Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: *Warning: May contain nuts, Christians and/or both

1. Top | #21
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Looks like a drive by Christian. How about putting this in Elsewhere?
    Looks like a staged christian.
    What's a staged Christian? Someone posing as a Christian?

2. Top | #22
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atrib View Post
    What's a staged Christian? Someone posing as a Christian?
    Chicago style.

3. Top | #23
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Without getting into any debate, I just want to say that 1I Crying was a member of Secular Cafe. He obviously isn't the most sophisticated person, but from what I remember of him on the other board, he is certainly a Christian, not someone posing as a Christian. Regardless of what I think of his beliefs, I think he had good, but misguided intentions.

4. Top | #24
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That also applies to Jesus Christ. Allegedly.

5. Top | #25
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    Without getting into any debate, I just want to say that 1I Crying was a member of Secular Cafe. He obviously isn't the most sophisticated person, but from what I remember of him on the other board, he is certainly a Christian, not someone posing as a Christian. Regardless of what I think of his beliefs, I think he had good, but misguided intentions.
    Ok.
    Thank you.

6. Top | #26
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    Ohhh, He's sophisticated alright. So much so, that none of you will likely understand just how much so. Hahaha.

Thanks Sohe for clearing that up. Good to be back my Southern Hemispheric friend. I had thought that Sohe was your name and you were from India or something. : ) Truth. And you're right. Sophistication is not my bag. But yes, I am a Christian ya'll. But not your regular variety. Liberal is probably a liberal description. And if you asked me who the 12 disciples were, I could not do that. However, I do believe that I have an overall good grasp of the basics.

My apologies in advance for not being on the ball when it comes to this thread. I just do not and will not have time to keep up with the barrage of posts, though I will try to do my best in getting back in a timely fashion. Right now though, it's 11.20 pm or so and I have 2 hours of actual work to do before I get up at 6.30 and go to my regular slavorama. Looking forward to some free time to post some more goodness for ya'll.

One thing Id like to add - I am not your typical door knockin Christian. I am with my friends as Sohe is with his friends. I do NOT bring up or talk about religion. The majority of my friends I would say fall into the Secular catagory.

I do, however, feel invited to discuss this topic with you folks here, probably moreso in a forum called talkfreethought than i did at Secular cafe. I did give fair warning in the title though - warning - may contain Christians.

And what is this thread about, as asked DrZoidberg. I would just say that this is your thread/opportunity to discuss religious matters with a real life Christian, however unsophisticated. My apologies.

Also, I didn't primarily come here to try and save/convert people. I am happy to be able to just share my viewpoint with others - Christian or otherwise. Of course, being a Christian does have, built into it, the desire to try and do that - but I will have you know - I do not judge any of you, I am happy to leave that to God, and the only one that I am really trying to save, is me.

For my close friends, who I do not discuss any of this with, I fear that when the truth is revealed (the truth that I believe in) that they will be rightful upset that I did not try harder to get through to them. On the other hand, I trust that God, in his utmost wisdom, will sort it all out for the best.

As with you folks, I will continue to tell you what I do believe, and that is ... the water IS free! You don't have to go to Church or listen to Stryper or any of that. So drink up.

Peace.

1I
    Last edited by 1ICrying; 04-29-2019 at 08:10 AM.

7. Top | #27
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ICrying View Post
    And what is this thread about, as asked DrZoidberg. I would just say that this is your thread/opportunity to discuss religious matters with a real life Christian, however unsophisticated. My apologies.

Also, I didn't primarily come here to try and save/convert people. I am happy to be able to just share my viewpoint with others - Christian or otherwise.
    Ok. Cool. Welcome.

8. Top | #28
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ICrying View Post
    One thing Id like to add - I am not your typical door knockin Christian.
    You say that, yet your post is almost entirely about you.

9. Top | #29
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I too welcome 1ICrying.

That original post certainly invited the dog-pile that ensued. I hope that we can enjoy spirited yet respectful dialog. In that vein I will endeavor to be patient while you attend to the barrage of challenges to your OP.

10. Top | #30
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    And, I want to apologize to 1I if he felt insulted when I said he wasn't the most sophisticated person.....

It's just that some of the posters here seem to feel that they hold the intellectual, educational high ground and your initial post was a bit difficult to understand as to what you were trying to say. There is nothing wrong with not being "sophisticated", I usually enjoy people who are down to earth, and not pretentious a lot more than I do people who are always trying to impress others with their intellectual sophistication.

So, I am relieved to see that we didn't completely run you off. I also encourage you to see if there are other places on the forum where you might feel comfortable, and not just concentrate on explaining your religious beliefs to us. I have a lot of nice Christian friends but we never discuss religion. We are proof that atheists and Christians can find other areas of common ground, while maintaining a healthy respect of each other's character.

Btw, I"m a she, not a he and it's sohy, not sohe. That name was the result of some former posters giving me a nickname, which I decided to use as a screen name in other places.
    Last edited by southernhybrid; 04-29-2019 at 01:16 PM.