Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: How a wrong logic could affect mathematics?

1. Top | #111
    Archived
    Total Posts
    My starting point is after these common language terms are used to signpost wayward philosophers to what is actually going on. But because you are a bit slow on the uptake I'm going to refer you to stuff you might actually understand.

You should try using the internet. Some surprising results might confront you. To wit: Go though about six of these slide shows https://www.slideshare.net/poojithch...nce-of-thought then come back and realistically defend your blurt that scientists are not "investigating thinking, reflecting or reasoning."

Armed with your 'new' knowledge come back and explain to me why thought, reflection or reasoning should be considered fundamental categories of human information processing. They are just grab points, utterances, reflecting common agreed to utterances of understanding between like speaking humans. They are neither singular nor actual explanatory terms of what humans do. What is going on is simply physical processing within a life form equipped to communicate with other similar life forms. Nothing astounding there. You might just as well have insisted on witches, warlocks, and devils be explained.
    Last edited by fromderinside; 07-06-2019 at 05:30 PM.

2. Top | #112
    Archived
    Total Posts
    You must be kidding.
    EB

3. Top | #113
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I asked you a very clear and very simple question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakpigeon View Post
    can you spell out what those bright scientists would say the difference is between thinking, reflecting, and reasoning?
    All you do, like always, is link to dreadful websites.
    EB

4. Top | #114
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Bright scientist retired self reporting for answer sirrah. There is no difference between them. They are all made up constructs represented by some wonderful rational people to reflect some basic functions of another made up construct, mind. That is exactly the justification I used to point you toward the equivalent constructs witches, warlocks, and devils.

so

- nm

Actually what is important is what Crick and Koch published in Royal Society Philosophical Transactions B in 2005.

What is the function of the claustrum? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1569501/

After arguing for the need for certain capacities of nervous system they find the Claustrum properly situated and communicating with structures shown probably responsible for those capacities

They conclude:

The neuroanatomy of the claustrum is compatible with a global role in integrating information at the fast time-scale. This should be further experimentally investigated, in particular if this structure plays a key role in consciousness. What could be more important? So why wait?
    There is no reason center in the brain, no thinking center, no reflecting center. So why not use findings that actually describe processes engaged in directing what humans do for setting the language of what humans do. The only ones of which I'm aware the we know about are processes for associating, sensing, engaging, directing, responding. Others may exist like memory processes, tuning processes, and the like but we haven't arrived at definitive answers for such yet.
    Last edited by fromderinside; 07-08-2019 at 09:56 PM.

5. Top | #115
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    There is no reason center in the brain, no thinking center, no reflecting center. So why not use findings that actually describe processes engaged in directing what humans do for setting the language of what humans do.
    There is a centre. It's the brain.

Seems obvious to all except apparently scientists?

Beside, that is entirely irrelevant. I asked you a very simple question. You don't know the answer and yet, you will go on and on and on as if you had something meaningful and relevant to say.
    EB

6. Top | #116
    Contributor
    Interesting. Fast processing.

Back when I stared riding a motorcycle as I increased speed the lines in the center of the road began to blur. At some point it was like the mental time base changed, the lines seemd to slow down and I could watch them go by. I could not react faster but given stimulus the perception changed.

Fast action appears in slow motion like in a movie.