Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Thread: Do Democrats Realize They Are The Party Of Racism?

1. Top | #701
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb#20 View Post
    It is unobvious to me….
    Obviously. And no matter how many times it is explained by K&C or others, you still don’t get it

In the first place, all white women are specific white women….
    No, it is not.
    And in the second place, Ms. Jackson et al. aren't only charging a whole demographic with complicity; they're also inviting themselves to have a white woman serve them dinner while they accuse her of complicity in person. Is that specific enough for you?
    Not to anyone who can read and reason in context. They are inviting a generic white woman, not a specific woman.

I didn't say blaming; I said holding responsible. That's a broader concept: "liable to be called on to answer", "accountable".
    Pedantry aside, my point still stands.

That argument presupposes that the political spectrum has an objective origin and "left" and "right" aren't purely relational concepts.
    Walsh referred to “The Left”. If “The Left” really has no determinant meaning in his statement, then that statement really has no meaning other than to allow white snowflakes and “rightwingers” to validate their pathetic need to defy “The Left”.

No worries. Since you decline to offer a criterion for "leftist", it falls to me.
    Of course it fell to you. I am not the one making claims about leftists – you are.
    I'm a centrist. Therefore anyone who takes positions further left than my own is a leftist. All the people I named have taken such positions; that's why I perceived them to be leftists; that's what my descriptive statement about them communicated.
    Thank you for your rather narcissistic definition. It explains a lot.
    If that's not enough to satisfy you, AthenaAwakened calls herself an anarchosyndicalist and said "First, we kill all the bankers." Will you dispute that calling her a leftist is descriptive?
    No, I would not.

2. Top | #702
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It is unobvious to me. K&C called it bravery for a black person to say he's proud to be of his race and won't let others define him as a lesser being. He called it pathetic for white people to do the same. His explanation for why it's pathetic was that some whites did bad things. But of course some blacks did bad things too. So why the difference? What context clarifies this that I have failed to take into account? How have I misinterpreted his comments? What possible other interpretation of what he said is there besides that he is laying the wrongdoings of some whites at the door of different whites? If it's obvious to anyone, or at least if it's obvious to you, then help me out here.

In the first place, all white women are specific white women. What, should a specific black woman not perceive herself as attacked when somebody makes a racist sexist remark about black women in general?

And in the second place, Ms. Jackson et al. aren't only charging a whole demographic with complicity; they're also inviting themselves to have a white woman serve them dinner while they accuse her of complicity in person. Is that specific enough for you?

First, taking your argument as valid it is not blaming current white people for the past wrongdoings of white people.
    I didn't say blaming; I said holding responsible. That's a broader concept: "liable to be called on to answer", "accountable".

Second, the propagandists are not arguing that any single person could make anything go away. They are arguing that by doing nothing, they are complicit.
    No, they're not arguing that. They explicitly say even if the targets of their invective are doing something -- denouncing Trump, the KKK and Nazis -- they're still complicit. And they explicitly say "ALL WHITE PEOPLE" must acknowledge their complicity, without making any exception for the ones who are doing a heck of a lot more. It is not just the women doing nothing whom they are saying "as a white person in America, you are an active participant in upholding white supremacy" to.

They are not arguing that anyone has to be successful in their actions to undo white supremacy.
    Indeed; they are arguing that no matter what actions any woman takes to undo white supremacy, she will still be upholding it. It's a very Christian-like attitude: there can be no salvation through works. You're a sinner regardless of anything in particular that you have or haven't done. You have to confess your sinful nature and hope for forgiveness.

As Walsh said, "the point is to defy the Left's rules just for the sake of defying them". If you don't perceive the people attempting to impose such rules as "the Left", well, your perception isn't the pertinent one.
    True, but if these people are not really leftists, then it makes seem Walsh like more like a reactionary moron than a perceptive commentator about society.
    That argument presupposes that the political spectrum has an objective origin and "left" and "right" aren't purely relational concepts.

But if you think whether they are objectively leftists makes a difference for whatever reason, feel free to propose an objective criterion for "leftist" and then we can examine whether the people I named qualify.
    My point is that the term “leftist” is thrown around as a pejorative rather than as a descriptor. You claimed certain people were leftists, and you have yet to substantiate your claim of fact even after asked to do so. Which suggests your use was rhetorical rather than descriptive.
    No worries. Since you decline to offer a criterion for "leftist", it falls to me. I'm a centrist. Therefore anyone who takes positions further left than my own is a leftist. All the people I named have taken such positions; that's why I perceived them to be leftists; that's what my descriptive statement about them communicated.

If that's not enough to satisfy you, AthenaAwakened calls herself an anarchosyndicalist and said "First, we kill all the bankers." Will you dispute that calling her a leftist is descriptive?
    Isn’t it a bit more complicated than black v white pride. Black pride exists in part because they have no defined local ethnic identity, unlike Americans who came from Germany, Ireland, Norway, or China. Generally ethnic pride exists for most Americans based on their origin identity and almost no one has an issue with Octoberfest or Cinco de Mayo.

So generally ‘black pride’ is a broad-brushed wearing Italian colors for the Italy fest in the US because African Americans have absolutely no localized African identity.

Meanwhile, white pride is just racist bullshit.

3. Top | #703
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life View Post
    You know it when you hear it. Hillary and AOC completely changed their speaking voice when they were around black crowds. The Dems are speaking Spanish to pander to Spanish voters.
    No matter how many times you say it, Hillary Clinton only put on a black (southern) accent when she was directly using a fairly well-known quote, and AOC code-switched to a pretty normal NYC Puerto Rican accent.

It's always funny when y'all conservatives start hopping up and down, yelling "Look! Look! That democrat uses different accents around different audiences! She's a Phony! Hey everyone! She's a phony!" Man, everyone does that You look like a clown making such a big deal out of it.
    You say that everyone does it. Where do the Republicans code switch? I didn't hear Trump putting on an accent to pander to blacks.

4. Top | #704
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    You say that everyone does it. Where do the Republicans code switch? I didn't hear Trump putting on an accent to pander to blacks.
    That would be hilarious to hear Trump do an accent be thinks blacks sound like, and then to see the media roast him for it.

5. Top | #705
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    That would be hilarious to hear Trump do an accent be thinks blacks sound like, and then to see the media roast him for it.
    Yet, Hillary and AOC can do it with immunity.

6. Top | #706
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    You know it when you hear it. Hillary and AOC completely changed their speaking voice when they were around black crowds. The Dems are speaking Spanish to pander to Spanish voters.
    No matter how many times you say it, Hillary Clinton only put on a black (southern) accent when she was directly using a fairly well-known quote, and AOC code-switched to a pretty normal NYC Puerto Rican accent.

It's always funny when y'all conservatives start hopping up and down, yelling "Look! Look! That democrat uses different accents around different audiences! She's a Phony! Hey everyone! She's a phony!" Man, everyone does that You look like a clown making such a big deal out of it.
    When did Trump even pander to blacks?

7. Top | #707
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

That's the whole point! He doesn't have to pander to them. He can directly talk to them like they are human beings, not fools.

8. Top | #708
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

That's the whole point! He doesn't have to pander to them. He can directly talk to them like they are human beings, not fools.
    First, Trump talks like a fool most of the time. Second, pandering has nothing to do with talking down to anyone. Third, when did Trump talk to the black community directly like human beings?

9. Top | #709
    Archived
    Total Posts

First, Trump talks like a fool most of the time. Second, pandering has nothing to do with talking down to anyone. Third, when did Trump talk to the black community directly like human beings?
    When being interviewed on a black radio station, Hillary was askd what she carries with her everywhere she goes. She said, "Hot sauce." The blatant racism is right there.

Imagine if Trump did that? The left would roast him for that racism! But, Hillary did it, so it's OK....or something......

10. Top | #710
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

When being interviewed on a black radio station, Hillary was askd what she carries with her everywhere she goes. She said, "Hot sauce." The blatant racism is right there.
    First, that does not address a single thing in my response. When has Trump actually address the black community directly like human beings? That is a real question.
    Second, I have no idea why the response "hot sauce" is racist, which means I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Imagine if Trump did that? The left would roast him for that racism! But, Hillary did it, so it's OK....or something......
    Would Trump going to black radio station (which I doubt would ever happen) be an example of Trump pandering to black people?