Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: *Warning: May contain nuts, Christians and/or both

1. Top | #671
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ICrying View Post
    And no, I do not base my entire belief in Exodus
    or the Bible on some nomadic remains.
    I am curious, what do you think we base our DISbelief on?

You offer an archaeological tidbit and claim the Bible is confirmed. But you don't seem to understand why this is not compelling to the skeptic.
    the Noah's ark remains that we discussed earlier, do seem semi-convincing.
    See, here i'd say that you're already convinced of the story, so you accept the stone formation as Noah's Ark.
    Archaeology doesn't work that way.

and I believe you would have to be quite bent to say that these findings have nothing to do with the Biblical story of Joseph.
    There's a Statue of Liberty in the harbor in New York City. One would have to be quite bent to say that the 2nd Ghostbuster movie had nothing to do with any decent tour of NYC. That is, however, a FAR fucking cry from the 2nd Ghostbuster movie being 100% confirmed.

Meanwhile, some of you seem to think that I am avoiding questions/arguments etc. Let me remind you that there are 10 of you and 1 of me (roughly), so I can't keep up with every question (I have a day job)
    Most of us do, you know.

But the advantage of the forum format is that you can answer every question you choose to, given time. It's not like a conversation at the water cooler, where the topic flows on whether you're finished or not.
    So your objection is pretty uncompelling, too.
    Sadly, you might have to spend what time you have here answering questions RATHER than merely rolling on to the next example, but that's a choise you make.

2. Top | #672
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If the nomadic remains story is only a 1 or 2 on the 'proof metre', (which I would agree with),
    Why would you bring a 1-2 argument to the board? No respect for the audience?

3. Top | #673
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    If the nomadic remains story is only a 1 or 2 on the 'proof metre', (which I would agree with),
    Why would you bring a 1-2 argument to the board? No respect for the audience?
    Salesman technique. He won't tell you the chair he's offering you is tacky until you say it's tacky. Then he agrees and compliments you on your taste. 'Saw thru that, did you? You would not believe how many people we get who let that pattern in their homes. But i like you. You're discerning. But my manager is trying to move this shit. Let's look over here at the better stuff.'

Now you and he are accomplices to the purchase, Fight The Man(ager)!

Hopefully, his willingness to admit that it's crap proof will weaken you resolve to disprove the 3-4 evidence.