley-face takes away the insult? Gives you a free pass? So did my boss. So does Donald Trump.
    All I did was post in chat room somewhere in cyber space that I would 'educate you' and then followed that up with a happy face, and now I'm Donald Trump and your pervert boss rolled into one.

Draaaaaamaaaaaa!!!

If you have rep power here of 80, I thank the moderators for keeping me at 1.

: )

That's all folks
    Lol. Didn’t say you were them. Said you were using the same excuse as them. But nice deflection from you and your choice of behaviors. Your call if you want to keep using excuses to be rude.

2. Top | #502
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post

No I mean where there were people who have not yet heard of the Gospels. In Britain the earliests bibles arrived around the 1500's and even then, the poor had no knowledge of Jesus especially when they couldn't own one let alone being able to read, although knowledge did spread from those believers who went out preaching to the poor., just as Jesus said to do.
    How eternally odd that the god would leave this task to humans who didn’t know th world was round. You’d think, as an omnipotent, that the god could have reached everyone then and there, not leaving many generations to go to hel for not having heard it.

Why do you believe your god is weak and not omnipotent?
    To the underlined, I don't...you do.

So now address the rest. Or do you like avoiding the real questions and just answering deliberate mis-readings?

Though to answer your post, yes, I do think you have described your god as weak and not omnipotent.

3. Top | #503
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    [

So now address the rest. Or do you like avoiding the real questions and just answering deliberate mis-readings?
    Not all your wishes can come true.

Seriously, the spreading of "the word" is very easy, listening is very hard. Back then (in the OT) even when the Israelites saw what God did and could do, they still turned their backs. When Jesus came,they saw and they gasped but they wanted to kill HIM over their traditions and comfortable way of life so to speak. Alas we are seemingly by ourselves.

Those that want to be with God will act accordingly by choice if they believe by faith, in this world, and those that don't want to be in the new world is fine too.

Don't worry about those who have not had the word yet and pass away. They will be judged fairly e.g. by what's in their hearts and what they've done imo, because that is the atribute of a Righteous God.

Though to answer your post, yes, I do think you have described your god as weak and not omnipotent.
    And so...God of the bible would be weaker than who if HE is the ultimate Creator? God regrets making man but HE hasn't failed any tests of some god academy or mans knowledge of how a God should be especially since the laws are ULTIMATELY made by HIM. A flawed notion to the theology.
    Last edited by Learner; 07-17-2019 at 06:44 PM.

4. Top | #504
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ICrying View Post

The Bible says:

To the pure, all things are pure; but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure. Titus

I am convinced and fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.
    Romans

For one man has faith to eat all things, while another, who is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The one who eats everything must not belittle the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted him.…
    Romans

So, to answer you Sarpedon, who defines what perverse, under the new covenant, is you and me. That's fair isn't it?
    That is very fair, thanks 1IC, if you don't mind I will use this.

5. Top | #505
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That is very fair, thanks 1IC, if you don't mind I will use this.
    how?

Seriously, how can you use this? In what way? If the Bible says 'do not be perverse' and the answer to 'what is perverse?' includes: "3The one who eats everything must not belittle the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted him"

So, if nothing helps you decide what is or isn't perverse, because it's okay if someone masturbates and it's also okay if someone eschews masturbation, as long as God accepts them, then how do you decide what you can or cannot do?

6. Top | #506
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So I can show a little more humility and compassion to others, my friend.

7. Top | #507
    Archived
    Total Posts
    So I can show a little more humility and compassion to others, my friend.
    Yeah, but that still doesn't answer the question about whether or not your base desires are perverse.
    Sure, maybe you can't judge Zeus when HE says 'I'm gonna stick my dick in it' but this was offered as an answer to how we tell what 'perverse' actually is.

So how can you use that answer 1eye gave to that question?

8. Top | #508
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have a good friend (Brandon) who is a homosexual male and enjoys a healthy and fulfilling relationship with his husband. Many christians believe their relationship to be perverse, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ICrying
    I am convinced and fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.
    Romans
    Sounds like as long as Brandon and his husband do not see anything unclean in their marriage or relationship there's nothing perverse about it. It's only wrong if one of the christians who thinks it's wrong does it.

Does that about sum it up?

9. Top | #509
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Wut.

Don't worry about those who have not had the word yet and pass away. They will be judged fairly e.g. by what's in their hearts and what they've done imo, because that is the atribute of a Righteous God.
    THEN FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HUMANE, WHY DO YOU CAUSE PEOPLE TO NOT BE JUDGED BY THEIR GOOD HEARTS WHEN YOU RECKLESSLY INFECT THEM WITH THE WORD THAT IF THEY DON’T BELIEVE YOU THEY ARE NOW BOUND FOR HELL?

10. Top | #510
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Wut.
    I jest. You mentioned before about avoiding to answer questions.

THEN FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HUMANE, WHY DO YOU CAUSE PEOPLE TO NOT BE JUDGED BY THEIR GOOD HEARTS WHEN YOU RECKLESSLY INFECT THEM WITH THE WORD THAT IF THEY DON’T BELIEVE YOU THEY ARE NOW BOUND FOR HELL?
    If they hear the word and don't believe then the word DID reach them anyway? I was talking of those who have never heard. Besides its a case by case basis. Many people who aren't convinced are considered lost sheep. If you don't believe then there's nothing to worry about.