Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000+ Apostates from Darwinism!

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

1000+ Apostates from Darwinism!

According to Christain News: https://christiannews.net/2019/02/13...rom-darwinism/ the Discovery Institute has managed to get over 1K scientists to sign their “Dissent From Darwinism” statement.

In almost 20 years...

They're disappointed that some of them only quibble about evolutionary theory, rather than coming all the way over to admitting to creationist views. But they're really, really proud of the 1000.

Project Steve, of course, took about six years to reach 1000.

But anyway, 1000 is about 0.0125% of the scientists of the world deciding to reject the teachings of Darwin.

I calculate that's about equal to one knuckle of my little finger deciding that it's no longer going to be Keith. Keith Apostate. Rejecting Keith. I'm remarkably unaffected by this, should it happen. My life will go on.

"Okay, whatever you say, that hand is still wiping Keith's ass, with or without you."

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    According to Christain News: https://christiannews.net/2019/02/13...rom-darwinism/ the Discovery Institute has managed to get over 1K scientists to sign their “Dissent From Darwinism” statement.

In almost 20 years...

They're disappointed that some of them only quibble about evolutionary theory, rather than coming all the way over to admitting to creationist views. But they're really, really proud of the 1000.

Project Steve, of course, took about six years to reach 1000.

But anyway, 1000 is about 0.0125% of the scientists of the world deciding to reject the teachings of Darwin.

I calculate that's about equal to one knuckle of my little finger deciding that it's no longer going to be Keith. Keith Apostate. Rejecting Keith. I'm remarkably unaffected by this, should it happen. My life will go on.

"Okay, whatever you say, that hand is still wiping Keith's ass, with or without you."
    "The teachings of Darwin"

That phrase puts "Evolutionism" on the same page as "What my pastor told me last Sunday".

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    There has always been a small segment that disputes evolution. The DI site is very slick and scientific looking.

https://www.discoverynj.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Institute

The Discovery Institute (DI) is a politically conservative[4][5][6] non-profit think tank based in Seattle, Washington, that advocates the pseudoscientific concept[7][8][9] of intelligent design (ID). Its "Teach the Controversy" campaign aims to permit the teaching of anti-evolution, intelligent-design beliefs in United States public high school science courses in place of accepted scientific theories, positing that a scientific controversy exists over these subjects.[10][11][12][13][14][15][16

Physicians and Surgeons for Scientific Integrity[edit]

The Physicians and Surgeons for Scientific Integrity (PSSI), formally registered as PSSI International Inc, is a United States 501(c)(3) nonprofit anti-evolution organization promoting the pseudoscience of intelligent design associated with the Discovery Institute, based in Clearwater, Florida. While in the past, the organization sponsored events promoting intelligent design and fundamentalist Christianity, it is currently largely inactive.[19] The PSSI was established in early 2006 by Rich Akin.[20] Geoffrey Simmons, M.D., Discovery Institute fellow, is one of the Directors of the PSSI.

The PSSI created a public list of medical professionals who dissent from Darwinism. This list is used by the Discovery Institute in its anti-evolution campaigns. The list is used in support of the Discovery Institute claims that intelligent design is scientifically valid while asserting that evolution lacks broad scientific support.[21]

The PSSI, which was active between 2006 - 2008, held a "Doctors Doubting Darwin" rally at the University of South Florida's Sun Dome in September 2006. Attendance was estimated at 3,500 to 4,000 people by a local reporter.[22] Apologetic organizations promoting the event had hoped to fill all 7,700 seats in the Sun Dome.[23][24] This meeting featured the Discovery Institute's Jonathan Wells and fellow Michael Behe, and received local radio coverage. This rally was opposed by the Florida Citizens for Science organization

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    There has always been a small segment that disputes evolution. The DI site is very slick and scientific looking.

https://www.discoverynj.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Institute

The Discovery Institute (DI) is a politically conservative[4][5][6] non-profit think tank based in Seattle, Washington, that advocates the pseudoscientific concept[7][8][9] of intelligent design (ID). Its "Teach the Controversy" campaign aims to permit the teaching of anti-evolution, intelligent-design beliefs in United States public high school science courses in place of accepted scientific theories, positing that a scientific controversy exists over these subjects.[10][11][12][13][14][15][16

Physicians and Surgeons for Scientific Integrity[edit]

The Physicians and Surgeons for Scientific Integrity (PSSI), formally registered as PSSI International Inc, is a United States 501(c)(3) nonprofit anti-evolution organization promoting the pseudoscience of intelligent design associated with the Discovery Institute, based in Clearwater, Florida. While in the past, the organization sponsored events promoting intelligent design and fundamentalist Christianity, it is currently largely inactive.[19] The PSSI was established in early 2006 by Rich Akin.[20] Geoffrey Simmons, M.D., Discovery Institute fellow, is one of the Directors of the PSSI.

The PSSI created a public list of medical professionals who dissent from Darwinism. This list is used by the Discovery Institute in its anti-evolution campaigns. The list is used in support of the Discovery Institute claims that intelligent design is scientifically valid while asserting that evolution lacks broad scientific support.[21]

The PSSI, which was active between 2006 - 2008, held a "Doctors Doubting Darwin" rally at the University of South Florida's Sun Dome in September 2006. Attendance was estimated at 3,500 to 4,000 people by a local reporter.[22] Apologetic organizations promoting the event had hoped to fill all 7,700 seats in the Sun Dome.[23][24] This meeting featured the Discovery Institute's Jonathan Wells and fellow Michael Behe, and received local radio coverage. This rally was opposed by the Florida Citizens for Science organization
    Don't forget about all the formal, established groups of "Flat Earth" proponents... that makes it valid too. Two ideas, flat or round... 50/50, so who could really say.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A pox on anyone who doubts a book with...
    > a walking, talking snake
    > a talking jackass (not Jesus)
    > a guy inducing his lambs and goats to have striped offspring by placing striped sticks near them
    > rabbits chewing the cud

Now that's a book for your biology class. Remember, evolution is nothing more than a theory. It can't be demonstrated, unlike the striped stick thing. Also, Darwin's last words were, "I believe in the striped stick thing."

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I blame all those stupid Jesus fish decorations on the back of cars for feeding into the notion that atheists worship and hang on the words of Darwin. Christians base their entire belief system on the infallibility of a book and a supposed messiah written about in that book. When non-christians made a joke of those fishes with the Darwin fish, it fed Christians the idea that atheists hold Darwin's theories sacred and worship the man as a messiah, just like they will do.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FwL View Post
    When non-christians made a joke of those fishes with the Darwin fish, it fed Christians the idea that atheists hold Darwin's theories sacred and worship the man as a messiah, just like they will do.
    So? It's still on them to undrrstand what they're talking about, or go with dhallow first impressions AND to listen when people try to explain. But time after time, they insist on holding their misunderstanding dear...

Plus, they were holding us as worshipers of evolution long before the Darwin Fish....

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    When non-christians made a joke of those fishes with the Darwin fish, it fed Christians the idea that atheists hold Darwin's theories sacred and worship the man as a messiah, just like they will do.
    So? It's still on them to undrrstand what they're talking about, or go with dhallow first impressions AND to listen when people try to explain. But time after time, they insist on holding their misunderstanding dear...

Plus, they were holding us as worshipers of evolution long before the Darwin Fish....

The Christians I grew up amongst wouldn't have even known the name Darwin if it hadn't been for those fishes.

Expecting Christians to apply understanding or reason is wishful thinking.

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The Christians I grew up amongst wouldn't have even known the name Darwin if it hadn't been for those fishes.
    Well, then, they're welcome.
    Expecting Christians to apply understanding or reason is wishful thinking.
    Never said i expected them to step up. It's still their ignorance, though, so their problem.
    If the only objection they can bring to the argument us that i worship Darwin, they're going to lose.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Not to worry (regards to the OP) they were "Lukewarm" Darwinsts anyway .