Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Republicans 2020

1. Top | #41
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Former S.C. congressman Mark Sanford announces Republican primary challenge against Trump - The Washington Post
    “I think we need to have a conversation on what it means to be a Republican,” Sanford added. “I think that as a Republican Party, we have lost our way.”
    So DT has three challengers so far.

2. Top | #42
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    Former S.C. congressman Mark Sanford announces Republican primary challenge against Trump - The Washington Post
    “I think we need to have a conversation on what it means to be a Republican,” Sanford added. “I think that as a Republican Party, we have lost our way.”
    So DT has three challengers so far.
    You misspelled zero. Trump owns the GOP somehow. Trump has proven, anyone but a Democrat is the GOP voter's platform.

3. Top | #43
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Mark Sanford says he is launching primary challenge against Trump - CNNPolitics
    In a campaign-style video released last month, Sanford warned of "a big storm coming" if the issues of debt, the deficit or government spending aren't prioritized.

"I just got through watching two Democratic debates that offered little more than a long laundry list of new political promises that we can't afford," Sanford says. "I listen to the President, who rules out action on the very things that drive our debt and spending."

America, he added, is "in the most precarious financial position" and "not dealing with it could crush our economy, it could wipe out whatever we've saved, it could even destroy our republic."
    At least he's willing to criticize a Republican here.

Trump takes aim at Mark Sanford, his newest GOP challenger - POLITICO
    “When the former Governor of the Great State of South Carolina, @MarkSanford, was reported missing, only to then say he was away hiking on the Appalachian Trail, then was found in Argentina with his Flaming Dancer friend, it sounded like his political career was over,” Trump tweeted.

“It was, but then he ran for Congress and won, only to lose his re-elect after I Tweeted my endorsement, on Election Day, for his opponent,” he continued, alluding to his support for Sanford's GOP primary challenger, who wound up losing the Congressional seat to Democrat Joe Cunningham. “But now take heart, he is back, and running for President of the United States. The Three Stooges, all badly failed candidates, will give it a go!”
    What's his idea of "badly failed"? Is he capable of being anything more than a jerk?

4. Top | #44
    Veteran Member Cheerful Charlie's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    At least Sanford hasn't been accused of rape.
    Cheerful Charlie